Thread: Soldier Creek 6-5-19

Default Soldier Creek 6-5-19

Took the boat out for first time, We launched at 9.30, not many boats on the water. Trolled between dam and opening to the channel,we caught 5 Kokes 2 cutthroats. Kokes between 13-17 inches, we found the Kokes at 25 ft. Color was white squid, we left at 2pm. Talked to two other boats when leaving both said they had very slow days. Still a good first trip on the Berry
    1998 Lund Tyee 150 merc 9.9 kicker, 2006 expedition 2016 F150 sport

Sounds like a positive break in trip. Nothing broke and you caught fish, perfect day!
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

We will be up there on Sunday. We cant decide on what side to fish Strawberry or Soldier.

fish solider creek for numbers strawberry for larger fish ,but things are not normal up there at all this year due to the weather , we boated 5 nice kokes today on strawberry

Be careful if you travel thru the narrows as there is a lot of debris and large logs, some partially submerged. There were also some on the Soldier Creek side. Strawberry side had quite a bit of weed.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

yes i am glad you mentioned all the crap in the water in the narrow and at s/c .i was dodging stuff like crazy and still picked up a branch on my out drive . i also snagged a 20 foot pine tree that was floating around .

Went thru the narrows again yesterday and that debris doesn't seem to want to disappear.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

i am shocked how much is there right now , how did you do up there? i heard from a couple of friends it was real slow .

It was slow but no skunk, fished Strawberry side most of am. Talked to some at ramp as some did good while others did not so good. The water was stained a little but not enough to deter fishing. I came off of lake with 1 descent koke but no matter what I switched up to the cutts wanted to play and they were in the slot. Soldier Creek side had a few trollers but not sure if anyone did any good. It should start picking up again. BTW, there is a lot of salad floating on the Berry side in areas, that didn't seem to change much in the 2 days a week apart I was there. One thing that is consistent is the wind, by noon it started it up.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel