Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Hello everyone just signed up. I just purchase a 14ft Klamath and am setup with 2 down riggers, fish finder and of course a ice chest. So I have my sights on Bullards Bar for Kokanee. The bait has always been Wedding rings and white corn. That was 20 years ago. Just wondering if things have changed and what colors or lure to use. Also leader setup? Snubber? Thank you

Welcome. The season has just about come to an end but never too early to start thinking about next year. In the last 20 years the popularity of Kokanee fishing has gotten pretty crazy. While what you remember about tackle and tactics still puts fish in the boat, there are many other options now. Micro hootchies came on the scene a few years ago and kind of taken over as the number one choice of most Koke fishermen. Short leaders of 12” or less are the general rule. As for color, pink still tends to dominate but orange, white, purple, green or blue still have their days. (Maybe the reason we are all tackle whores with more tackle than we will ever use)
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Things have changed a lot but one good thing is people there are much more likely to share what is working. Ask at the launch what other people are using and have them show you so you get an idea of what they have! As Dave said, what you are suggesting will still put some fish in the boat but there are many more options now.
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Also, take a peek at the tackle craft board and see some of the DIY stuff that use.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Welcome aboard Grego!