Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Quote Originally Posted by nepetbutler View Post
    Whoever hit my white ford ranger , you suck. A red truck pulling a lund was parked on the right side of me. There were only 4 trucks there and you still hit me.
    And I’ll bet the lowlife won’t be back there again soon for fear of being id’d. That’s considered hit and run.

Did he hit you with the truck or boat trailer? If trailer, bet he didn't even know he clipped you.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Did he hit you with the truck or boat trailer? If trailer, bet he didn't even know he clipped you.
    Sounds like the voice of experience

I barely clipped someone ( I mean barely) with my trailer once at the Pilot gas station in Mt Home, didnt even know I did it until I was in the Arby's drive through and the lady giving me my sandwich told me I did it. That gas station can be a cluster some times!

#kook
    #1A Plates
    #no sandwich for me

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    IT was a trailer hit. Got dent popped out by Dent Doctor. Amazingly
    team Zigzag

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    Sounds like the voice of experience
    Ya trailer hit
    team Zigzag

Default Lucky Peak going downhill

I have not posted in several years, mostly because it has been a horrible Kokanee experience at Lucky Peak. I can remember 3-4 yrs ago
    it was very seldom that anyone came home empty. Now I'm not suggesting I'm the best Kokanee Fisherman on the Lake, but I'm also
    not a beginner. Watching this Forum on Lucky Peak over the past several years and I can say with confidence 95% of the fisherman are
    struggling. I been to the local seminars and all that info is great, but not at LP. What has changed? Some say it's the food supply, others
    say it's the constant strong water flow almost all summer creating some whacky currents for the fish. I wonder if Fish & Game has noticed
    the reduced catch? So now I focus on Arrowrock & Anderson. which are still great Kokanee Lakes. Just a FYI, I spent 10days at Ririe last
    year in June, Wow, a beautiful Lake, Terrific Campground, and we had limits every day, what a pleasant surprise. If anyone has a educated
    guess on LP, we all would like to hear it.
    Tight Lines
    Kokanee Troller

Default Father’s Day No Fish

Launched at 7 and fished to 12 and not a bite. It was a beautiful
    Morning and enjoyed the scenery.

Default Zigzag

Trolled early Tuesday, landed a nice koke right in front of the boat ramp on a pink paulina and pink/silver slingblade.procure Kokanee scent soaked pink firecorn. 1.4 mph, 50 ft back, down 20 ft. I was so happy.then I cooked some sausage and caught 8 trout. I was cleaning fish in the live well, Landed another smaller koke. Going back wed am with some bacon.Team ZigZag

Default Zigzag

Lucky peak
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190615_081207.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	9673  

So much action today on pink kokabow. Almost had the whole lake to me.

Name:	20190619_090107.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	9674  

Default How many did you get in the boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzag View Post
    So much action today on pink kokabow. Almost had the whole lake to me.
    Myself I usually get skunked.

Just started using procure bloody tuna gel on pink fire corn. Got 2 mini kokes in front of boat ramp.the bigger ones were at the point straight across. Lost most of them. Gonna tye some #2 sickle hooks. Got blown off the lake bout 930.most bites at 8.kokes were actually pulling off scotty release. Can't go till Sunday. Got VIP to bogus fest.

Name:	20190619_081242.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	9675  

Talking 6-20-19

My wife, the kids, and I fished from 7-11am. We lost two big Kokanee at the boat and landed 5 trout.... we had a little netting issue with my 8 yr old.... Pink protroll and Green hootchie with bloody tuna were successful for us. I wish I could have been out earlier but getting the kids out of bed was a challenge!! I started out marking fish at 20'. The wind picked up and we left with some dinner for tonight! We caught all on bloody tuna scented corn...Thank you Zigzag for the scent recommendation! Not many boats out today.

Default Friday 6/28/19 3hrs 3 fish

Good day fishing in LP. My wife and I fish from 9:00AM ~ 12:00PM in the dam area. We boated 1-19" Chinook and 2 - 15" Kokanee. One double fish that was a Chinook and a rainbow. Released 2 rainbow ~ 15" and lost about 4 at the boat.
    Long line 1.1/4 oz sinker Ford fender + green & red wedding-ring + white corn.
    DR 15' to 22' dodger + pink squid. speed from 1.4 ~ 1.6 MPH

We saw the F&G boat pull fish net? from the dam passed Sheep creek area, later they paddle to move the boat slowly in that area. Hopefully we'll get some information about the fish population in LP. from IF&G department.

Name:	FG-Boat_4692.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	405.2 KB 
ID:	9698   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP-fish_0719.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	519.5 KB 
ID:	9699   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP-Chinook_4686.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	477.2 KB 
ID:	9700  
    Last edited by fish4kok; 06-28-2019 at 06:24 PM.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Sat June 29

Fished from 7am-noon. Landed 4 kokanee, the largest being 16". We also landed 6 trout and tossed back 1. Lost 1 kokanee at the boat which was a nice fish. Early we started out at 20' but did not do well until 10am-12 when we found a school of fish a the 45' to 55' range. I was set back 30' or so and Hot Orange was the color with Bloody Tuna corn scent on a hootchie. 1.4-1.6 MPH. Some of the trout were awesome to catch and had darker meat than the Kokanee. I decided to quit due to the pleasure boaters making the water less pleasurable to fish on. We had a blast and came home with another healthy dinner of Kokanee and Trout. This healthy dinner will be offset with whiskey neat and Budweiser!
    I do however, have a question for the pro's...........Are the parasites (if that is what they are) on the trout at LP at all dangerous? I'll send an e mail to F&G but I spoke with another gentleman who was throwing fish back due to the parasites. If you have caught a few trout there and not noticed the parasites, they are usually around the fin areas...... Anyway, hope all is well! Jason

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190629_134931.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	9708Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190629_134927.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	9709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190629_092826.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	9710

Default parasites

Fish and Game has already addressed this question, and will assure you that the parasites pose no problem whatsoever. Go ahead and enjoy them. Mike
    Last edited by kodiak1; 06-30-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks Idahosmitty and fish4koke for the detailed report. This information will be helpful to me , As I have not fished the peak this year. It is nice to have good info to get started. Good luck to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfishnfart View Post
    Thanks Idahosmitty and fish4koke for the detailed report. This information will be helpful to me , As I have not fished the peak this year. It is nice to have good info to get started. Good luck to all!
    Good Luck to you and let us know how it went!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfishnfart View Post
    Good luck if you go fishing in LP. That's our first fishing trip LP this year.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Skunked

Thought we'd give Lucky Peak one more try. Fished from 8 to noon after putting in at Spring Shores. Fished all around there without a nibble. Fished with down riggers set from 15 to 55 feet with just about everything in the tackle box. Trolled from 1.2 mph to 2.0 mph. Zigged and Zagged without success. Bummer. Miss the days of limits at LP. I thought we'd at least get a nice Rainbow.
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Team Zigzag nailed giant kokes at the point across from marina. Down 24. 1.4 mph. Pink squids w/ smiley blades/ 2/0 sickle hooks, anise soaked pink fire corn, procure bloody tuna. So much fun

Name:	1143.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	9722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1142.jpg 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	9723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190703_130908.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	9724  

Sad to see LP dragged down to a 4 fish per day Res. Hopefully they will figure our their planting schedule on big run off years if that is the problem. Otherwise, Kokanee plants are always a gamble where you can lose 70% of any year's fish plant with a simple bacterial infection. Interested in what they attribute this low yield to.
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    May you season be filled with limits of Kokanee and limited Jet Skiers at the end of you line.
    LP yesterday only two keepers but hogsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0787 (1).jpg 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	9728

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    LP yesterday only two keepers but hogsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0787 (1).jpg 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	9728
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0790.JPG 
Views:	484 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	9731

LP today only two but hogs. 18 in 2.50 and 2.35 lbs heaviest koks ive ever caught - they are the light meat ones that dont spawn till sept/oct ( i think ) fished 6.30 to 11 then the googins showed up in droves plus getting hot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast