Thread: 10 days of koke fishing in june!

Default 10 days of koke fishing in june!

I was lucky enough to spend 10 days of koke fishing on Northern Utah's awesome koke fisheries Strawberry and Flaming Gorge (Utah and wyoming side) over the last month or so. Fishing was more than fantastic on every trip. On both lakes fish were spread out from the surface down to 45'. I primarily fished hoochies and cripplures behind a sling blade and never had a lack of action. Looks like the koke fishing is continuing to improve everyday!!! Get out there! O, and the crawdads kept us up way too late on more than one night!!! Plenty to be had on both ponds!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	berry kokes.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	9711   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Berrykoke.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	9712   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gorgekokes.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	9713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koke.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	9714  
    Mack's Pro Staff

Nicely done Cody, I haven't seen much action at the Gorge however I've been hitting Strawberry nearly on a regular basis this summer. I fish during the week so I can avoid the crowds. I'm seeing some good numbers of kokes thru the cutty battle field and some good size. Most of the fights have been phenomenal, even a couple cutts had me thinking I hooked into one of those silver bullets.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Default The Gorge

I'll be at the Gorge later today and will be hosting some friends from Texas (annual event) for a few days. I'm hearing some good reports from others, so we're looking forward to a very successful adventure. We'll be staying at the Villa Inn and have a slip rented for the boat at Lucerne. Yee Haa! Life is good!

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

[QUOTE=dubob;64373]I'll be at the Gorge later today and will be hosting some friends from Texas (annual event) for a few days. [/QUOTE

Have fun, will be looking fwd to your success. My route has been taking me to Strawberry mostly, have a date set this week also.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Default Report

The weather was good all week in the mornings; not so much in the afternoons - normal. We caught kokanee, rainbow trout, cutthroat trout, and lake trout. Most of the fish came from 35 feet of water. A few were caught as deep as 60 feet. A couple of the trout came off the surface. The Texas folks left happy and are looking forward to next year. I'm heading back over on the 22nd of July for a couple more days of fishing with a friend. Our kokanee ranged anywhere from 14 to 18 inches in length and the heaviest came in at 2 lbs, 5 ozs. Life is good.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Bob, we arrived on 10th and had a slip two down from you (saw the flag on your boat). Never worked out so we could say hi.

You should have left a note on my windshield.