Thread: Strawberry

Default Strawberry

We fished Strawberry looking for the bigger kokes today with no success. My friends grandson had a great time bringing a couple limits of under 15" cutts. to the boat. I noticed it didn't mater on color whatever rod was 25' down was bringing in a small cutts. We did manage to bring on 16" koke to the boat. Our efforts were all north of the marina away from the crowds.

I was there on June 5 which turned out to be the slow day after talking to several others at the ramp. I boated 2 kokes lost 2 at the back and boated 4 slot cutts with a few hit & misses along the way. The day started out gorgeous but by noon the wind came on and I was off the lake. My day was fulfilling.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

i fished the strawberry side today an boated 5 nice kokes with one pushing 3lbs , and missed a bigger one at the net . so things are picking up but the weather has really raised hell with any kind of fishing pattern