Thread: Kokanee in Payette Lakes Area?

Default Kokanee in Payette Lakes Area?

Any decent fishing in the McCall/Cascade Area? Trying to find something more local, thanks.

Default local area

I think Cascade is a better fishery than Payette. Payette used to have good kokanee, but that is long gone.

Cascade has rainbow, perch, bass, and a few kokanee. Horsethief, east of Cascade, had good rainbow and kokanee last summer. Warm Lake has both rainbow and kokanee but the kokanee are on the small side. Deadwood has the best kokanee fishing but it is about a two hour drive east of Cascade and the last half of the road can be very rough.

If you are into ice fishing try either Cascade or Horsethief.

You are welcome to send me a personal message for specific details.

Physion

Thanks, I have had a boat (Ski) atbthe marina on Payette for years but never saw many fish caught. In fact, have caught some nice trout using lures along the sides of the dock at dusk. Mackinaw fishing in a couple of spots, but in spite of the many boats trolling the lake, havent seen any fish caught. Have caught a few trout out of Cascade and Horsethief but they looked like planters. Will give deadwood a try in the spring, any camping spots up there?