Thread: Did not make it out once this year!

Default Did not make it out once this year!

Well I have lost a full season of fishing do in large part to health problem. Between my problems with catracts, eye surgery and ARED (age related macular degenration), sever vertigo, and the 4 operations on my 1 year old Lab baby girl for ACL tears in both hind legs and torn maniscus in both knees, wedid not gofishing once. Mom would not let me go, because the vertigo epasodes, she feared I would fall over board. The boat was filled with nonE gas, oil changed in the motor batteries charged May 18 2018 and then the you know what hit the fan. It seem every time we planed a trip something would happen. 2018 is not going to be remembered with fondness. How Ever I can see great now and don’t need glasses any more ecept to read. My Baby girl is running and jumping good as ever. I’m sure glad this year is almost behind us. Iis great to not feel like i just downed a liter of 100 proof.
    Look out Blue Mesa and the Gorge 2019
    CH
    God does not subtract one minute of life for the hours spent fishing.

I feel your pain, my getting out fishing this year was very much limited with the physical health of my wife. It's easy for me to spot when something is wrong with her that wouldn't allow me to plan for some any extended watering time. Instead, providing there's a break with opportunity I seize on the spur of the moment to go out for a day. At times that keeps me on edge while I'm out fishing I keep asking the question is she ok today. I also get the feeling of being humble to get that day fishing. Even my health is not the greatest but it is what it is, aging is our worst enemy to compound things. I'm going to see what happens this next year which could determine me to start selling the toys and stay home.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Yep getting old is not for the timid. I can’t complane, I’ve been in good help the majority of my life, but when i turned 67 things started going down hill fast it seems. We’ll bounce back though. Just an off year.
    Good fishing and good luck.
    CH

There is hope. After 2 years and 4 surgeries I finally got my pain to a manageable level this year. I enjoyed fishing and camping again for the first time since I retired. It changed my view of how I will be spending my retirement savings.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    There is hope. After 2 years and 4 surgeries I finally got my pain to a manageable level this year. I enjoyed fishing and camping again for the first time since I retired. It changed my view of how I will be spending my retirement savings.
    I know of what you speak. I am very happy for you SuperD. I also know how I planto spend my time also. Seems like you got your self in good shape for the future. Perhaps I will see you on the Gorge next year.
    Take my freinds and be safe on the water.
    CH

Good to hear that, Dave. Sorry to have missed you at the Gorge this year as we only made it once. Then, the day after I had a stroke that I have recovered rather a miracle per my doctor. Indeed, can't over appreciate good health.

Tight lines to all.

Quote Originally Posted by smokepoles View Post
    Good to hear that, Dave. Sorry to have missed you at the Gorge this year as we only made it once. Then, the day after I had a stroke that I have recovered rather a miracle per my doctor. Indeed, can't over appreciate good health.

Tight lines to all.
    Glad to made a quick recovery. In my case, it isn't life back to normal but better enough to at least have some fun again. We are planning even more time at the Gorge next Summer, Lord willing, so hopefully see and meet more folks up there.

Default Illnesses

Sure hope you guys and girls get better, good to hear your thoughts God bless,

This was a short season for me also. Due to some health issues,i missed alot of fishing in May and June into July. Last time i was on the gorge was the 4th. Then my boat motor craped out on me in late august(reed valves aren't cheap) Got the boat back last week,and now the weather wont cooperate. Oh well thats life I'm just glad that we are still here to bitch about a short season.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

If this ain’t an old fart thread I don’t know what is. Lol

If this ain’t an old fart thread I don’t know what is. Lol
    lol i haven't yelled at anyone to get off my lawn yet. I have have heard it said,gettin old isn't for sissy's.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Quote Originally Posted by Propnut69 View Post
    lol i haven't yelled at anyone to get off my lawn yet.
    School just started and we live on the corner. We have lots of kids taking the shortcut across the lawn. It’s all I can do to not go Mr. Wilson on their ass.

School just started and we live on the corner. We have lots of kids taking the shortcut across the lawn. It’s all I can do to not go Mr. Wilson on their ass.
    LMAO. We live in the country so no kids on the grass. The bus picks them up in front of their own houses along the road.
    CH

Yep, that's been going on before your house got built, that's because I have the other corner. I don't have a problem with the little tykes but its the high schoolers that come thru as part of their PE class towards the end of the school year that know better. OH WELL, been there done the shortcuts myself.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF