Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Just got back from Anderson. We got there late in the evening Friday and fished a few hours. Caught 2 and lost 1. We fished Saturday from 630am-5pm. We got 23 in the boat and lost at least that many and had I can't even count how many takedowns that didn't hook up. We fished from curlew all the way down to fall creek. Most fish we caught were between the narrows and fall creek. Didnt get a bite below 10ft and pink/green were the best colors for us.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190427-WA0007.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	9633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190427-WA0005.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	9634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190427-WA0004.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	9635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190427-WA0001.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	9636  

Way to put to put them in the boat ! Thanks for the detailed report! From the looks of the pics the lake is near capacity?

Default Kok tourney

Any word on a kokanee tourney this year at anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz73 View Post
    Any word on a kokanee tourney this year at anderson
    I believe it's the 27th of July. Talk to Chris I believe it is at the kokanee tackle shop on Fairview.

We fished Anderson on Thursday evening for the last two hours of the day and caught 6. Friday the morning bite was ok around lime creek and the narrows. We got 8 there and ventured down toward fall creek during the day. It was very slow all day and we just caught a couple. We got back to lime creek area and the bite was red hot for the last hour, we managed to get 15 more the last hour of the day. We fished till 11am today and only got four and lost 3. Overall the bite was slow for us. We ended up with 35 kokes, released a few dinks and two chinook. Everything we caught was 10ft or less and there wasn't really any lure or combo that was hot. Water temp was around 55F and it seems like the lake level has stabalized.

Default Thanks UncleLucas

Quote Originally Posted by UncleLucas View Post
    We fished Anderson on Thursday evening for the last two hours of the day and caught 6. Friday the morning bite was ok around lime creek and the narrows. We got 8 there and ventured down toward fall creek during the day. It was very slow all day and we just caught a couple. We got back to lime creek area and the bite was red hot for the last hour, we managed to get 15 more the last hour of the day. We fished till 11am today and only got four and lost 3. Overall the bite was slow for us. We ended up with 35 kokes, released a few dinks and two chinook. Everything we caught was 10ft or less and there wasn't really any lure or combo that was hot. Water temp was around 55F and it seems like the lake level has stabalized.
    UncleLucas, thanks for good fishing report that you posted on 4/27. We were camp and fish there on Thurs 4/25 ~ 5/1/2019 also my brother and his wife came from Southern California on next day, they towed their own boat.
    We fished afternoon on Thurs 4/25 after 5.5 hrs without any hit then late evening we caught 5 (wife caught 4:)DR 5'. Long line pole 1/2oz sinker fordfender + WR green/orange
    Friday 4/26was slow, we caught only 2 kok, release a rainbow and ~14" Chinook. Brother and his wife caught only 1 trout. Their 70 HP Johnson boat motor VRO fuel pump failed to pump fuel to carburetor, so they troll around Curlew area with their 4hp honda.
    Sat 4/27 we caught 5 kok and brother caught 1 kok. It was slow for us.
    Sunday was windy, brother and I fished on my boat from 10:00AM ~ 7:00PM. trolled from Curlew to Fall Creek. We caught 14 Kok, mostly by Fall Creek. He lost 6 fish one after an other, the fishing pole that he fish was ocean fishing rod type..:-) You're right! We didn't fish more than 10' deep.
    The best day was on Mon 4/29 my wife and I boated 16KOK also brother and his wife caught 16 kok.
    Last 2 days, fish was slow we caught only 9 Kok and they caught 8.

We caught many Kok with lighter colored meat.
    It was cold and windy while we camped there but we really had a good time. The place is so pretty and peaceful. Some other morning the weather so calm and it was so beautiful. We gave them some fish to take home.

'92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Kokanee

Fished Friday night-Sunday
    Caught a quick 5 in an hour on Friday, caught 35 on Saturday and 11 on Sunday
    All fish were still on the surface long lining no weight. They were very color specific throughout the day we would find a color they liked do really well for N hour than cold again till we found the next color. Used blue, green pink and orange squids and spinners. Fished from curlew to the narrows

Quote Originally Posted by Attk64 View Post
    All fish were still on the surface long lining no weight.
    How do you run long lines with no weight and get your gear under? I’ve been trying but mine always surface and splash. I don’t run Kokabow though and have heard they are heavy enough to stay under. Do I need to let more line out?

Default Line distance

Been running 100-115 ft and I am using Kokabow products almost exclusively

Quote Originally Posted by Attk64 View Post
    Been running 100-115 ft and I am using Kokabow products almost exclusively
    85-105 was working for us today

I don’t use Kokabow gear. So have to add weight or find heavier Dodgers.

I use a small three bladed troll and spinner that I make, let out 100 ft of line, and catch fish near the surface. I troll at about 1.5 mph according to my plotter. I have never had problems with my troll coming up and splashing. What kind of blade are you using? I have done the same thing with a dodger.

Was running Paulina Peak and Gull’s Customs sling blade dodgers. I didn’t think about using a 3 blade. Would be heavier and makes sense. Thank you!

Default Fishing’s still good

Bagged another 25 today some really nice 19” sized fish. Still catching on the surface but by mid day the DR at 7-10ft produced more. Blue and pinks did it today.

Default Pine bridge project status?

Hi,

I'm hoping to head up to Anderson Ranch next week, and was wondering if they ever finished the bridge project near Pine so you can drive around that end of the lake?

Thanks- Bob
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Default Slow day

Fished yesterday from 8-5, Fall Creek area. Had a few hits and misses and lost a few at the boat. Only boated a trout, a pike minnow, a chinook, and two kokes. Then get home and look at Facebook and see someone with 100 on the dock, same day

Quote Originally Posted by JagerR View Post
    Fished yesterday from 8-5, Fall Creek area. Had a few hits and misses and lost a few at the boat. Only boated a trout, a pike minnow, a chinook, and two kokes. Then get home and look at Facebook and see someone with 100 on the dock, same day
    I would ? that also I was there monday with same success as you - talked to some guys - there on sunday for twelve and went back monday for 1/2 that all caught at daylight - I glassed a lot of boats and saw very few caught - there a date on pix ??

G3, in their post they said it was yesterday, but these guys continently put up these numbers and post it everywhere. I don't get it, I have not figured out the secret yet. I talked to a few boats yesterday as well, they only had a few in the cooler, I seen very few nets hit the water all day.

Default Recent #s

G3 and Jagger, just got to keep at it and try different things. I have been helped on a few things that I think lead to better #s from Kokabow pro staff and good info from Chris at Kokanee Tackle. We fished last Sunday and landed another 19 by 1. I was fishing at daylight (6:20) and was the only boat in the water. Had the first 7 fish by 7:30 then other boats started to show up but it was slower. Was trolling at 1.3 most the early morning with little success then sped up to 1.6-1.7 and started picking up fish during turns on my outside poles so presumably they were going faster. Don’t doubt the pics I know several guys that will go out and fill limits all the time while I’m out the same day and have half the success. Hope this helps.

Attk, You're right, I defiantly need to put some verity in my fishing. Interesting about the speed, I've always tried to stay a 1-1.2. That will be something I will play with for sure. I appreciate you passing on some knowledge.

1.3-1.5 mph works best for me. When the wind picks up don't throw in the towel. Go up wind and fish back with the wind pushing you using a drift sock or 5 gallon bucket whatever. The heavy gusts and sudden speed change can bring on a savage bite after most people called it a day. It's almost comical to me to watch everyone leave when the fish are still biting good.

Quote Originally Posted by JagerR View Post
    Attk, You're right, I defiantly need to put some verity in my fishing. Interesting about the speed, I've always tried to stay a 1-1.2. That will be something I will play with for sure. I appreciate you passing on some knowledge.
    For me s turns do trigger strikes. I have my go too set ups and when fish aren't willing to play i throw everything at them and I always go back too my setups that have always produced. Have faith, it will work...

Default Long Day Fishing on Saturday

A little late but we caught 18 kokanee and 1 trout on Saturday with 6 rods. We were not able to get up there and fish till 9:30 am and didn't get off the water till 10:00 pm. We fished flashers with squids and pop gear with squids and spinners. Tried long lining it with dodgers but my dodgers must not be heavy enough by themselves since they kept coming to the surface.
    I do have a you tube channel (Hunt Fish Live Outdoors) that I'm trying to get started that I post to on occasion I showed one way I like to cook Kokanee. If you have time check it out https://youtu.be/L80RjRkDhWs

Default Speed

Quote Originally Posted by mowrus View Post
    For me s turns do trigger strikes. I have my go too set ups and when fish aren't willing to play i throw everything at them and I always go back too my setups that have always produced. Have faith, it will work...
    Isecond the notion of the go to setups. I have my favorites for all the places I fish. Don’t ever use a green/black WR on arrowrock at first light though... ;-)

My go to speed is 1.3 with s turns to start every day. Try to keep track of what the boat was doing when one of my outsid poles gets hit. If I get two on the outside of the turn then I speed up and vice versa on multiple hits on the inside of the turn. Once that happens I bump the speed a quarter mph and resume. You can dial in the preferred speed pretty quick in my opinion. When I get desperate I will start to stop the boat and lurch forward or just to speed bursts to try to get a bite. I have a buddy who swears by 2mph...I can’t bring myself to hot rod my boat like that...lol!

As for the one guy catching more than everybody else...I used to always feel I was boating more than the other boats. Maybe it was beginners luck though. I would fish lures right behind the downrigger ball and slam the fish. After several years of slaying the fish I upgraded the pump on my boat and went on a few years long dry spell where I was average at best. Finally started catching fish again with 40’+ of leader behind the downrigger as well as 200’ of line out on my long line poles. I got so desperate that I thought I would try some of that gypsy magic they call the black box. Tested my boat and I was putting off 1.5-2 volts out on my downrigger cables with the boat not even running.... First trip out with the thing I outfished the other boats on deadwood about 4:1 with two little kids reeling in the fish and we were all fishing the same schools. You don’t need to buy a black box because a volt meter will test the boat. Easy test and saves money on the black box if you don’t need it. If you put out 0.6 volts or less, it’s not the boat...LOL!

Getting back out on the water again soon after some more upgrades. Can’t wait to test the new downriggers, lowrance, and tr-1!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast