Thread: Xi5

Default Xi5

Anyone have a motorguide Xi5 hooked up with a Nema 2000 gateway kit? I am wondering if the cable from the trolling motor to the gateway backbone is special? Does it have to be the motorguide branded cable? I have already purchased it but it was expensive in comparison to the rest of the network system. Another question is does the transducer hook into the gateway kit or straight to the lowrance unit?

Quote Originally Posted by sakalmon View Post
    Anyone have a motorguide Xi5 hooked up with a Nema 2000 gateway kit? I am wondering if the cable from the trolling motor to the gateway backbone is special? Does it have to be the motorguide branded cable? I have already purchased it but it was expensive in comparison to the rest of the network system. Another question is does the transducer hook into the gateway kit or straight to the lowrance unit?
    This is over a year old but....Yes, the gateway kit is required and you "must" have the blue plug Lowrance unit. I run it to my HDS for steering/control via NEMA 2000 and then have an Elite 4 for the XI5.