Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dodgers

Since I enjoy collecting as much as I do fishing with different gear I've been on a major collecting spree for dodgers. To fill in my collection as it's been a few years since I once owned every dodger in the larger sizes of every major mfg in every color. Actually 2 or more of each. My collection is now back to being a pride and joy thing. My next investment may have to be a fork lift to get the dodger bag in and out of the boat! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019.6.20 Dodger Bag.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	9676Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019.6.20 B Dodger Bag.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	9677
    Each one of the Shimano Blue Binder Bags has 15 custom inserts that hold 8 to 12 dodgers per page. The fourth binder is for lake and gang trolls and such. Looking forward to taking some of the newer mfg's out for a swim. They are doing great with them in Idaho, Oregon and Washington!
    Last edited by MMDON; 06-21-2019 at 01:20 AM.
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Start getting them wet Don. That new finder installed yet?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Start getting them wet Don. That new finder installed yet?
    I couldn't get shop fabrication time until the 8th. Then they will mount the 2 new digitrols, the Lowrance HDS 12 Live and the Lowrance radio with NEMA link.
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Default Metal colors

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    Yes count me in, First we shorten are leaders to are hooks to create action to develope Action with a stiffer # test than are main line again action. Different dodgers,or wobbles create different action.Trying to match the hatch what the fsh like different dodger,vs wobbles. I thing there is a big difference. Color management for kokanee is a must, its an art weather you put fsh in the box or not. After many years of kokanee fshing and the lakes I fsh I have them dialed in. My go to wobbled are Arrow or Paulson Cascade. Second my colors solid gold, solid silver,solid copper, Color management tells you you get the most reflection on sunny days, overcast days, dark days with the color clarity of the water. Different dept some colors disappears some don't. I like a lot of silver on my tube flys I load up all my rods with 4 different combination and try to figure them out.
    As the manufacturer of these I can attest to the fact that virtually all of the guides who fish these prefer the same metals for colors as their go-tos---especially the gold plated variations. That said, as the day wears on many of them change over to pink or orange painted finishes. Same with many of the tournament anglers in the Pacific Northwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybersnow View Post
    Boise area there are several lakes where the Kokanee fishing is supposed to be great and down riggers are a must.
    I've fished Wa/Or/Id for Kokanee and have always done well (I think anyway) and have never used even a weight. Ultra Light setup with small flasher about 120-150' back at 1.2-1.6 mph. Hit 3 fatty Kokes and 2 nice rainbow at Lucky Peak Reservoir just yesterday morning. But, I've never fished past about 11 am either. I think Kokanee are shallow in low light areas, which would explain why I am able to catch them every time without 5 lbs of gear on a stiff rod. But I am no Professional either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200416_124432.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	9937   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200416_115206.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	9938  

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCaster View Post
    I've fished Wa/Or/Id for Kokanee and have always done well (I think anyway) and have never used even a weight. Ultra Light setup with small flasher about 120-150' back at 1.2-1.6 mph. Hit 3 fatty Kokes and 2 nice rainbow at Lucky Peak Reservoir just yesterday morning. But, I've never fished past about 11 am either. I think Kokanee are shallow in low light areas, which would explain why I am able to catch them every time without 5 lbs of gear on a stiff rod. But I am no Professional either.
    \

went LP yesterday - caught 5 trout, 1 chinook and all where small no KOKS Maybe 25 boats on water

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCaster View Post
    went LP yesterday 5 trout, 1 chin, no koks maybe 25 boats on water

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12