Thread: Fish Lake Ut sportsmen

Default Fish Lake Ut sportsmen

If you want to see "something else", head on down to Fish Lake and watch people trying to snag the kokanee at the mouth of Twin Creek. Both on land and in boats. DWR are yards away and don't do a thing. Pretty crazy.

Its still fishing season for kokanee, DWR is probably standing by for Sept 10 when the kokanee fishing season officially closes. I foresee signs erected closing waters that enter lake and a barrier installed at the mouth like at most spillways.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

I guess you didn't comprehend what I said. People are trying to snag them. I don't care if it still is koke season, snagging is against the law.

Not against the law necessarily. I know that Colorado has a snagging season during spawn.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

I could care less about Colorado, I never mentioned it. Snagging is illegal in Utah.

Sounds like you should give fish and game a call to see what’s up and report back.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

No, I'm not going to turn them in. That's what the DWR is for. They know it's happening.
    If anything else, seriously go down to Fish Lake at Twin Creek and check out the kokes jumping at the inlet. I've never seen kokanee do that, it is neat to see.

Quote Originally Posted by COKEANEE View Post
    I guess you didn't comprehend what I said. People are trying to snag them. I don't care if it still is koke season, snagging is against the law.
    I caught on to what your saying from the start. We're not the DA's you want to imply. What you are telling me also you are a witness to a poaching crime. Anglers & hunters have the same rule and obligation to report crimes either by phone, file an online report, or in this case you were watching wildlife officials nearby do nothing. Did you try to interact with those officials to gain knowledge of their observation? I know what snag lines are, lures with treble hooks can be viewed that way but its a legal manner described in the take of fish. Since you feel a crime has been committed here's is the link to assist in your decision. Its up to you, I'm not a witness.

https://wildlife.utah.gov/report-wildlife-crimes.html
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Well the DWR was there. I watched for about a half hour and nothing was done. I shouldn't have to tell them to do their jobs. I wasn't mad or anything like that, I guess I was more surprised than anything else. Maybe the DWR doesn't care because the kokes are going to die anyways. I don't know, I just found the whole thing interesting and thought this forum would as well.
    The kokes jumping 2 to 4 at a time like something was chasing them was interesting to see as mentioned previously.

It sounds like the kokes jumping really would be great to see.

As far as the illegal activity that you shared, I would have went and spoke with the F&G reps to find out more about what was going on. Ask them about what you are seeing as illegal and truely get their feedback as to what is being viewed as illegal. If after that time i feel that it was falling on deaf ears, and that they were condoning this kind of illegal activity, then take it up the chain. If it was not illegal, and i learned something from it, all teh better for me.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.