Thread: Riddle me this...

Default Riddle me this...

Swallowing a little hard with the $60 donation to Wyoming for my right to fish the Gorge this year. My question is will it significantly reduce the pressure on the Gorge? I know there were many last year that opted for the shorter and cheaper trips to Strawberry. Just wondering if you all think that trend will continue?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

I do agree by time you get boat tags and licesnses for both states it makes you wonder if it's worth it. I will pay to fish both states but that's me. I have had people come up that will only fish the Utah side because they won't pay the fees.

I do think it may lower the fishing pressure on the Wyo. side but most will pay too play.

I will pay to play. Im in. I dont know why anyone would want to fish in Wyoming anyhow. The wind blows all the time, nothing up there. HE HE!
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

I put together the necessary credentials a couple of days ago. Last March I even updated my fishing license to the 5yr plan. I might get as many as 3 day trips during the season to the Gorge however I make it worth my while. I've become more of a defector of the Gorge opting to Strawberry as it has taken over the FAV list. There is also a growing list of disgruntled campers at Strawberry. There is no free pass launching a boat. A camper must pay the daily launch fee in which camp fees do not cover any longer. Also have seen launch fees go up 3 times in as many weeks from $7 to $9.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Quote Originally Posted by nofish View Post
    I do agree by time you get boat tags and licesnses for both states it makes you wonder if it's worth it. I will pay to fish both states but that's me. I have had people come up that will only fish the Utah side because they won't pay the fees.

I do think it may lower the fishing pressure on the Wyo. side but most will pay too play.
    With a couple of kids and a wife at a $30 premium each, that's a real bite in the ass for you. I was reminded that it is actually a $90 hit for me with Karen's reciprocal stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    I put together the necessary credentials a couple of days ago.
    Were you able to buy your Wyoming stamp online? I tried yesterday and it wouldn't let me select it from the menu.

Cool

I agree with Aaron that is a lot just for me and penny to make the trip. We will still go even if we have to eat roman noodles for a week.
    GOT TO LOVE THAT BODY OF WATER.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    With a couple of kids and a wife at a $30 premium each, that's a real bite in the ass for you. I was reminded that it is actually a $90 hit for me with Karen's reciprocal stamp.
    Yea I think I am over $200 for the four of us, but the time spent with the family is priceless so its way worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Were you able to buy your Wyoming stamp online? I tried yesterday and it wouldn't let me select it from the menu.
    I'm opting to wait last on getting recipricol but will get one soon enough. While Wyoming is gouging the Utahns pocket for $30, Utah gives a break to Wyoming resident with a $10 charge only. Also while Utah residents is paying AIS fees during boat registration all nonresidents get a FREE pass from AIS fees. Other states surrounding Utah don't allow the free pass. Our state is purchasing expensive equipment for decon AIS at the residents expense.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

The new owner of Buckboard is pouring buckets of money into that place so folks that go out of or stay there should expect some increases as that money has to be recouped some how.

I will fish FG more this year My dad just passed away so I will have more free time
    and if I pay $4000 for a nother fishfinder so I can get better at catching big Lakers.
    I will need to pay WY. what they want. and I like that side for kokanee a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by liketrolling View Post
    I will fish FG more this year My dad just passed away so I will have more free time
    and if I pay $4000 for a nother fishfinder so I can get better at catching big Lakers.
    I will need to pay WY. what they want. and I like that side for kokanee a lot better.
    Robert, my condolences to you about your dad. I agree with you about Wyoming, the fishing is better, its more open and those vacationers usually keep the waters more churned on the Utah side knowing they don't have to buy an AIS decal.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

Sorry to hear about you dad Robert. This year I hope I get more time with a fishing pole in my hand instead of a paint brush.

Robert, im so sorry to hear about your fathers passing. I cant even imagine the hole that leaves in your life. My condolences to you and your family.

I would rather spend the money and fish the Wyoming side any day. While the utah side is awesome for sight seeing and some laker fishing, i will take the Wyoming side each and every day!
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

I will spend the money to play in the Gorge , I think it's worth it.
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot

I had to call and complain a couple of times but Wyoming Game & Fish got their website straightened out so that the 2020 recip. stamp is now available. The AIS sticker is on the boat and Karen and my stamp is ordered.