Thread: 2019 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Hybrid View

Default 2019 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Hoping for another good year at the lake. Dust off the rods as the fish and weather will be heating up soon.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Soon as the conditions are good to launch, I'm in. I can't wait, I'm hoping we get a full tank again this year. Seems like the water level is way off from last year, and this dry weather is not helping much either.

Default Water level

I think Anderson will be late this year due to run off and murky water conditions early. There is a bunch of snow down low and and there will be high water early this year. I think the best fishing will be in the fall creek area early if it is not muddy

Quote Originally Posted by JagerR View Post
    Soon as the conditions are good to launch, I'm in. I can't wait, I'm hoping we get a full tank again this year. Seems like the water level is way off from last year, and this dry weather is not helping much either.
    You are correct regarding the amount of water in the reservoir last year vs. now - check it out: https://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/wyg...daily=and%20af

And there is a lot of snow in the high country now. Most of the Boise Basin is well above 100% of normal (except Trinity Mtn. notably) https://wcc.sc.egov.usda.gov/reports...+Update+Report

Plus a lot of precip. is predicted for the end of Feb., beginning of Mar. http://wxmaps.org/outlooks.php Select precip. as the "parameter" in that little drop down menue.

Looks like I spoke too soon on the weather, pollackoke that is some serious data. Looks like we are going to get the water, I just dont like it muddy. I'm ready to see how big those chinook got over the winter.

Default Chinook

I fished for chinook until the first part of January at anderson--I would normally catch 6+ per trip--From early October on I caught over 50 I think--Almost all the fish were 6 to 15" I caught one 8.5 and a few around 3-4 pounds--I will start fishing for them again in March--It seems the 6 to 15" fish are very easy to catch and anything over 2 lbs is very few and hard to catch
    I fished 50 to 100 ft deep mostly in the Dam area and around Fall creek---Most of the fish were in good shape and fat--I didn't keep any other than the 8.5 pounder
    Last edited by rem40xb1; 02-25-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Dang you hammered them! I never targeted them, I would only pick them up fishing for kokanee. I only caught around 8 (all about 14-16inch), all around the power lines next to Fall cr. Not sure how to target them specifically, but I quit fishing at end of Aug when the spawn really hit and the bite stopped and to get my hunt on. Sounds like that was prime time.

Default ice

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Hoping for another good year at the lake. Dust off the rods as the fish and weather will be heating up soon.
    as of today there is still ice at the dam out about 100 yards

Default Anderson

There is ice at the dam in anderson or at curlew?

curlew was iced up when I drove by Wednesday and looked like it was gonna be that way for awhile yet. Between 4 and 5 feet of snow in spots after the rain. Roads were good though.

Default Elk Cr. boat launch 06Mar19

Fished the SFB yesterday, and made a quick stop on the way out, thought you guys you like to see what the dock looks like. looks like its going to be a while before we can launch. There is a good 2-4ft of snow in the way, and the ramp is still way out of the water.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3517.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	9585   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3518.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	9586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3519.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	9587   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3521.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	9588   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3524.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	9589  

Last edited by JagerR; 03-14-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Default Anderson

That answers my question about chinook fishing--It is going to be a while before I can launch--The river is going to run very high this year and make the fishing later--I thinking mid june before the kookanee fishing is real good--It is going to be very murky early around the curlew area
    Maybe middle of june before you can go to Deadwood

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    hear they are still catching at Anderson any bright ones ? maybe those late run fish ?

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    hear they are still catching at Anderson any bright ones ? maybe those late run fish ?
    did go LP yesterday slow a few dinks but did catch one 18" 2.39 lb kok

Wow nice!was it red. If not could it be one of the late spawning variety?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfishnfart View Post
    Wow nice!was it red. If not could it be one of the late spawning variety?
    it was still bright think it was late spawner Must not be very many in LP - the most I have caught this summer is three But all where the biggest fish ive ever caught Hope they take hold Heard some guys got five last week but dont know size

Default Current Reports

I'm heading to Anderson to spend a few days there this weekend. Anybody got any info on depth, colors, and speed.. I will spend 1 whole day just trying to target chinook. I have some brads, flatfish, and double jointed rapala's I will try at around 2.3 to 2.5 mph at various depths.