Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Default Ramps near pine open?

Are the ramps near pine accessible? If so has anyone fished the upper end? Making first trip of the year and bringing a first timer this weekend looking for best location for launch and schools.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Osu View Post
    Are the ramps near pine accessible? If so has anyone fished the upper end? Making first trip of the year and bringing a first timer this weekend looking for best location for launch and schools.

Thanks
    There were boats launching from Curlew Sunday. From what I saw out in front of the ramp, the ice is mostly broken into sheets. The narrow just downstream from Lime Creek and then the Fall Creek area is where I was marking the most fish and food.

Default Improved?

Was there last Friday. Very slow. A few at daybreak but nothing like the week before.

We fished Saturday from 7a-7p and ended up with 15 kokes and a handful of chinook and trout. 5 nice kokes around 18 inches and the rest were in the 13-14 inch range. Most fish we caught were 10ft of shallower. Blue was the most effective color for us. We also fished Sunday for a half day and it was very slow. We caught one koke and lost two others. The bonus was this very nice18inch trout. It made 5 good runs on me before we could land it. Super fun. I'm happy to report curlew is open and the docks are in place. However it seems like it will be a few more weeks before the water gets high enough to use the docks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190413_235540.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	314.1 KB 
ID:	9613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1780.jpeg 
Views:	175 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	9614   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1776.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	9615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1779.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	9616   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1774.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	9617  

Good job,! thanks for the report. We had a similar day Friday before last. Work and family commitments will keep me away for the month of April, so I will fish vicariously thru this site. Good luck to all!

Default What bait?

Thanks for the report, do you mind saying what type of bait. Spinner, hoochie, or lure? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UncleLucas View Post
    We fished Saturday from 7a-7p and ended up with 15 kokes and a handful of chinook and trout. 5 nice kokes around 18 inches and the rest were in the 13-14 inch range. Most fish we caught were 10ft of shallower. Blue was the most effective color for us. We also fished Sunday for a half day and it was very slow. We caught one koke and lost two others. The bonus was this very nice18inch trout. It made 5 good runs on me before we could land it. Super fun. I'm happy to report curlew is open and the docks are in place. However it seems like it will be a few more weeks before the water gets high enough to use the docks.
    Hey UncleLucas, very nice! Were they hitting in a particular area? My buddy and I were there on Sat too from 7:30 to 4. Covered pretty much the whole reservoir from the dam up to Curlew. Saw the most boats we've ever seen on Anderson. Maybe 60-80! Quite a few at Fall Creek. But didn't see very many going for a net though. In fact, I think our net was the busiest we saw. We caught plenty of trout and a few chinooks. But 0 Kokes - which I thought was very strange. We were fishing between the surface and 22' all day (no downriggers, just 0 to 3oz of lead). Used rainbow dodgers and ford fenders along with various colored hoochies and spinners, getting hits on all the combos. Again, just no Kokes. Bummer!

KokaneeKevin
    2004 Tracker Targa V16: beige w/ green trim and green canopy, 75hp 4-str Merc.

All the fish we caught from lime creek upstream were chinooks. We caught kokes from lime creek all the way down to fall creek with the majority of them being in that big bay area between. We even had a quadruple just east of the powerlines and landed all four! We caught lots of fish with nothing ever showing on the finder. Blue and silver kokabow Dodger with a blue/pink squid with a short leader was the hot one.

Default Saturday

We fished Saturday 4-13 from 8:15-3:00. We landed three Kokes and two chinook, lost two really nice Kokes near the net and had a few other release clips but missed the fish. Hooked the chinook at 25ft and the Kokanee at 45

Fished yesterday at Anderson Pretty dead Two koks and one nook Water coming up fast with lots of junk. Couldnt even fish the narrows. End of docks in the water at dam. Didnt see many nets out Water was a little murky at Fall Creek But was a beautiful day to be on the water

Default Docks at Curlew

Does anyone know if the docks are in the water at Curlew. I just bought a 19ft bayliner and would rather not have to try and beach a fiberglass boat by myself, the bow is not easy to get on as it is a cuddy cabin.
    Last edited by dwood; 04-19-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

