Thread: 2019 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Hybrid View

Default 2019 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

May you season be filled with limits of Kokanee and limited Jet Skiers at the end of you line.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Anyone been up lately..itching to get the boat out ?
    Any idea on ramp conditions at Spring Shores ?

Thanks
    Scott

Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

Hey Riverrunner,
    Talked to a guy who fished LP this week. Knows it as well as anyone. Three of them had one strike all day. Had the downriggers at every depth, plus longlining......nada. I've heard the trout are active at CJ, but chasing rumors there is akin to chasing them at Cascade!!! Seems to rarely pan out. I'm going to give Anderson a go for chinook in about a month; looking forward to that. Good luck wherever you go. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Hey Riverrunner,
    Talked to a guy who fished LP this week. Knows it as well as anyone. Three of them had one strike all day. Had the downriggers at every depth, plus longlining......nada. I've heard the trout are active at CJ, but chasing rumors there is akin to chasing them at Cascade!!! Seems to rarely pan out. I'm going to give Anderson a go for chinook in about a month; looking forward to that. Good luck wherever you go. Mike

OK...Thank You Mike
    Scott

Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

Hit LP today for a bit, water temp is 38 reservoir is very low it was slow got some rainbows and managed one large Koke. Marked allot of fish at 50 and 60 but all my fish came at 40’ running about 1.5 MPH.

I fished lucky peak 4 times in the past 8 days, trying to figure out where the fish were and what they were doing. I have been fishing all the regular spots, wasnt getting fish, or even marking that many fish. I fished the entire water column, from the surface to 60 feet on the downriggers.

In my 4 outings I caught a total of 2 kokanee, but getting a handful of trout each time I went. The kokanee by the way had a very light colored meat, and less fat content than the ones i have caught in LP prior years.

I dont know what has changed at LP, it seems like fishing is getting progressively worse.

On to the other lakes...

Default Lucky Peak launch

Are you launching at Turner or Spring Shores? Thank you.

I was launching at Spring Shores.....

Default One hit!!! No Fish!!!

Solo fishing today at LP and this is my first fishing trip of the year. Fish around Charcoal Creek and Pipeline Gulch then toward the Goose Neck Bay. There's one hit on the long line pole with 60' lineout, 11/2oz lead Ford Fender + Kokabow Talon. The DR didn't do any good, fish from 7' down to 40'. Little bit windy in the morning and die down about 1:00PM.

I asked few other fishermen and they didn't do good either.

Exciting time was after launching my boat with the help of the new KFF member from Twin Fall. We chat little bit...His new Mercury motor has problem with the fuel not flow to the motor...
    I started my boat up and went to park my truck. When I came back I heard the engine running with abnormal sound. When I step in the boat I saw water just over the carpet on the back. Dang!! I forgot to put the drain plug back in from last winterize. It was plastic screw in type plug. He's helping me again to load the boat on the trailer, I pull the boat out of the dock and by the time that I realized that I forgot to raise the out drive up. The skeg ground on the concrete few feet but didn't damage so bad. It's took almost 15' to drain water out.

He also found and fixed the fuel line kinked on his boat We both left the dock about 10:15AM...
    Thanks you for your help and I was glad to meet you.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default One hit!! One fish (rainbow)

First time fishing LP and I have to say the fishing wasn’t good but the fishermen I ran into were great! As @fish4kok said, the morning started of pretty eventful at the Turner dock. After fish4kok drained all the water out of his boat we both headed into the area he described. I was marking a few fish at 20’ and a bunch down around 80. I was trolling a green hootchie on one side and a pink one on the other. The only fish I picked up was a rainbow at 20’ on the pink hooch. I had one fish swim right next to my downrigger ball but wasn’t interested in what I had to offer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B1A10A1F-40C9-4CD5-8FBA-CBA8CF498742.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	9602
    Last edited by BrooksGoneWild; 03-22-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Default Quiet evening at LP

Daughter and I decided to wet a few lines tonight after the rain let up (getting spring fever). Tried many colors, lures and depths but ended up skunked. Water levelappears to be coming up. Color getting a tad cloudy and debris is starting to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    May you season be filled with limits of Kokanee and limited Jet Skiers at the end of you line.
    LP yesterday only two keepers but hogsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0787 (1).jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	9728

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    LP yesterday only two keepers but hogsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0787 (1).jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	9728

Name:	IMG_0790.JPG 
Views:	485 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	9731

LP today only two but hogs. 18 in 2.50 and 2.35 lbs heaviest koks ive ever caught - they are the light meat ones that dont spawn till sept/oct ( i think ) fished 6.30 to 11 then the googins showed up in droves plus getting hot

Nice fish!

Wow...2 footballs!! Nice!

Koke hunting early in the am

Name:	IMG_0790.JPG 
Views:	485 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	9731

LP today only two but hogs. 18 in 2.50 and 2.35 lbs heaviest koks ive ever caught - they are the light meat ones that dont spawn till sept/oct ( i think ) fished 6.30 to 11 then the googins showed up in droves plus getting hot
    Nice size fish! Congrats!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

LP yesterday two hits One big Koke Anderson tomorrow Any current reports on Anderson?

LP yesterday two hits One big Koke Anderson tomorrow Any current reports on Anderson?
    We fished Anderson last Sunday and although action was slower thank prior outings still not bad fishing, we got 14. We didn’t find any large schools and fish were scattered from curlew to lime and up through the narrows. We tried fall creek for awhile but didn’t find much there.

Fish were mainly 25-40’ deep.

Let us know how you do as we’ll be back on Anderson this weekend.
    2016 black and silver Lund Tyee with 150 hp Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper View Post
    We fished Anderson last Sunday and although action was slower thank prior outings still not bad fishing, we got 14. We didn’t find any large schools and fish were scattered from curlew to lime and up through the narrows. We tried fall creek for awhile but didn’t find much there.

Fish were mainly 25-40’ deep.

Let us know how you do as we’ll be back on Anderson this weekend.

Did do Anderson yesterday. Real slow only boated two out of 10 hits. Everyone around fall creek did not do well ( that i talked to ) Did talk to boat that fished east of balls and said they had a cooler full - looks like that end would be better Dont know if full moon affects koks?