Thread: And Buckboard reports?

Default And Buckboard reports?

Pipeline and south has been fishing for numbers but looks like another summer of dinkfest down here. I’m interested to hear what’s happening up north.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

As far as I’m concerned it’s been a dinkfest up here too. I had to’ve put 100 kokanee in the boat so far this year and have caught exactly one fish over 3 lbs....and barely! He was 3.02 and his running mate on the next pass was 2.7. Heck I haven’t even caught another fish over 2.9.

I have only fished FG 2 times this year the first time (it was way early) we were over 1/2 way up north from the pipe line
    we did not catch any under 14" most were 16 to 22"

then the last time we did get the dinks. was 4 of us fishing I think the law says you can take 12 kokes home from Wy. and 12 from Utah in two days.
    we were fishing for big lakers on the Utah side it was slow. we still needed some kokes from the Utah side so we could take are 24 home,
    I saw two schools we stopped fishing for lakers and started after the kokes we pulled 5 big kokes out of there that was 3 to 3.8 lbs
    that is hard to believe for the Utah side. I think if you luck out and stop in the right spot you can find some big kokanee.

last year I did not want to fish FG because of all the dinks I was catching, and Strawberry was so good.

Seems like a lot of confusion on possession for the guys fishing both sides with guys trying to double their possession because of 2 licenses. One would think the F&G would do a better job explaining how the licenses only allow you to fish in both states but only have the maximum possession limit for the state you are currently in.
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Quote Originally Posted by MMDON View Post
    Seems like a lot of confusion on possession for the guys fishing both sides with guys trying to double their possession because of 2 licenses.
    Boy, you got that right.

It's not rocket science. Having the required license/stamp from both UT & WY allows you to legally fish in both states. You are only allowed to have ONE daily limit per day (4 trout not to include more than 3 kokanee) regardless of where they were caught. If you are visiting the Gorge (camping or modelling), and are staying in WY, then your daily limit is ALSO your possession limit. If, on the other hand, you are staying in Utah, then your possession limit is TWO daily limits (8 trout not to include more than 6 kokanee). See; not rocket science.

I also know for certain that there are plenty of folks that pay absolutely NO attention to possession limits. Shocking - I know.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

you guys making fun of me, if your are I'm to old to see it

Flaming Gorge Reservoir,
    permit requirements.
    • Limit 4 trout or kokanee salmon (a combined total),

excluding lake trout, and no
    more than 3 may be kokanee salmon.
    • Limit 12 lake trout/mackinaw, only 1
    may exceed 28 inches.

Reminder: Even if you are licensed in both states, you may only take one daily limit
    each day.

Possession limit changes at Strawberry
    and Flaming Gorge reservoirs: Starting
    in 2019, you may have up to two daily limits
    in your possession when fishing for multiple
    consecutive days at Strawberry Reservoir or
    Flaming Gorge Reservoir.

Using corn as bait: Corn is now a legal bait