Default Boat ramp elevations

Not sure of the accuracy at Anderson Ranch, but I use the same website for Lucky Peak and it is quite accurate there.

https://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/ram.../anderson.html

Quote Originally Posted by formulaben View Post
    Not sure of the accuracy at Anderson Ranch, but I use the same website for Lucky Peak and it is quite accurate there.

https://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/ram.../anderson.html
    It is great for the ramps, but the docks at Curlew are short so I am not sure the docks are in the water yet.
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

Default Anderson 4/19

Fished 4/19 from 7am to 2pm. Tried lots of different setups and they preferred a big wobbler with a lipped squid, and also got hits on a large watermelon dodger with lipped lure. They wanted something with lots of action and movement. Wish I had figured that out before noon. I might have brought home a few more fish

Default Docks at Curlew

Quote Originally Posted by dwood View Post
    Does anyone know if the docks are in the water at Curlew. I just bought a 19ft bayliner and would rather not have to try and beach a fiberglass boat by myself, the bow is not easy to get on as it is a cuddy cabin.
    Was there yesterday. The docks were in the water - barely. Maybe about 20-30’. Enough for 1 boat on either side.

Default Yesterday

Fished Friday from 9-3 landed 18 Kokanee and lost another 25 or so. Had a bunch of 18” era which proved to be difficult to convince to swim in my net. Had a lot of debris in the water but we seemed to catch a ton of fish around the debris. Had bites all day.

Default Saturday very slow.

Got to Anderson around 12, did not even get a bite, varied depths, lures, colors, and corn and still nothing. I was not marking very many and only marked one school. The new boat did work well with the trolling motor and downriggers mounted.

A big thanks to the gentlemen that assisted in loading the boat on the trailer, hand loading in high winds is a chore with this size of boat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190420_125237.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	9627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190420_125224.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	9628
    Last edited by dwood; 04-21-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Default Area and depth?

Quote Originally Posted by Attk64 View Post
    Fished Friday from 9-3 landed 18 Kokanee and lost another 25 or so. Had a bunch of 18” era which proved to be difficult to convince to swim in my net. Had a lot of debris in the water but we seemed to catch a ton of fish around the debris. Had bites all day.
    Any hints about which part of Anderson and depth?

Default The narrows

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    Fished yesterday at Anderson Pretty dead Two koks and one nook Water coming up fast with lots of junk. Couldnt even fish the narrows. End of docks in the water at dam. Didnt see many nets out Water was a little murky at Fall Creek But was a beautiful day to be on the water
    I will admit some ignorance. I have fished Anderson quite a bit, mostly from Curlew down reservoir, but don't know which region is referred to as "The Narrows." Can someone help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Physion View Post
    I will admit some ignorance. I have fished Anderson quite a bit, mostly from Curlew down reservoir, but don't know which region is referred to as "The Narrows." Can someone help me out?
    Going from Curlew towards the dam, past Lime Creek it gets narrow and then opens back up before the power lines. That’s the spot I call the narrows. Not sure if that’s where everyone else is referring to.

Default Trip on 4/22

I fished from Curlew to Lime Ck today. Great day on the water. But, only boated two kokanee, lost one, and broke a rod. Still, a good day. Beats working.

Default Depth

Quote Originally Posted by Physion View Post
    Any hints about which part of Anderson and depth?
    Fished near curlew and all fish were on the surface

Default Fall Creek

Anyone know if the Fall Creek ramp is usable yet?

Default Lake access

My wife and I are planning on heading out Saturday morning, but we had heard that their is a ton of debris and that someone we know was turned away from the lake due to this? It sounds weird to me that they would turn someone away but wanted to see if anyone has been up there in the last couple of days.

Thank You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yazz70 View Post
    My wife and I are planning on heading out Saturday morning, but we had heard that their is a ton of debris and that someone we know was turned away from the lake due to this? It sounds weird to me that they would turn someone away but wanted to see if anyone has been up there in the last couple of days.

Thank You!!!
    was there yesterday Curlew and dam had lots of boats in and out There is a lot of junk on water but fishable We bombed on koks saw very few nets out ones i saw in nets looked big WE threw whole tackle box at em

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast