Thread: kokanne fishing east of the mississippi

Default kokanee fishing east of the mississippi

Just registered to site. Have been fishing for kokanee for over 50 years here in CT. I am within 15 miles of the two lakes that hold kokanee and within 50 miles of a third. The only other lake which contains kokanee is in NC and fighting to save the fishery. Hope to join into the conversation and learn from others. I am a lake fishing guide in northwest CT fishing primarily for trout, crappie, pike, white perch and kokanee(boated 208 so far this season). If I can assist with information on the kokanee fishery here in the east i would be happy to share my experiences.
    Last edited by buzz; 10-02-2019 at 11:25 PM.

From the western US welcome buzz We also can learn from your expertise on koke fishing and look fwd to your posts. Our koke season here in Utah will be shutting down for the spawn from mid Sept to end of Nov.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Bduck Having followed the fishery out west over the years we've become very successful in finding and more important boating kokanee Thanks for the education. We begin fishing in April and our success is pretty consistent throughout the summer and into fall. It's a small community when it comes to kokanee fishing but growing. Hope to pick up some tips when it comes to catching kokes through the ice. Haven't had a lot of success. Would like to offer ice fishing for kokanee to my guide service (fishingquietwaters.com) at some point.
    Last edited by buzz; 10-02-2019 at 11:22 PM.