Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2019 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Wow nice!was it red. If not could it be one of the late spawning variety?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfishnfart View Post
    Wow nice!was it red. If not could it be one of the late spawning variety?
    it was still bright think it was late spawner Must not be very many in LP - the most I have caught this summer is three But all where the biggest fish ive ever caught Hope they take hold Heard some guys got five last week but dont know size

Default Current Reports

I'm heading to Anderson to spend a few days there this weekend. Anybody got any info on depth, colors, and speed.. I will spend 1 whole day just trying to target chinook. I have some brads, flatfish, and double jointed rapala's I will try at around 2.3 to 2.5 mph at various depths.

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslayer View Post
    I'm heading to Anderson to spend a few days there this weekend. Anybody got any info on depth, colors, and speed.. I will spend 1 whole day just trying to target chinook. I have some brads, flatfish, and double jointed rapala's I will try at around 2.3 to 2.5 mph at various depths.
    I've found the Brad's mini cut plug in black and stuffed with oil packed tuna to be a winner. Good luck, and give us a report. Mike

Default mini cut mix

[QUOTE=kodiak1;64629]I've found the Brad's mini cut plug in black and stuffed with oil packed tuna to be a winner. Good luck, and give us a report. Mike[/QUO

Try mixing in anise and shrimp to the tuna, worked for us a couple weeks ago...
    18 ft Red & Gray StarCraft w/ Merc 175 & 9.9 Kicker

Default Slow!

Solo fishing at Anderson Ranch today from 9:30AM ~ 4:30PM. There were few boats on the lake and I didn't see any action, fishing was slow. 1st fish caught was a 17" Chinook on the DR at 20' then I caught the other one about same size that I released both. Later I fish from 50' to 60 and caught 6 Kokanee. 2 - 17" male Kok really red and the other 4 were silver ( from 12" - 15").
    Kokabow dodger + talon squid spinner caught most the fish. Pink and orange color worked for me.
    DR 50' to 60', 1.5MPH
    There were many RV's already camped at Curlew sand beach. Look like people leave their RVs and boats in that area to save a camping spot for the Labor Day Holliday:)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Curlew_4762.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	419.3 KB 
ID:	9800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR-Kok_4766.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	417.4 KB 
ID:	9801   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR_Kok_4760.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	434.8 KB 
ID:	9802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chinook_4753.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	381.7 KB 
ID:	9803  
    Last edited by fish4kok; 08-30-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Thanks for the report fish4kok!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Default Anderson 9/1 - 9/2

Fished Saturday and Sunday. Tried 1/2 day for Kokes and didn't get a bite. Had one downrigger with stackers set for 20 and 40 and the other 30 and 50. Not a hit. Switched over to setup for Chinook and caught 1 15" and had two more hit but didn't hook up. Next day went after Chinook only. Caught a decent 17 to 18" and had two more hit and missed. I'm finally getting into the swing of finding them. I tried herring first day and had one hit but nothing else. Caught 1 on a Brad and the other on a blue Scatter Rap double jointed. Trolled 120 - 130ft at 2.1 to 2.3 mph.
    I definitely need to get some heavier downrigger balls so I'm not 10feet behind the boat. :)

Default Anderson Ranch

My wife and I headed up to Anderson Ranch yesterday (Sunday), hoping to take advantage of the last hot day of the summer. Hot but not too hot. :) Quite a few campers along the beach at Curlew but hardly any with fishing boats. Definitely more ski boats, wake-boarders, and jet-skiers than fishing boats. But they mostly did not interfere with the fishing. Only saw a few other boats actually fishing.

We fished from 10:30am to 3pm. Started out from the Curlew ramp and fished from there to Lime Cr, then down a ways through the narrows. Used various combinations but mostly used a Ford Fender with chartreuse spinner and a couple different dodgers with hoochies. In 2 hours, had only 1 bite, catching a small Chinook (at 45'). Marked fish at various depths from mid-teens to below a 100'. Fished all around those depths with no luck. Finally decided we needed a change of scenery so we motored down to Fall Cr. Started fishing the entrance to Fall Cr, (kinda that outside edge before actually entering the inlet). Within minutes had our first hit but no hookup. A couple minutes later, hooked up and had our first Kokanee in the boat. A nice 14-incher. During the next hour and a half, we had another 9 bites. Unfortunately we lost 6 of those, most of them on for a few seconds before throwing the hook. Did lose one of them at the boat (my bad on the poor netting attempt; DOH!). Did end up with 4 nice Kokes in the boat, all 13"-14". Most hits were on a pole we were long-lining (with 3oz weight) with the Ford fender and chartreuse spinner, probably at a depth around 35'. Downrigger line at 45' had quite a few hits too. It had a rainbow dodger with pink hoochie. So it seemed the 35' to 45' depth was the hot ticket. As always, another great day at Anderson.

KokaneeKevin
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kokes_Anderson.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	9816
    2004 Tracker Targa V16: beige w/ green trim and green canopy, 75hp 4-str Merc.

Thanks for the report Kevin! Ford Fenders, trolling weights and lead core all suffer the same fate of high loss numbers due to the inability to keep the fish fighting the rod and reel drag instead of the gear. Sounds like your persistence paid off! Appreciate your post!

Default Add a snubber

I still use weight, blades, and a spinner much of the time. Putting a snubber between the troll and the spinner has helped me keep more fish on the line. Although I do have a downrigger, I like to move my rod forward and backward to induce a bite. The change in motion is frequently productive. I don't know how to do that with a downrigger, so I still longline a lot with with the weight, etc. I admit the fish isn't as much fun to bring in, but I think I get more hits by giving the lure a change in speed.

Sound reasoning! This coming season Anderson will be my go to lake unless something improves at Lucky Peak. Hope to see you up there.

Default When does the season start?

Hey All, I'm completely new to Kokanee fishing. Can I head to Anderson Ranch and expect to catch anything this time of year?

Welcome !
    As nice as it is it would be a great trip no matter if not!
    The fish will be scattered and at various depths,but you can catch them at this time of year if you are prepared for the weather.
    A few years back a friend and I fished Anderson at least once every month thru the year. We caught fish every time we went. Some times not to many but some. Good luck!

Procure bloody tuna gel on a pink kokasquid

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789