Thread: New fishing toy

Default New fishing toy

I picked up a new toy on Friday. A 1979 Bee Craft 16ft with a Chrysler 55HP. I will probably still keep my little inflatable fold cat as it worked so well last year even having down riggers on it was a blast. The new boat still needs some work, one little nick from where the spontoon hit the trailer fender, new carpet and go through the motor. New plugs and impeller for the motor and oil change on the lower. I will pull and inspect the bearings on the trailer and should be ready to hit the water this spring. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190202_114037.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	9564I did not think it was to bad of a deal for $300, but did have to buy new tires for the trailer.
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

Looks like a great project. My first boat was a 16’er. One of my recommended modifications is to pull the back to back seats out and put in a couple of pedestals. Hope you have fun with it.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

If you have narrow gunnels and want to install downriggers, I have some mounting ideas for you too.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk