Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

I've never worried about that barometer crap. I've had some of my best fishing in the pouring rain, wind, lightning, etc... if the fish are biting, they're biting. Just my 2 cents.

Default June 5

Fished from about 8:30am 'til 1:00pm. Pretty day, had hoped for better fishing. Landed 4 kokanee (15 to 17 inches) lost 1.
    3 were caught on a long line probably not over 10 feet deep, pulling a Cousin Carl Moon Glow flasher and white hoochie.
    The other was caught at about 25 feet on a white Arrow Flash with a white hoochie. No luck on other colors.
    All were caught between Curlew and Lime creek.
    Good to get out!!!

Default 6/7/18

Seems that things are slowing down as we fished from 2-8 PM last night and only one small Koke. Other boats gave similar reports
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

Default Corrected date from last post 6/11/19

Slowing down....
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

Default Jun 11

Yep, fished Tues for 3.5 hours in the morning, got 8 in the boat. Was a 19.25 inch hog. Last 1.5 hour no bites. Not into changing lures and dodgers often. I just don't these fish collectively decide what color of lures will make them attack. O well try again next day off. Good luck all.

Default Yearly Trip to Anderson in the books

Hit Anderson Ranch Monday and tuesday. Monday was slow. Caught 3 in about 6 hours of fishing. Lost the same. One big one right at the boat. Couldnt figure out what they wanted. Could not get them to hit anything pink or white. Finally got them to hit a green squid. Tied some more that night and Tuesday was better. Fished for 4 hours in them morning and got 5 in the boat. Two of them were 19". Had two that were 14 that i dont know how long we drug around. The poles weren't even moving on the DR. After a half hour of nothing we reeled in to swap and there were fish on them. It was the hottest first thing in the am and then slowed after that. Used Kokabow dodgers. Watermelon and one that was yellow and orange. Also used a Christensen tackle green/silver dodger. Green squids with various colors of blades. Bloody Tuna and Kokanee special on gulp maggots. Kids had a great time. My wife has to remind me that we cant fish from 6 am til 10 Pm with the young kids... I am sure we would have caught more if we were out longer. Good luck to everyone out there!

Default 6 hrs - 10 Kok.

Fished yesterday from 10:00Am 'til 4:00PM, boated 10 good size & fat kok and lost about 8 fish, release 1 little kok. None rainbow or Chinook. Fished from Curlew to Wood creek. That was a beautiful day until the wind came up in the afternoon. Fish from 5' to 25' with DR. Long line pole about 75' line out 1.1/2 oz sinker Kokabow dodger + green squid, pink squid was good too.'

Temporary patched the gimbal bellow (seal) and no more water leak into the boat. I often raised the stern drive fully up when trolling. Some how in early Spring the driftwood stick get into the area and punctured a hole on the bellow when lowering the unit. Last Monday I took the boat to LP and that took me about 20 minutes to find the leak area. At home when I look all the bellows that could cause the leak and found the puncture on gimball bellow. I patched with bicycle cement and rubber patch and it works for now. I'll order the Mercruiser bellow kit and replaced in coming Fall. That will be a painfully job :)
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Happy Fathers day!

Took dad out yesterday. We fished from 630am-5pm. We caught fish from curlew down to the powerlines. Pink variants were the only thing working for us at 25ft deep. Pretty steady but slow bite all day. We ended up with 14 and lost probably twice that many. For some reason the fish just would not stay on the line. I lost 10 in a row before we got one in the boat! We did our best catching with the afternoon wind pushing us from the powerlines back to lime creek. Busy day on the water but overall a great day to spend with dad.

Fished yesterday evening 6/15 for almost 4 hours. Nothing for the first 1.5 hours. Then landed 1 on orange and nothing for almost another hour. Finally switched to green as mentioned above and had a steady bite in the 20-30' range. Ended up with 9 in the cooler and lost 3 or 4. Everything in the 13-15" range. I think these are a different age class of fish that we have been catching. A little smaller and almost half had the ligher colored meat. Another success at Anderson

Default Fished today for My Father's Day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190616_183807.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	9672
    Anderson was fairly good to me today. Fished from 7:30 am to 3:30pm, started off with green no bites at all, switched to pink hoochie with a watermelon dodger at 20ft, from 10:00 to 10:30 landed 4 nice 14 to 15 inch Kokes. Nothing again until about noon and then one 18' and one 16". Only lost one small one at the boat.
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

Default Are you launching from Curlew?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksdad View Post
    Fished yesterday evening 6/15 for almost 4 hours. Nothing for the first 1.5 hours. Then landed 1 on orange and nothing for almost another hour. Finally switched to green as mentioned above and had a steady bite in the 20-30' range. Ended up with 9 in the cooler and lost 3 or 4. Everything in the 13-15" range. I think these are a different age class of fish that we have been catching. A little smaller and almost half had the ligher colored meat. Another success at Anderson
    Have not fished Anderson and am tired of Cascade ( weeds )
    And Lucky Peak ( skunked ) I live in Eagle. I’m thinking 2
    HR Drive? Curfew the best launch?

Thanks
    Dealmkr

Quote Originally Posted by DEALMKR View Post
    Have not fished Anderson and am tired of Cascade ( weeds )
    And Lucky Peak ( skunked ) I live in Eagle. I’m thinking 2
    HR Drive? Curfew the best launch?

Thanks
    Dealmkr
    I have only launched from curlew one time, no complaints. It did cost 5 bucks for parking/day use though. Every other time i have launched by the dam/elk creek. It gets crazy there, and parking is limited which forces people to park on the dirt road.
    The dam would probably save you 30-40 minutes of driving. I have been going mid afternoon and have avoided most of the boat launch rush and have still done well with the kokes. Hope this helps. Good luck

Default Lighter colored meat

Quote Originally Posted by jacksdad View Post
    We kept 28 of the bigger ones the other day and 4 had the lighter colored meat. I had not seen this before. Have the lighter colored fish changed to a different forage base?

Quote Originally Posted by salmonster View Post
    We kept 28 of the bigger ones the other day and 4 had the lighter colored meat. I had not seen this before. Have the lighter colored fish changed to a different forage base?
    They are the late spawners they planted from the north..

Default Saturday 6-22-2019

Fished from 7am-6pm. We caught 21 and lost a handful. All in all pretty slow day for us. A random fish here and there all day. Orange was the winner with pink close second. 20-40 ft on downrigger and longline had best action with 2oz weight and 70ft line out. Caught fish from curlew all the way to the snowman and back. Beautiful day on the water and not too many boats surprisingly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190622_221226.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	9679   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190622_210757.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	9680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190622_132143.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	9681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190622_131930.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	9682  

My wife and I fished Anderson Ranch this morning from 0730 to 1200. Lots and lots of boats and very little fish seen caught. We didn't boat any Kokes....out of 30 or so boats we saw less than half a dozen boated. Tried everything in the tackle box and fished from 60 feet on the DR to 10 feet on a longline. Was an off day I suppose. At least the weather was awesome. Will try Arrowrock on Thursday.

Default Same Result

We had the same experience on Sunday .. Fished 7:30 to noon (when the wind blew us off the lake). Hooked one Koke at 50 feet .... and lost it 20 before the boat ... hooked on a silver and blue dodger with a pink wedding ring trailing. Saw only one fished boated from the 25+ boats on the water from Curlew down towards the power lines. Fished in the AM at 15 feet and tried every depth down to 55 feet when we gave up. Long ways to go to get skunked..... could of done that at Lucky Peak .
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Default Fishing on Tuesday 6/25

Sorry to hear the results from Pauli and Conservationist. I've been there - those days when the Kokanee win. I was there on Tuesday as well. Took a friend. It was his first Kokanee fishing trip. We had a pretty good day. Started at 8:30, stopped at 2pm. Brought home 18 nice-sized Kokes, most in the 16" - 17" range. Biggest was 17 1/2" so we didn't have any monsters, but they were certainly big enough and solid (most had the 'normal' color meat, but definitely had quite a few with the light orange meat). And only caught Kokes; no trout or Chinooks caught. Started at Curlew, fished across to Lyme Creek, then down the narrows a bit and then back to Curlew. We were catching fish all along the way, but they were mainly hitting in the area just beyond the brick retaining walls and before the Lyme Cr bay area. Had the downrigger set at 41' and caught 5 or 6 at that depth. Then long-lined (100 clicks out) with a couple poles using 1, 2, 3, and 4 oz weights. 1 and 4 oz had the most hits, but it seemed like we were catching fish between 10' and 40'. So we never locked into one depth in particular. Used pink and watermelon dodgers with pink hoochies and a ford fender with an orange spinner. Pretty well split on number of Kokes caught on each setup. Other colors were not working for us. What was working for us was our landing ratio to number of bites. After 4 hours, we had 16 bites and 16 fish landed (released 1 small one). Don't think I've ever landed 16 in a row before. Especially with a newbie in the boat. He handled the net superbly! Then we finally lost 2 and then landed a few more. By the time we stopped, we had 21 bites total, with 19 fish landed and 18 kept. Not a ton of bites, but we sure made the most of it. Again, a good day.
    On top of this, another friend of mine was there at the same time in his boat (with a buddy). They had a ton more bites (50+), managing to land 15 Kokes. Released one 17" Chinook. They were long-lining using 2 oz weights with pink dodgers and hoochies.

The ups and downs of Kokanee fishing. Crazy but still addicting and fun no matter what!

KokaneeKevin
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kokes 062519.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	9691
    2004 Tracker Targa V16: beige w/ green trim and green canopy, 75hp 4-str Merc.

Default 6-27-19---6-28-19

I would like to reiterate basically everything kokaneekevin had to say. We fish yesterday(thur) from 10am-8pm and ended up with 19. Then we fished today from 7am-12:30 and caught 18. A hot bite this am. We caught 7 fish in 30 minutes then it died way off. We caught fish from 20-55ft but most were in the 30-40ft range. Orange was best color today and black/white yesterday. Two highlights of the trip were this am we had all four poles go off and landed all of them. I also caught a nice koke with two hooks and 6 inches of leader in his mouth in the same area I had one break me off earlier. Almost certain it was the same fish. Revenge is SWEET! We did catch a few fish that were starting to turn already. All in all a great trip with beautiful weather and few wake boats.

Name:	20190627_214115.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	9701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190627_210334.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	9702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190627_194044.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	9703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190627_102249.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	9704  

Hey Uncle Lucas...

What are you guys doing with these large takes of fish. Do you freeze then?....maybe use a seal-a-meal?? I hear that some guys will can them...but I know nothing about that. You could smoke a load of them....but do they go into the freezer after they come out of the smoker? Some guys put the fish (or filets) in a tupperware filled with water and freeze the whole thing in a block of ice. How long will they stay good in the freezer??? Just curious.

Pauli

Two years ago we absolutely killed em up there and my parents helped me can a bunch. That will keep forever. I have got in the routine of fileting and smoking them. I eat some, share some and the vaccum seal and freeze the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleLucas View Post
    Two years ago we absolutely killed em up there and my parents helped me can a bunch. That will keep forever. I have got in the routine of fileting and smoking them. I eat some, share some and the vaccum seal and freeze the rest.

was at Anderson yesterday Bite was early over by 10am then slow but did get 13- no hogs, biggest was 18 in Had a newbie and still tweaking new down riggers Four boats ahead of us at dam, lot full and overflowing when we got back at 2 - going to be a zoo over the 4th - same - 20-40 ft , watermelon with pink or orange Kokabow spinner hootchies

Fished yesterday (Monday) and was more than slow. Fishing with both long lines and downriggers. Two fish in the morning. Talked to lots of other trollers, and several were still looking for their first fish, and only one had caught three. The two we caught were at 32 and 35 on the cable. Maybe the slowest day I have ever had at Anderson! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Fished yesterday (Monday) and was more than slow. Fishing with both long lines and downriggers. Two fish in the morning. Talked to lots of other trollers, and several were still looking for their first fish, and only one had caught three. The two we caught were at 32 and 35 on the cable. Maybe the slowest day I have ever had at Anderson! Mike

I was there yesterday also - It was tough, marked very few fish, thought my fish finder was broke , all the fish we caught didnt even show on sounder - did end up with 10, biggest 17in, most around 25 ft and a few on longline at 15ft. - Fall creek was dead, caught 5 there and got the others tacking back to dam out in the middle - lost around 10 ( get and goes and a few at the boat)
    see no blush on em yet - anything at Curlew / Lime creek area - saw lots of boats coming from there?

Default 3 days 24 Kok

My wife and I were there from Mon 7/1/19 - Wed 7/3/19
    Mon. fish from noon til 7:30 boated 8 Kok, released 2 rainbow trout. Fish from 20 - 25' DR Vance dodger + pink squid and 1 long line pole 1.1.4 oz 80' line out Les Davis 3 blades + green/red WR + white corn. From Deer Creek to Curlew area.

Tues. In the morning (7:30AM - 11:30AM) boated 9 Kok. released 1 small kok and 1-16" rainbow. Same set up DR from 25-30'. After noon (4:00PM - 7:30) boated 2 big kok 1-19", 1-18" with Lur Jensen dodger + pink squids at 40' DR. Curlew area

Wednesday we fished from Deer Creek to Lime Creek boated only 1 Kok in 5 hrs (7:00AM - 12:00PM). After noon we went up to Little Wilson Creek trolled back to Wood Creek we boated 4 more Kok and quit @3:00PM. Long line pole 1.1/2 oz sinker Kokabow watermelon + Hot Devil Sun squid 80' line out, 2 fish caught on L-line pole but lost one close to the boat. DR 37' Vance green dodger + pink squid + white corn.

Total fish took home 24 Kok.

Name:	19inch-Kok_0736.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	260.4 KB 
ID:	9720   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-fish_0750.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	310.5 KB 
ID:	9721  
    Last edited by fish4kok; 08-28-2019 at 07:46 PM. Reason: add photos
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast