Thread: Hello from Everett, WA

Default Hello from Everett, WA

Just joined the forum and am eager to learn more.

Background on me:
    I've lived in western WA my entire life fishing mainly small lakes for rainbow trout. As a kid, we had a 12' Valco that my dad and used for fishing. Once I was out of college, I took over the boat and upgraded to a 16' Lund that I've had for 11 years. That boat will never be sold. Taking a few years off of fishing to get my babies out of diapers, my two sons have gotten bigger (now 8 and 5) and have both got the fishing bug. Recently, I went on a fishing trip on the Columbia River and landed a good sized (to me) Chinook Salmon. Once my boys saw the pictures from the trip, they were convinced they need to land some salmon of their own.

So, here I am....

I've started doing a bit of internet searching talking to the local shop owners and today pulled the trigger on a pair of Abu Garcia Black Max reels mounted to Daiwa Spinmatic 7'6" Ultra light rods.

Now, time for more education. My local fishing hole will be Lake Stevens, WA.

Welcome aboard clarkbre About 2 1/2yrs I traveled up to Everette to purchase my boat. I use to live in Seattle for a very short period Dec 1970 into 1971. My more recent trip reminded me of a beautiful state Washington is. Introduction of your boys to the fishing experience will truly have them set for their tales to tell.
    Last edited by Bduck; 08-26-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Welcome clarkbre, a ton of knowledge on this site.
    Twanger

Welcome aboard clarkbre

Welcome Aboard clarkbre, looking forward to your posts.
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot