Thread: Tube Flies

Default Tube Flies

So I am new too the tube fly scene, but I want to learn how to tie them. So I have a couple questions for you guys, what materials do I need to purchase to get a good start? What sizes/colors do you guys recommend, hooks, etc. I know the options are endless, just want to get a good start, then dive in with both feet, Damn Kokanee Bug
    Twanger

Have you checked out some of the tube fly threads on the tackle craft forum? There are some examples of our flies and some how to posts.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Thanks Dave, I will check that out and will post if i have any questions...

There are a few others but you'll just have to search through a bit. Here is one that I started way back.

https://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/...-Kokanee-Flies
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Are you finding that the hand tied tube flys are catching more fish? Any particular colors to try, besides pink?

I ask because a number of years ago I was an avid fly fisherman and spent hours tying my own flys. I was meticulous about following the guides exactly. My 14 year old daughter decided that this looked fun and she started copying my flys, except her creations came out unique. The humor here is that her flys caught a lot more fish and she had fisherpersons buying her flys whenever we went out. She even sold one for $20 once.