Thread: Another Ca guy.

Default Another Ca guy.

I have not gave Kok's any attention since Folsom lake had them. 50 years? Found this forum just surfing. Some here I know from other forums . Others I will get to know. Mostly I am here to learn.
    Cal

Welcome Cal. My heart goes out to you trying to get back into the Koke game in California. I’m sure you know the lakes that have the best potential. I think probably Bullards for numbers and cross your fingers the Whiskeytown will be accessible.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

New Melones, Don Pedro, and Pardee all produced some kokes for me last year as a rookie. New Melones had 7 pound trout too

Several lakes in the area have Trout and Koks. I am trying to improve my odds of catching.

Default Kokanee

Hello Ca guy. Looking to get back in the game and my target is Bullards. Just wondering if you fished that lake? You said you fished Folsom years ago? What was the bait back then? Do you have a favorite set up? I live in Grass Valley So I have a lot of options to pick lakes. Just wanted to do a little home work before I spend money on tackle. Grego

Grego, the International Sport Show is at Cal Expo in January. There are some good Kokanee tackle vendors present and great resources to pick their brain.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk