Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Arrowrock Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Default 2019 Arrowrock Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Hoping for a successful and fun filled year to the Arrowrock fishermen.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

I went yesterday.

Road was very bad. I regret going. I for sure put some wear on the trailer and boat, even driving super slow.

Fished 4 hours, caught 1 trout.

Thanks for the report. I was going to go later in the week....but I think I will wait for a while. I don't imagine that the weather will allow the road grater to do its thing for a while. I'm trying to remember when the guy showed up last year. Not a good sign that the Kokes were a no-show.

Pauli

I drove up yesterday morning just to check out the road and see how far up the launch was. The road was very rough in places. Good news was that the launch looked pretty clear of ice and snow.

typically the grader will roll threw early to mid april, to get it ready for turkey and bear hunters
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Default Slow for me

I fished arrowrock today for a few hours. Pretty slow for us. Only managed a couple Caught one koke that was really nice 17 inch at 35ft on red WR 1.2mph. Everything else was 12-14... Most the people I spoke to had similar results. Did see one guys land about 15 or so, not sure what he was doing different, but he was doing better than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeet View Post
    I fished arrowrock today for a few hours. Pretty slow for us. Only managed a couple Caught one koke that was really nice 17 inch at 35ft on red WR 1.2mph. Everything else was 12-14... Most the people I spoke to had similar results. Did see one guys land about 15 or so, not sure what he was doing different, but he was doing better than everyone else.
    how was the road?

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    how was the road?
    Not great, but I have seen it a lot worse. Only a couple really bad spots.

Default A few fish today

I longlined across from the ramp and towards the dam. 7 rainbow and 3 kokanee. I used a three bladed troll with a spinner. The downrigger with a hoochie didn't produce as well so I went to two longlines. I landed two doubles. I got off the water just before a "scattered shower" hit where I was catching fish. And now I am home and dry.

How was the road going in? I was going to go to Arrowrock this morning but decided at the last minute to fish at Lucky Peak. Big Mistake....... LP is going to be in a "rebuilding" year, much like last year. Next year things should be looking up.

Pauli

Default Road

I have seen it a lot worse, but there were some places where I really slowed down to keep from bouncing my boat. I wouldn't mind going back in but there are definitely some places where slow is the best approach. There are also some decent stretches so it's not all bad.

Fished today from around 8am to 3pm. Steady in the am between the dam and launch area. Mostly trout though. We ended up with 3 kokes and kept a few of the bigger trout. All fish were caught around 15-20ft on the down rigger with various colors, orange seeming to be the best as always. The fish were definitely smaller than at lucky peak and I've had better luck there in the past few weeks. Lots of boats and a beautiful day on the water. The road in wasn't terrible, but we launched at the first beach area and can't attest for the remainder of the drive in.

fished on Saturday and really got into the fish by the dam/launch area. Lots of boats, but we still managed to whack em. 8 kokes and 9 trout. Pink apex was the hot ticket at 20-25 feet. Most of the kokes were on the 25 foot downrigger. I think speed had a lot to do with it, only getting bites at 1.8 mph. any slower and the bite really died off. It seemed that we were pulling the net a lot more than others, and we seemed to be passing everyone. I think those that didn't do as good were just going too slow.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Hoping for a successful and fun filled year to the Arrowrock fishermen.
    thinking maybe Arrowrock this week any reports on fishing and road

I fished up there today. The road was good. I only fished for a few hours and we caught 1 14" rainbow.

Anyone know the current water temp and arrowrock? Im planning a camping weekend and curious how warm the water is. Thanks!

56 degrees water temp yesterday. Caught mostly trout and a few SM bass. One guy I passed by had a single Koker caught at 20 ft. When I went down to 20, all I brought up was a trout. Big one though. Never got him in, he broke free at boat; kind of a berserker.

Today at Arrowrock, 9-2
    Stumpy fat one, the rest are 15" - 16"
    Sling blade dodger, hand-made hoochies & wedding rings
    1.8 - 2.2 MPH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190601_165120.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	9668  

Thanks for the report! Good to see Arrow rock producing.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Today at Arrowrock, 9-2
    Stumpy fat one, the rest are 15" - 16"
    Sling blade dodger, hand-made hoochies & wedding rings
    1.8 - 2.2 MPH
    Nice!! Well done. ArrowRock is due for its upswing. Perhaps it's happening. I'm going to fish it on monday.

Pauli

Default Wednesday June 5th

Fished today from 7-330. We ended up with 6 kokes and 3 trout. We lost two kokes and let a TON of trout back for another day. Pink was good first off, then green all day. 20 ft in the morning going down to 35 during day. Fish caught all over the lake and very sporadic with kokanne just here and there. Biggest fish was a 19 inch toad and smallest was around 13. A beautiful day to fish but there was lots of debris on the lake. Water temp up to 75 when we left.

Name:	20190605_171837.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	9670  

Default 6-8-2019

Fished from 6am-1:30pm. There was a good bite before the sun hit the water, then it just quit. We caught 3 kokes and a bunch of trout that were released. Green was best color again. Fish caught from 5-35ft deep.

Name:	20190608_144137.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	9671  

Default Bumpy Arrow rock road.

Fished from 6 am to 11 am. Road was pretty lousy. But thats arrow rock... caught 2 pike's..... 5 trout. landed 1 koke. lost 6 fish at the boat. little windy at sunrise. then FLAT calm.
    BE CAREFUL!!!!!! LOTS of Large logs. twice as many smaller logs.
    Great day on the water.
    Caught most fish on Green, pink was a close second

Fished Arrowrock today from 0600 to about 1215. No Kokes for me today.... 5 trout and several pike minnows. Fished with Green, Orange and Pink Hoochies. Lost several at the boat...could be that one or two may have been a Koke. Longline and DR from 10 to 45 feet. Talked to a few other guys at the ramp and a few of them managed one or two Kokes by noon. Had one of the trout for dinner tonight. VERY orange meat. Delicious! They were all orange....more so than I've seen in a while. One of the guys was telling me that Fish and Game was at this reservoir taking samples. They are trying to figure out what happened to the Koke population. Apparently they were interested in the plankton....but I didn't see them, but I see from the Lucky Peak thread that they were also in the lower reservoir too. I hope they get this figured out. It's disappointing that Fish and Game is not more forthcoming about this situation. I haven't seen where they have even acknowledged that there is a problem with the Kokes in these two reservoirs.

Getting to be about time to head west and hunt for silvers. Going to be a monster run this time around.

Pauli

Default New Year Day 2020

Hoping for a successfully and fun filled year to the Arrowrock Kokanee Fishermen.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast