Thread: ABOUT DONE WITH THIS FORUM

Hybrid View

Default ABOUT DONE WITH THIS FORUM

Not to bitch but I'm about done with this forum. I post every time I fish the gorge. Granted I have not posted that many times but I have posted every time I fished. Time, location, speed, how deep and lure. See hundreds of looks but no replies or imfo. Think this forum is about dead. Not this way 7 years ago. I learned how to fish kokes on this forum but it has died. SADDDDDD.
    Last edited by rufus60; 07-23-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Says I have been here since May 2017, that's because I had to start a new membership because I lost my password. Have about 70 posts. Been here 7 years. Thanks to all the people who helped me when I was just starting.
    Last edited by rufus60; 07-23-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Hard to disagree. The age of most current posts and number of replies says a lot.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Seems only the Idaho guys and some from around the gorge are the only ones to post now-a-days. Maybe a few Cali folks too. I did get lucky on this site and found someone in BC who was looking for older tackle I had no more use for. But overall its a ghost town

Fished the gorge Saturday found them in lowe canyon good sized 50 feet deep green was the color there!

Thanks for the info....

Default SORRY

I'm sorry to here that you feel that way. I don't fish the gorge much anymore. the system in place for fishing up there has priced me out. Between gas, ais sticker, food, time traveling (including check station), state fishing stamp, road side camping fees, it just has made it way to difficult (and that doesn't include boat maintenance $). not to mention the road from mountain view to manila is falling apart, i can't even stand driving it in a car. I don't think Wyoming has realized what they have done. by the way, where is all that money going, I know NOT THE ROAD! The Gorge is the best in the west and I miss it, so I read all the post's and just dream. if i go, it is for a week at a time and there are other ways to burn vaca time competing with it. So local lakes are way more economical from salt lake. now with jordanelle on line, i may never see the Wyoming side of the gorge again.
    2007 20' ALUMACRAFT, 200 HP YAMAHA, 5 hp kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNBAGGER View Post
    I'm sorry to here that you feel that way. I don't fish the gorge much anymore. the system in place for fishing up there has priced me out. Between gas, ais sticker, food, time traveling (including check station), state fishing stamp, road side camping fees, it just has made it way to difficult (and that doesn't include boat maintenance $). not to mention the road from mountain view to manila is falling apart, i can't even stand driving it in a car. I don't think Wyoming has realized what they have done. by the way, where is all that money going, I know NOT THE ROAD! The Gorge is the best in the west and I miss it, so I read all the post's and just dream. if i go, it is for a week at a time and there are other ways to burn vaca time competing with it. So local lakes are way more economical from salt lake. now with jordanelle on line, i may never see the Wyoming side of the gorge again.
    All that you said and more! Throw on the added expense of driving from California with the Lance 850 loaded on and towing my boat. Then there's three fish limit with three in possession that the real deal breaker. You are there for a week and it's illegal to smoke or can the kokes, still count against the possession limit. What is one supposed to do, spend your week not fishing, or maybe just feed koke fillets to the dog? It's bucket list koke fishing, but having been there a half dozen times I can now just cross it off my bucket list. RAY
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment