Thread: Non polluted places to fish in south central Idaho?

Default Non polluted places to fish in south central Idaho?

What non polluted places are there to fish in south central Idaho? I especially want to avoid any pollution from toxic and nuclear waste.

Oh, and this is for any kind of fish that doesn't come in from the ocean. I didn't realize this forum was about one specific type of fish when I first saw it.
    Last edited by somename; 10-24-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Does ID. have a bunch toxic and nuclear waste?
    CH
    God does not subtract one minute of life for the hours spent fishing.

No nuke waste issues in Idaho lakes. As with anywhere in the West, you want to pay attention to mining issues from the past. You can go to the Idaho Fish and Game web site and look at any fish pollution warnings.
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Military bases from earlier years were know for ground water contamination with the chemicals used and some nuclear waste. I was at one that closed in 2001, its still going thru the process of being cleaned up today. Those that remained opened are feeling the grips of the EPA in pursuant of cleanup also.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Yes I know about military bases. We have fire fighting foam contamination around Peterson AFB here in Colorado. So you need to be vigilant. Where you eat fish from these days.
    CH
    God does not subtract one minute of life for the hours spent fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by MMDON View Post
    No nuke waste issues in Idaho lakes. As with anywhere in the West, you want to pay attention to mining issues from the past. You can go to the Idaho Fish and Game web site and look at any fish pollution warnings.
    Yeah, but what about rivers?