Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Dworshak Reservoir Kokanee Report

Default 2019 Dworshak Reservoir Kokanee Report

Good Luck to all those fishing Dworshak this year.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Recent success

I've been hearing a few, small fish are being picked up on Dworshak. Anyone on here been up yet?
    Heard the fish are shallow around Merrys.

Default Dworshak

Heard a rumor of a guy catching 30 in canyon creek a few weeks ago. Pretty reliable source. Wish it would quit snowing so I could get my boat out.

Default Catching reports

With a few nice days last week, did anybody get out on Dworshak and catch any kokes?

Default Dworshak report

We went out Saturday the 16th great day of fishing. Got our limits in about 5 hours.

Default Tips

Hey Big Jim
    Where did you fish and what depth are you going?
    Thanks for the intel

Default Tips

Next bay below canyon creek where the dock is. Was running one with one ounce and one with two going out 30 to 40 feet. Going out again tomorrow I’ll let you know how we do.

Sounds good, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim1992 View Post
    Next bay below canyon creek where the dock is. Was running one with one ounce and one with two going out 30 to 40 feet. Going out again tomorrow I’ll let you know how we do.
    Thanks for the report, Jim.

Default Dworshak

Fished canyon creek most of the day today, pretty slow, probably should have moved around a bit more. We got 20 so not bad but not great.

Not a bad day at all BigJim. Are they decent size?

Default Size

They are right around 9 inches for the most part

Default Catching reports

Anybody get out this weekend?

Headed up Thursday. See whether I remember how it's done.

Rick
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Default Catching reports

We got out yesterday. Fished 5 hrs, 3 rods, close to Boat launch, caught 34. Tried no lead, 1 , 2 , and 4 oz . Made no difference. We had 30 minute stretches with no fish and then 3 on at once. 11 inches was the biggest but all nice and fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkchaser View Post
    We got out yesterday. Fished 5 hrs, 3 rods, close to Boat launch, caught 34. Tried no lead, 1 , 2 , and 4 oz . Made no difference. We had 30 minute stretches with no fish and then 3 on at once. 11 inches was the biggest but all nice and fat.
    Thanks for the report. Sounds like fun and I can't wait.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Elkchaser View Post
    We went yesterday. Took most of the day to find them but when we did we had two good hours. Put 9 in the cooler and lost more than that. Biggest were 11 inches, others were 9-10.

We were down 15-20 feet on the downriggers and out 50-75 feet with 1 ounce of lead on the long lines.

Fished last Sunday at canyon creek and it was slow for us so we moved to merry cove. We started catching fish around 10AM with 30-50 foot setbacks at various depth from 15-35 feet. Hooked and shook off a bunch and kept three for lunch. All were under 11". Most fish came on paulina peak lemonade and purple haze. I will be out Saturday the 6th in my big red design concepts with "moe" on the side. Say hello
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15420769_1104592646304935_1801181879027401368_n_1104592646304935.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	9611  
    Last edited by JasonMarquitte; 04-05-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMarquitte View Post
    Fished last Sunday at canyon creek and it was slow for us so we moved to merry cove. We started catching fish around 10AM with 30-50 foot setbacks at various depth from 15-35 feet. Hooked and shook off a bunch and kept three for lunch. All were under 11". Most fish came on paulina peak lemonade and purple haze. I will be out Saturday the 6th in my big red design concepts with "moe" on the side. Say hello
    Thanks for the report. I didn't do any good at all around the dam or up at Indian Creek yesterday. Just a couple. Nice fat fish, but I didn't see much more action around us. I must of forgotten how to fish...

Default Where's the Fish?

Fished all day today near the dam and didn't have a bump. WTH? Talked to at least 6 other boats that had the same results. I've never had a day like this. We tried every trick in the book. Two weeks ago we caught nearly 40 doing the exact same thing. Just been blueback fishing a couple a years, somebody tell me what's going on. Are they moving up already? Flushed over?

Default Where’s the fish

Heard that it was good fishing up around elk creek and dent roughly a week ago. Let’s hope that they already moved up a bit.

Default One small fish

My wife and I went up on Monday the 15th. The weather was nice and I was anticipating a good day of fishing. We launched at Big Eddy, and headed for Canyon Creek. I should have known something was amiss when I was the only boat trolling in Canyon Creek. I had 2 poles with jet divers and dodgers, and 2 poles with lead and homemade trolls. I had 4 different scents of corn to try. We got one fish on a #20 jet diver/dodger/superbait rig. I tried 1 ounce, 2 and 3 with the other rods and never had a bump. We also hit Indian Creek, nothing, and Mary's Bay, nothing. Better luck next time I guess.

We had similar results, two weeks ago we had a good day and Thursday we caught two. Water temperatures were the same both trips. On April 15 they began releasing 10,000 CFS (not a tremendous amount) through the dam which may have them off the bite. I used to think that water releases would not affect the fishing but I am starting to have second thoughts.

Default Water release

I agree on the water release killing the bite. Anybody had any better luck the last few days? Still can't believe how they just shut off like they did last week.

Hi folks, new guy here.

Tried dworshak for kokanee for the first time yesterday and got zero. Only had about four hours to spend on the water so we didn't make it very far up from Bruce's Eddy where we launched.

Tried several lures and five different scents of shoepeg corn. Depths between 5-30'

I know they are up there and I'll be trying again before too long.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast