Thread: New member from West Slope CO

Default New member from West Slope CO

Thanks for putting on an outstanding forum, I have been reading and learning as a guest for a while. I mostly fish Blue by kayak (in the morning) but try to get to Ridgway and Taylor when I can. I am tying my rigs for hoochies and haven’t gotten into spinners and beads yet.
    I am at the steep part of the learning curve but I have the bug bad.
    If any other kayak guys would care for some company I am geared up and self sufficient but excited to learn and share anything I can. I don’t have anything against boats, just out of my budget:)
    PM me for a contact if you like, otherwise I will join in on threads when I get a chance.

Welcome to our boards kokaneeds That bug you have will get taken by the catch. Looking fwd to your reports
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Welcome Kokaneeds,
    Saw a guy and his daughters "trolling" on a two seater sit on top kayak at the Gorge a few weeks ago. Each evening I'd watch them reel in a few fish. I was shocked when I saw their stringer always included a couple of kokes. Looked like a LOT of fun and the girls always had big smiles on the face as they walk by camp. I "get it" now. Been reading your reports on another site for BM - (my other favorite lake!) Again, "Welcome" and looking forward to your posts.

Thanks Old’n Still learning:)
    It is a lot of fun, we were doing the math on a boat last summer and couldn’t make it add up. For way less than a grand we ended up getting everyone in the family in kayaks and geared up. A boat will come when it is supposed to but until then we will fish out of about anything that floats:)!
    BM is a lot to learn, I am glad you guys share some good info and look forward to contributing anything I can.
    Tight lines:)