Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Default 2019 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

May you season be filled with limits of Kokanee and limited Jet Skiers at the end of you line.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Anyone been up lately..itching to get the boat out ?
    Any idea on ramp conditions at Spring Shores ?

Thanks
    Scott

Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

Hey Riverrunner,
    Talked to a guy who fished LP this week. Knows it as well as anyone. Three of them had one strike all day. Had the downriggers at every depth, plus longlining......nada. I've heard the trout are active at CJ, but chasing rumors there is akin to chasing them at Cascade!!! Seems to rarely pan out. I'm going to give Anderson a go for chinook in about a month; looking forward to that. Good luck wherever you go. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Hey Riverrunner,
    Talked to a guy who fished LP this week. Knows it as well as anyone. Three of them had one strike all day. Had the downriggers at every depth, plus longlining......nada. I've heard the trout are active at CJ, but chasing rumors there is akin to chasing them at Cascade!!! Seems to rarely pan out. I'm going to give Anderson a go for chinook in about a month; looking forward to that. Good luck wherever you go. Mike

OK...Thank You Mike
    Scott

Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

Hit LP today for a bit, water temp is 38 reservoir is very low it was slow got some rainbows and managed one large Koke. Marked allot of fish at 50 and 60 but all my fish came at 40’ running about 1.5 MPH.

I fished lucky peak 4 times in the past 8 days, trying to figure out where the fish were and what they were doing. I have been fishing all the regular spots, wasnt getting fish, or even marking that many fish. I fished the entire water column, from the surface to 60 feet on the downriggers.

In my 4 outings I caught a total of 2 kokanee, but getting a handful of trout each time I went. The kokanee by the way had a very light colored meat, and less fat content than the ones i have caught in LP prior years.

I dont know what has changed at LP, it seems like fishing is getting progressively worse.

On to the other lakes...

Wink

I've been out on LP 3 short trips this last week and have been catching Kokanee and RB trout with one Chinook. I have been using pink, nickle, and watermelon flashers/dodgers with pink hootchies/wiggle hootchies, and various colors in the watermelon scheme. Fish seem to have been liking 1.0 mph from 10-25.' I have been around 90' to 100' back. In those 3 outings, landed 5 koks, 3 trout, 1 chinook, and 1 northern pikeminnow. For scented corn, using predator and kok special. Kokanee have been in the range of 12"-15." The largest was a 16.5" trout......Hope that gets someone going in the right direction.

Fished LP today from 9-430. We caught 5 kokes 13-15inches and 3 trout. Pretty consistent bite before noon around the cove where the fire was last year. Caught fish from 20 -40ft range and orange was the best color for us and pink close 2nd. All the action was before noon. When the wind quit blowing the bite turned off. On a side note the koke meat is definitely not as pink in years past, however it's still firm and taste great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190317_160500.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	9601  
    Last edited by UncleLucas; 03-17-2019 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Add pic

Default Lucky Peak launch

Are you launching at Turner or Spring Shores? Thank you.

I was launching at Spring Shores.....

Default One hit!!! No Fish!!!

Solo fishing today at LP and this is my first fishing trip of the year. Fish around Charcoal Creek and Pipeline Gulch then toward the Goose Neck Bay. There's one hit on the long line pole with 60' lineout, 11/2oz lead Ford Fender + Kokabow Talon. The DR didn't do any good, fish from 7' down to 40'. Little bit windy in the morning and die down about 1:00PM.

I asked few other fishermen and they didn't do good either.

Exciting time was after launching my boat with the help of the new KFF member from Twin Fall. We chat little bit...His new Mercury motor has problem with the fuel not flow to the motor...
    I started my boat up and went to park my truck. When I came back I heard the engine running with abnormal sound. When I step in the boat I saw water just over the carpet on the back. Dang!! I forgot to put the drain plug back in from last winterize. It was plastic screw in type plug. He's helping me again to load the boat on the trailer, I pull the boat out of the dock and by the time that I realized that I forgot to raise the out drive up. The skeg ground on the concrete few feet but didn't damage so bad. It's took almost 15' to drain water out.

He also found and fixed the fuel line kinked on his boat We both left the dock about 10:15AM...
    Thanks you for your help and I was glad to meet you.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default One hit!! One fish (rainbow)

First time fishing LP and I have to say the fishing wasn’t good but the fishermen I ran into were great! As @fish4kok said, the morning started of pretty eventful at the Turner dock. After fish4kok drained all the water out of his boat we both headed into the area he described. I was marking a few fish at 20’ and a bunch down around 80. I was trolling a green hootchie on one side and a pink one on the other. The only fish I picked up was a rainbow at 20’ on the pink hooch. I had one fish swim right next to my downrigger ball but wasn’t interested in what I had to offer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B1A10A1F-40C9-4CD5-8FBA-CBA8CF498742.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	9602
    Last edited by BrooksGoneWild; 03-22-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Default Quiet evening at LP

Daughter and I decided to wet a few lines tonight after the rain let up (getting spring fever). Tried many colors, lures and depths but ended up skunked. Water levelappears to be coming up. Color getting a tad cloudy and debris is starting to appear.

Default Good day

Fished LP sunday. Started first light and landed 8 koks and 3 rainbows. fished 10 to 20 ft on dr's and ran 2 long lines. I think every color in the box was used. The bite was totally over by 1:30 bit was a great and wet day

Default Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz73 View Post
    Fished LP sunday. Started first light and landed 8 koks and 3 rainbows. fished 10 to 20 ft on dr's and ran 2 long lines. I think every color in the box was used. The bite was totally over by 1:30 bit was a great and wet day
    Well done Rickz73. Hopefully my getting skunked was because I started late in the day (3:30 in the afternoon), but could be something else - I am still fairly new to Kok fishing.
    Appreciate the report.

Default What area

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz73 View Post
    Rick, Where were you fishing at? Also do you know if the docks are in the water at Turner?
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

Quote Originally Posted by dwood View Post
    Rick, Where were you fishing at? Also do you know if the docks are in the water at Turner?
    There is a dock open at Turner.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksGoneWild View Post
    There is a dock open at Turner.
    Thank you.
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

Default The (other) Dead Sea

I hit Lucky Peak from sunrise to about 1100 hrs today. Trolled from the silver pipe all the way down to Goose Neck bay.... more than halfway to the dam from Spring Shores. Then trolled from just north of the dam, all the way to the south past the dam, and back again. Then I shot across to Charcoal Creek back towards Spring shores. I got NADA...Zip...Zilch! One long line out fishing from between 20 feet to 10 feet. The other line was on a down rigger varying from 20 feet to 60 feet. I tried Wedding Rings and Hoochies in orange, green, pink, optic yellow..... along with various Kokabow blades....tipped with grubs and/or shoepeg corn. Very concerned with how few fish I actually marked. I ended up with only two quick bites. Was going to troll the area directly across Spring Shores but by that time I had about enough. There was only one other boat on the lake. He was trolling across from Spring Shores. When I left the lake he had it all to himself.

Water temp was 39 degrees, decent clarity and very little debris floating on top. Weather was nice....sun was in and out of the clouds and there was about a 7 knot breeze. Air temp was 38 degrees when I launched. I'm going to give the reservoir a few weeks before I try again.

Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by dwood View Post
    Only fished LP one other time but i think where i mainly fished was called charcoal bay. Not sure about any docks at turner

Default 13APR19

I forgot to post after a trial run at LP. Put in at Spring Shores, started on the north bank and marked plenty of fish, turned towards the campground and marked plenty of food and more fish. Fishing between 10 and 40 feet we caught 5 decent trout. Never did find the kokes. Really hoped this year would be different. Haven’t caught a Kokanee out of LP in 2 years personally.

Default Sat. 4-20

I fished Lucky Peak today from 8:45-13:00 and did not touch a fish. Surface temp was 54 deg. I was marking a few fish out in front of the marina but could not entice a bite. I used green, pink, yellow, orange, I used wedding rings, brads, hootchies, etc. The water seemed to be pretty low visibility and there was quite a bit of debris on the top. I fished from 5' to 55' from 1mph to 1.6mph. Sure was a great morning though! Anyone else have a clue, as I proved that I do not!

Default Happy Easter

We fished lp today from 630-1. We were the only boat on the lake all day. We Caught 6 trout and zero kokes before the wind blew us off. Fished from the dam up to gooseneck bay. Water is very murky and coming up fast. Note to self... don't go fishing on days when the wind is forecast at 25mph.

Name:	20190421_094421.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	9629   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190421_085755.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	9630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190421_074152.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	9631  

Default 4/23

Whoever hit my white ford ranger , you suck. A red truck pulling a lund was parked on the right side of me. There were only 4 trucks there and you still hit me.

Name:	IMAG3700.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	9637  
    team Zigzag

Default Still a bit slow

Happy Springtime All.
    We went up to Lucky Peak last Saturday. Trolled from the marina to Turner. The water is way better the closer to the dam you get. We started picking up trout at Gooseneck. We were pulling chrome and chrome/blue spoons. This isn't the norm for us but we were throwing everything at the kokanee and came up empty, The trout were nice and fat, 14" and 16" were the best. Hope the kokes wake up soon!
    Reel Therapy II 24' NW Jet Always out fished by my beautiful wife

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast