Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    My wife and I was there from Mon 7/1/19 - Wed 7/3/19
    Mon. fish from noon til 7:30 boated 8 Kok, released 2 rainbow trout. Fish from 20 - 25' DR Vance dodger + pink squid and 1 long line pole 1.1.4 oz 80' line out Les Davis 3 blades + green/red WR + white corn. From Deer Creek to Curlew area.

Tues. In the morning (7:30AM - 11:30AM) boated 9 Kok. released 1 small kok and 1-16" rainbow. Same set up DR from 25-30'. After noon (4:00PM - 7:30) boated 2 big kok 1-19", 1-18" with Lur Jensen dodger + pink squids at 40' DR. Curlew area

Wednesday we fished from Deer Creek to Lime Creek boated only 1 Kok in 5 hrs (7:00AM - 12:00PM). After noon we went up to Little Wilson Creek trolled back to Wood Creek we boated 4 more Kok and quit @3:00PM. Long line pole 1.1/2 oz sinker Kokabow watermelon + Hot Devil Sun squid 80' line out, 2 fish caught on L-line pole but lost one close to the boat. DR 37' Vance green dodger + pink squid + white corn.

Total fish took home 24 Kok.
    any reports over the long four day weekend? might go tomorrow

We fished Friday and Saturday from 9am- 1pm. Fishing wasn’t as hot as earlier this year, but still managed 10-12 both days (not bad for 4 hours). The quality of fish are great, but did have a couple starting to turn. 25-35ft kokabow watermelon dodger, cut plug orange or pink seemed to produce best for us. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeet View Post
    We fished Friday and Saturday from 9am- 1pm. Fishing wasn’t as hot as earlier this year, but still managed 10-12 both days (not bad for 4 hours). The quality of fish are great, but did have a couple starting to turn. 25-35ft kokabow watermelon dodger, cut plug orange or pink seemed to produce best for us. Hope this helps.

Thanks that was about what it was producing when i was there over a week ago Same setup

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    Thanks that was about what it was producing when i was there over a week ago Same setup

Did get 12 yesterday No hogs 16 the largest Five has light meat None has any blush on them so dont know if light meat is due to ready to spawn or the other strain that is in there Caught most tacking back to dam from Fall Creek out in middle- would get one now and then - 25 ft, watermelon, and pink or orange spinner hootchie

Thank you to everyone for the updates. We are headed down on Saturday and will post results when we get home.

Did get 12 yesterday No hogs 16 the largest Five has light meat None has any blush on them so dont know if light meat is due to ready to spawn or the other strain that is in there Caught most tacking back to dam from Fall Creek out in middle- would get one now and then - 25 ft, watermelon, and pink or orange spinner hootchie
    You did better than us. We took home 7 Kok all orange meat with 2 of them are 18". Started to fish from 9:00am we caught 4 fish less than 50 minutes in Curlew, after 10:00 that they shutdown. We ran up to Fall creek and fish in varied depth we lost all 7 of them @ 45'. Later we came back to Lime creek and caught 3 more. Lure set up same as your.

The light color meat of the Kokanee info: https://idfg.idaho.gov/blog/2018/10/...d-kokanee-meat
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Quote Originally Posted by UncleLucas View Post
    Thank you to everyone for the updates. We are headed down on Saturday and will post results when we get home.
    Just got back and we managed to scratch 26. Weard year for finding any kind of pattern.. They are starting to get some color too..🐟🐟

Default Saturday 7/13/2019

We fished from 7am-5pm launching from the dam for a change. Had some bites and caught one near the snowman in the am. The bite picked up mid day in the large bay between powerlines and the narrows. We managed to keep 17 and threw back 6 or so in the 12" range. Nice average fish but no hogs. Pink and green were best performers at 30ft on the downrigger and longline with 2 oz weight and 88 ft out was good too.

We fished from 9:00AM to 6:30PM yesterday (Thurs.7/18). Boated 9 Kok with two are 18.5". Fishing was slow. Troll from Curlew to Wood Creek and back. Pink squid with dodger from DR 30 - 40' , long line pole 1.5 oz sinker + Forfender+ Kokabow Talon 100' line out (caught 2 on this pole). Will have friends come over for Kok BBQ tonight.

Default Saturday 7-20-19

We fished from 7 am to 430 pm launching at curlew. Started at the upper end and fished down to powerlines and back. We managed 18 kokes, 1 trout, and 1 smallmouth bass. 35 -40 ft on downrigger and longline with 3 oz weight and 55 ft out were both good. Green, orange and pink were all good at times but we never really settled on any one color. A great day on the lake with dad all in all. The fish are really starting to turn now.!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190720_162717.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	9742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190720_144010.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	9744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190720_154918.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	9743  

Default good fishing

We fished from 7 am to 430 pm launching at curlew. Started at the upper end and fished down to powerlines and back. We managed 18 kokes, 1 trout, and 1 smallmouth bass. 35 -40 ft on downrigger and longline with 3 oz weight and 55 ft out were both good. Green, orange and pink were all good at times but we never really settled on any one color. A great day on the lake with dad all in all. The fish are really starting to turn now.!
    Hey uncle lucas
    Good job, I am fairly new to this Kok fishing, was there on the 18th, trolled 14 hours for 5 fish, could not see any on the finder, tried everything, pulled at 30 to 40 on the DR but super slow, was doing everything you were but very few fish, could you tell us newbies what length of line you use between the dodger and the squid and what speed you go ??? and anything else you would be willing to share with us greenhorns

Thanks, Greg
    Good Outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Good Outfit View Post
    Hey uncle lucas
    Good job, I am fairly new to this Kok fishing, was there on the 18th, trolled 14 hours for 5 fish, could not see any on the finder, tried everything, pulled at 30 to 40 on the DR but super slow, was doing everything you were but very few fish, could you tell us newbies what length of line you use between the dodger and the squid and what speed you go ??? and anything else you would be willing to share with us greenhorns

Thanks, Greg
    Good Outfit
    Try adjusting the settings on your finder. It took me quite a while to figure mine out and if the setting aren't just right I won't see anything either. As far as leader length, some of mine are shorter and some longer 12-24 inches. It depends on the day. Most people use shoepeg corn with some sort of scent or plain works too. The sweet speed for me is always 1.3-1.5 mph. If you see a particular boat catching try talking to them. Most people are approachable and willing to help. Hope this helps and good luck!

Default Rigging

Try adjusting the settings on your finder. It took me quite a while to figure mine out and if the setting aren't just right I won't see anything either. As far as leader length, some of mine are shorter and some longer 12-24 inches. It depends on the day. Most people use shoepeg corn with some sort of scent or plain works too. The sweet speed for me is always 1.3-1.5 mph. If you see a particular boat catching try talking to them. Most people are approachable and willing to help. Hope this helps and good luck!
    Thanks for the reply, I have the finder set at 83 mhz which is where it has to be to see the elongated air bladders and the depth scale set at 100 feet and all summer long they have been showing up just fine until the 2nd week of July and then they started to disappear, I assumed they were getting fished out, could you tell me , that is if you know, as the season progresses and the fish get closer to spawning do they get more aggressive, I was wondering if as they get closer to spawn do we run shorter and shorter leaders making the lure more aggressive verses shorter lazy leaders, one boat on the lake told me that and other boats said no dont do that so just trying to see what direction i should go this time of year to entice a bite.

Thanks / Greg
    Good Outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Good Outfit View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I have the finder set at 83 mhz which is where it has to be to see the elongated air bladders and the depth scale set at 100 feet and all summer long they have been showing up just fine until the 2nd week of July and then they started to disappear, I assumed they were getting fished out, could you tell me , that is if you know, as the season progresses and the fish get closer to spawning do they get more aggressive, I was wondering if as they get closer to spawn do we run shorter and shorter leaders making the lure more aggressive verses shorter lazy leaders, one boat on the lake told me that and other boats said no dont do that so just trying to see what direction i should go this time of year to entice a bite.

Thanks / Greg
    Good Outfit
    I really don't have an answer for the leader length/time of year. I will say this year seems to have been off for me and seems like many others. It's been an inconsistent bite with preferred colors changing several times in one day. We marked fish all day on Saturday throughout the entire lake. I will fish a particular lure for maybe 30 mins and if no bites, change. Usually we can find something they like and many times it's just ONE lure combo. Hope this helps.

Thank's I appreciate your help

Default Kokanee tournament

Headed down in the am. Good luck to all participating in the tournament this weekend. A big thanks to Chris @kokaneetackle.com and fall creek resort for putting it on. Will post results when we get home.

Default July-25-2019

Fished today from 7:00AM 'til 3:30PM. Boated 8 Kok, Fish color are start turning now. DR from 30 ~ 45' with dodger and pink squid. Long line pole didn't have any hit at all.
    Good luck to all participating Kokanee tournament this weekend.

Name:	July-25-19_0786.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	9749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July-25-19_0785.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	430.0 KB 
ID:	9750  
    Last edited by fish4kok; 07-26-2019 at 12:14 AM. Reason: add photos

Default 7-26-19 --- 7-27-19

Fished friday from noon to 830. We ended up with 17 kokes and 1 trout. 30-45 ft deep and green was the best color. We participated in the tourney Saturday fishing from 7am to 1pm. We got 11 and turned in our best 6. 1st place was 14.9 pounds and 10th place was 11.4. Our 6 fish weight was 11.11lbs. Such a good time at Fall creek resort with everyone. 1st annual fall creek days was a blast and will definitely be going again next yeay!

Sounds like everyone had a great time at the tourney! Fish are turning quickly as well! Thanks for the report!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Flew in from WA state to check out the tournament with my son and family who live in the area. It was a great time even though we had a hard time boating some fish. Managed to weigh in with only five(picture is just from prior evening). Everyone attending was friendly and definitely something to look forward to again! Thank you Idaho Backcountry Vets for hosting along with all the sponsors and boaters helping raise money for a great cause!

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	9753   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	9754  
    Last edited by AquaKing; 07-29-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Default Slow but Caught some fish

Fished Anderson today from about 8 to 2:30. Five hits, four fish in the boat ... nice size ... right around 17 inches. Two of them were showing some color. The females were full of roe. Found the fish at 40 feet. Two on a silver and blue dodger with the pink hoochie and corn. Two on a "ford fender" set of flashers with the same hoochie. Spoke to another two genlemen who had boated 9 .. all nice sized fish.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190730_165917.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	9757
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by conservationist View Post
    Fished Anderson today from about 8 to 2:30. Five hits, four fish in the boat ... nice size ... right around 17 inches. Two of them were showing some color. The females were full of roe. Found the fish at 40 feet. Two on a silver and blue dodger with the pink hoochie and corn. Two on a "ford fender" set of flashers with the same hoochie. Spoke to another two genlemen who had boated 9 .. all nice sized fish.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190730_165917.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	9757
    Thanks for the report!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Default Anderson Ranch

Hey, Conservationist, that was me (KokaneeKevin) and my fishing buddy you ran into on Tues. I'll be sure to say Hi next time. :) I told you 9, but we actually ended up with 10 Kokes in the boat (forgot about the last one just before we headed in). All were between 16" and 18", and fat. Very nice! I had one (a personal best) at 18 1/2". Most had some red, but we had several that were all silver. It was a bit of a slow day, especially late morning. We started around 7:30, ended at 2pm. Started just off the Curlew ramp and caught 2 nice ones before 8am. Thought we were in for a big day. Then nothing for the next couple of hours, except for a couple of hit-and-runs. By Noon, we headed to Lime Creek and caught one there. Then we headed into the narrows and things finally started picking up. Caught the rest of our Kokes there (kind of the northern end of the narrows). We fished with 3 lines, one on a downrigger set between 40' and 50'. Two long lines, one with 4oz and one with 5oz weights. Although we mixed it up and fished between 20' and 70', all fish were caught between 40' and 50'. The rainbow dodger and pick hoochie was the best combo, but also caught several on ford fenders with an orange spinner on one and a pink hoochie on the other. We probably had a total of 20 hits. Lost 2 due to lines breaking (very unusual for us) and lost another one at the boat when it threw the hook at the last moment, just escaping the net. All in all, another great (and hot!) day at Anderson Ranch.

KokaneeKevin
    2004 Tracker Targa V16: beige w/ green trim and green canopy, 75hp 4-str Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Hoping for another good year at the lake. Dust off the rods as the fish and weather will be heating up soon.
    hear they are still catching at Anderson any bright ones ? maybe those late run fish ?

hear they are still catching at Anderson any bright ones ? maybe those late run fish ?
    did go LP yesterday slow a few dinks but did catch one 18" 2.39 lb kok

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast