Thread: Bingo Bugs?

Default Bingo Bugs?

A number of years ago I visited the Bingo Bug manufacturing facility up in far Northern CA. It wasn’t much more than a workbench in a barn. But we did go out and test the lures on Rainbow trout and found them to be as effective as our favorite lures. I came across a web site called Lucky Lure company and they are selling a number of different colors supposedly especially for Kokanee. Anyone tried them? I still have a little box of the ones we used for trolling for trout, was thinking of trying a few if anyone has had any good luck with them.

Looks kind of like a Flatfish, a streamer and an Apex had a baby.

Last edited by SuperD; 04-19-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

not sure how to download the picture. Sorry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bubble-gum-300x300.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	9626  

I've read the bingo bug and frisky fly do work for trout/kokanee ... been carrying them in my tackle box for around 10 years now but have yet to try one.

I guess if I had some I'd try them but wouldn't spend that much money to try one when I already have tackle that works.

When we used them for trout, the guide from Bingo Bugs just used a split shot or two a couple of feet in front of the bug. I might give them a shot this summer fishing for trout, maybe behind a dodger. But they don’t look like Kokanee winners to me.

So SuperD, what is your secret? I am a super newbie and am always looking for advice!

I think every body of water is similar but different when it comes to Kokanee. I make a lot of my own tackle but micro hootchies, hootchies and spinners are pretty universal. It is just the tackle whore in us that makes us buy all the other stuff hoping to have the next hottest lure out there. Truth be told, Kokanee are pretty stupid and can be caught on just about anything. Having the right color and strong confidence in your lures is the biggest key to success IMO. Pink, white, orange and purple make up 95% of my tackle bag. If you’ve scoured the tackle craft forum I’m sure you’ve seen a lot of good stuff but for starters, sites like RMT are a great place to start.