Thread: I’ll add!

Default I’ll add!

I hate when forums are slow and couldn’t believe how dormant this place was early season so I hadn’t checked back. Good to see some chatter!! I’ve been out 3 times. Day 1 was a learning day on May 6th out with a buddy. Finally filled two limits of fish between 11 and 12 o’clock before getting blown off the lake.

I went back out the next day and ended with 9 before getting blown off at 11. One was 3.02 and one that was 2.7.

Went out again Sunday June 2nd and they were on fire. Constant action but no giant fish. The best one was 2.55. I won’t say how many we boated for fear of getting ridiculed, even though they were released in the water at the boat side, or quickly unhooked in the rubber net. With the cooler water temps they’ve released really well.

Default Was out last weekend too

Did a solo trip and didn't get a lot of time in chasing kokes. Limited out by 9 with two being fatsos, the third was a dink hooked in the gills. Went back out later chasing laker pups as requested by F&G. I have never had problems catching kokes at the Gorge, but pups never seem to like what I have to offer. Any hints or suggestions??? Sunday I caught two more really nice kokes, then called it a day and made the five hour drive home. A good weekend. Saw a lot of large groups at the cleaning station who did well with mixed sizes. Fishing was good.

If you want to stay with your kokanee presentation you can. I drop it down to the bottom of where I was catching Kokanee and a touch lower. This last weekend would’ve been 35-45 feet. The most important thing is to slow down. 1.1-1.4 seem to be better speeds for pups. I will also usually put a rapala on instead of having every rod set up with dodgers and squids. Same speed and same depth.

Default speed?

How fast do you guys usually troll for kokes? I've always been told you want to go slower for kokes.

1.7- 2.0 has always worked well for me

Quote Originally Posted by kamartin68 View Post
    How fast do you guys usually troll for kokes? I've always been told you want to go slower for kokes.
    Same as what the old guy above said :)

Faster for kokes, slower for Macks.

I now know why I have no sucess on the pups. I was trolling way to fast.

What has worked for me to catch pups is a small jointed Rapala trolled sort of slow.

Quote Originally Posted by kamartin68 View Post
    speed depends on what kind of lures are dodgers you are using
    If I'm using spoons are J plugs for the laker pups I will troll faster
    I have iTroll Precision Throttle Controller with Hunt Mode
    for Koke at FG will set speed to change ever min. from 1.2 up to 2 MPH
    for pups 1.5 to 2.2 mph

it looks like the laker pups are started to get thinned out not, seeing as many on the fish finder