Thread: Any reports from the gorge Koke fisherman

Hybrid View

Default Any reports from the gorge Koke fisherman

Anyone have updates. Ready to go.

Default Flaming Gorge 4-24-19

Bduck and I hit Flaming Gorge yesterday about 0630 am, we launched at Lucerne Marina . 20-25 vehicles in the parking lot when we got there , but we didn't see very many boats not sure where everyone was. Anyway we fished in front of the Pipeline for a couple of hours , we boated 3 nice Kokes about 1.5 lbs. each . Speed was 1.5 - 1.7 mph , water temp was 46 degrees . Kokes were about 25-35 ft. deep , Orange was my colors of choice , but there were not a lot of schools. We marked tons of fish but figured that they were mostly macks due to the size of the arches. Weather was perfect except for some clouds that played with the sun some , until around 11:30 or so when the Wind showed up.
    We left the pipeline area and tried Wild horse , kind of choppy but still fishable , didn't do very well there so we left and went over by the Ranch. We caught 1 more
    nice Kokanee , after about an hour we decide to leave the choppy water and go back to the pipeline but it too was getting pretty choppy so about 2pm we headed back to the Marina. We had a pretty good day to start off our Kokanee season , Looking forward to the next trip , Thank Roger for ride and and some great company.
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot

Good on you guys! if i would have known you two were going up, i could have called a few folks and got you the current scoop on where to fish and where to go.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

​Thanks Mark , I'll remember that next time.
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a decent early season trip. We will be there as soon as we get a weekend without the wind. I will post reports.

Good luck finding that weekend without wind
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.