Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 73 of 73

Thread: 2019 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

  1. #51

    Default

    Nice fish!

  2. #52

    Default

    Wow...2 footballs!! Nice!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Koke hunting early in the am

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Koke hunting near charcoal creek was fun
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190713_111221.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	9732  

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    Attachment 9731

    LP today only two but hogs. 18 in 2.50 and 2.35 lbs heaviest koks ive ever caught - they are the light meat ones that dont spawn till sept/oct ( i think ) fished 6.30 to 11 then the googins showed up in droves plus getting hot
    Nice size fish! Congrats!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

  6. #56

    Default

    LP yesterday two hits One big Koke Anderson tomorrow Any current reports on Anderson?

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    LP yesterday two hits One big Koke Anderson tomorrow Any current reports on Anderson?
    We fished Anderson last Sunday and although action was slower thank prior outings still not bad fishing, we got 14. We didnít find any large schools and fish were scattered from curlew to lime and up through the narrows. We tried fall creek for awhile but didnít find much there.

    Fish were mainly 25-40í deep.

    Let us know how you do as weíll be back on Anderson this weekend.
    2016 black and silver Lund Tyee with 150 hp Mercury

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper View Post
    We fished Anderson last Sunday and although action was slower thank prior outings still not bad fishing, we got 14. We didnít find any large schools and fish were scattered from curlew to lime and up through the narrows. We tried fall creek for awhile but didnít find much there.

    Fish were mainly 25-40í deep.

    Let us know how you do as weíll be back on Anderson this weekend.


    Did do Anderson yesterday. Real slow only boated two out of 10 hits. Everyone around fall creek did not do well ( that i talked to ) Did talk to boat that fished east of balls and said they had a cooler full - looks like that end would be better Dont know if full moon affects koks?

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    Did do Anderson yesterday. Real slow only boated two out of 10 hits. Everyone around fall creek did not do well ( that i talked to ) Did talk to boat that fished east of balls and said they had a cooler full - looks like that end would be better Dont know if full moon affects koks?
    Going to try LP tomorrow and try for a couple those big/late run guys Heaviest fish ive caught this year was LP Any current reports?

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    413

    Default Lucky Peak

    Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    Going to try LP tomorrow and try for a couple those big/late run guys Heaviest fish ive caught this year was LP Any current reports?
    Sure hope you do well. Very few people fishing it. You'd think they would be staging in the narrows area by now. However, with early and late fish now, who knows!? Waiting to hear your report. Thanks in advance. Mike

  11. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Sure hope you do well. Very few people fishing it. You'd think they would be staging in the narrows area by now. However, with early and late fish now, who knows!? Waiting to hear your report. Thanks in advance. Mike


    Report: five keepers these two are 2.60 and 2.94 lbsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	kok.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	9755

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    Report: five keepers these two are 2.60 and 2.94 lbsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	kok.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	9755
    Nice size Kok. Thanks G3 longliner.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Beautiful Kokes! Thanks for the report!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

  14. #64

    Default

    Nice fish!!! I could've used those on Saturday.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mackay, Id
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    Report: five keepers these two are 2.60 and 2.94 lbsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	kok.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	9755
    Wow....nice fish. Makes me wish I lived closer to LP again.

  16. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    Wow....nice fish. Makes me wish I lived closer to LP again.

    still some nice bright fish in LP this one 18 in yesterday Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	9765

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mackay, Id
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    still some nice bright fish in LP this one 18 in yesterday Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	9765
    Thatís a long way to drive for a couple of fish. I live about a mile below the Mackay reservoir.....quick, easy and not a lot of other boats. Fish not as big as that one, but the limit is higher.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    218

    Default Aug-01-2019 @ LP

    Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    still some nice bright fish in LP this one 18 in yesterday Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	9765
    Are you still longliner fishing or doing more with the DR?

    We fished LP today from 8:00 - 12:30 PM. Released 5 good size rainbow trout, couple trout has parasites on the skin . Boated 1-16" Kok and lost the other kok by the boat, it break the 12lbs leader. I got more action with the long line pole, 80' out 1.1/2oz sinker + ford fender + Kokabow Talon spinner. DR from 20 -45' but caught only 2 trout. Orange color was good for today.

    Smoke was thick from Arrowrock fire, it's clearer in the afternoon.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP-smoke-from-arrowrock-fire_4713.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	278.2 KB 
ID:	9768   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP-trout_0796.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	339.7 KB 
ID:	9769  
    Last edited by fish4kok; 08-01-2019 at 05:45 PM. Reason: add photos
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

  19. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Are you still longliner fishing or doing more with the DR?

    We fished LP today from 8:00 - 12:30 PM. Released 5 good size rainbow trout, couple trout has parasites on the skin . Boated 1-16" Kok and lost the other kok by the boat, it break the 12lbs leader. I got more action with the long line pole, 80' out 1.1/2oz sinker + ford fender + Kokabow Talon spinner. DR from 20 -45' but caught only 2 trout. Orange color was good for today.

    Smoke was thick from Arrowrock fire, it's clearer in the afternoon.

    Went to electric downriggers this spring Still longline center pole Have had better luck with DR Been catching these big guys at 25-30 ft on kokabow watermelon dodgers and different spinner hootchies pink or orange corn sprayed with garlic Bang has been the best at LP they are far and few but do have a couple better spots

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Caldwell
    Posts
    138

    Default LP today

    Launched at Turner because I called the Forest service and they said Springs Shores road was closed found out not so, any way was slow but managed three very nice sized fish caught some Rainbows that were covered in parasites looked nasty. 30 - 40 feet 1.75 Orange wiggle and purple squid were the most popular.

  21. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTM View Post
    Launched at Turner because I called the Forest service and they said Springs Shores road was closed found out not so, any way was slow but managed three very nice sized fish caught some Rainbows that were covered in parasites looked nasty. 30 - 40 feet 1.75 Orange wiggle and purple squid were the most popular.
    LP yesterday Just boating with grankids Saw some boats around gooseneck bay ANY BODY FIND ANY OF THOSE BIG GUYS?
    Cant believe Andersons not about done must be getting pink and soft - any reports from there? Hate for it to be over Had a good season with some of the biggest i have ever caught - Steelhead long way away ( if any )

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2

    Post

    It looks great. Kokanee Reservoir is not suitable for angling when the weather forecast around 25 MPH.

  23. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shafiq View Post
    It looks great. Kokanee Reservoir is not suitable for angling when the weather forecast around 25 MPH.
    anybody do LP this weekend thinking of one last try tomorrow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •