Thread: ABOUT DONE WITH THIS FORUM

Default ABOUT DONE WITH THIS FORUM

Not to bitch but I'm about done with this forum. I post every time I fish the gorge. Granted I have not posted that many times but I have posted every time I fished. Time, location, speed, how deep and lure. See hundreds of looks but no replies or imfo. Think this forum is about dead. Not this way 7 years ago. I learned how to fish kokes on this forum but it has died. SADDDDDD.
    Last edited by rufus60; 07-23-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Says I have been here since May 2017, that's because I had to start a new membership because I lost my password. Have about 70 posts. Been here 7 years. Thanks to all the people who helped me when I was just starting.
    Last edited by rufus60; 07-23-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Hard to disagree. The age of most current posts and number of replies says a lot.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Seems only the Idaho guys and some from around the gorge are the only ones to post now-a-days. Maybe a few Cali folks too. I did get lucky on this site and found someone in BC who was looking for older tackle I had no more use for. But overall its a ghost town

Fished the gorge Saturday found them in lowe canyon good sized 50 feet deep green was the color there!

Thanks for the info....

Default SORRY

I'm sorry to here that you feel that way. I don't fish the gorge much anymore. the system in place for fishing up there has priced me out. Between gas, ais sticker, food, time traveling (including check station), state fishing stamp, road side camping fees, it just has made it way to difficult (and that doesn't include boat maintenance $). not to mention the road from mountain view to manila is falling apart, i can't even stand driving it in a car. I don't think Wyoming has realized what they have done. by the way, where is all that money going, I know NOT THE ROAD! The Gorge is the best in the west and I miss it, so I read all the post's and just dream. if i go, it is for a week at a time and there are other ways to burn vaca time competing with it. So local lakes are way more economical from salt lake. now with jordanelle on line, i may never see the Wyoming side of the gorge again.
    2007 20' ALUMACRAFT, 200 HP YAMAHA, 5 hp kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNBAGGER View Post
    I'm sorry to here that you feel that way. I don't fish the gorge much anymore. the system in place for fishing up there has priced me out. Between gas, ais sticker, food, time traveling (including check station), state fishing stamp, road side camping fees, it just has made it way to difficult (and that doesn't include boat maintenance $). not to mention the road from mountain view to manila is falling apart, i can't even stand driving it in a car. I don't think Wyoming has realized what they have done. by the way, where is all that money going, I know NOT THE ROAD! The Gorge is the best in the west and I miss it, so I read all the post's and just dream. if i go, it is for a week at a time and there are other ways to burn vaca time competing with it. So local lakes are way more economical from salt lake. now with jordanelle on line, i may never see the Wyoming side of the gorge again.
    All that you said and more! Throw on the added expense of driving from California with the Lance 850 loaded on and towing my boat. Then there's three fish limit with three in possession that the real deal breaker. You are there for a week and it's illegal to smoke or can the kokes, still count against the possession limit. What is one supposed to do, spend your week not fishing, or maybe just feed koke fillets to the dog? It's bucket list koke fishing, but having been there a half dozen times I can now just cross it off my bucket list. RAY
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Quote Originally Posted by sawhorseray View Post
    All that you said and more! Throw on the added expense of driving from California with the Lance 850 loaded on and towing my boat. Then there's three fish limit with three in possession that the real deal breaker. You are there for a week and it's illegal to smoke or can the kokes, still count against the possession limit. What is one supposed to do, spend your week not fishing, or maybe just feed koke fillets to the dog? It's bucket list koke fishing, but having been there a half dozen times I can now just cross it off my bucket list. RAY
    Go read the posts about doubling the possession limit for 2019, it will help make it worth the effort.

i usually spend 4 to 8 days on the gorge with several people , i do agree they should make the limit at least a 2 day limit , but i do like to fish for lakers and the limits on those are more than generous ,and allow you to fill your coolers with a lot of fish .it would be nice if they let you possess multiple daily bags

Quote Originally Posted by mtncat1 View Post
    i usually spend 4 to 8 days on the gorge with several people , i do agree they should make the limit at least a 2 day limit , but i do like to fish for lakers and the limits on those are more than generous ,and allow you to fill your coolers with a lot of fish .it would be nice if they let you possess multiple daily bags
    Utah heard your wishes and made it happen but Wyoming didn't.

i'm lucky to live not to far from the gorge and strawberry , i don't know if i'd ever make it if i had to drive as far as you do .

Default Facebook

Seems like more & more people are just using Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by froggie View Post
    And those posts don't really seem like a report or an exchange of information to me.

Quote Originally Posted by froggie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    And those posts don't really seem like a report or an exchange of information to me.
    I agree with both, Facebook pages have all but killed forums, sad to becasue I have really liked forums, they usually proivde lots of useful information and are a lot more orgaized for searching.

one thing i have noticed about face book is that 90% of the post and comments a by clowns .

one thing i have noticed about face book is that 90% of the post and comments a by clowns .
    Agreed, A lot of the commenters are D-Bags, but its the new place to post unfortunatley

Default We live in an ever changing world

Yep, fb has become the new place to share/gather information. And unfortunately, it is populated with idiots that don't know which end of the hook is the catching part. I did the fb thing for less than a year once and came to realize just how many stupid people we have in the world. I canceled my account and had it permanently deleted. Good riddance. And it has become increasingly apparent to me that chat forums are a dying breed for information sharing. More and more forums are becoming deserted wastelands. I still look at a couple of forums on a monthly basis that haven't seen a post in over a year. I did see, rufus, that you haven't completely given up on this forum. And that's a good thing. I'll keep monitoring this site weekly and post when I have something to report or information to add that might be of interest to somebody. Hope you do as well. Tight lines to one and all. And my first trip to the Gorge this year is scheduled for 4 - 6 June. Life is good.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

99 percent of the face book junk is not useful to an experienced fisherman i'l stay here and on BFT a little good info is much better than a ton of that crap .

Quote Originally Posted by dubob View Post
    I canceled my account and had it permanently deleted. Good riddance. And it has become increasingly apparent to me that chat forums are a dying breed for information sharing.
    I also did the FB site for a while but after getting hacked twice in a 6mo period I said GOOD RIDDANCE too. I closed my account down 4yrs ago. I didn't care for the info coming across either.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

99 percent of the face book junk is not useful to an experienced fisherman i'l stay here and on BFT a little good info is much better than a ton of that crap .
    I 100% agree, I actually got kicked off one of the FB pages for sharning valid advise, someone posted asking how to catch kokes at the gorge so I gave them a full crash course, and one of the mods for the page removed my post becuase I "pushed" RMT, said they dont allow that on the page, so I argured back and said it was BS that when someones asks for advise you cant give solid info and tell them exactly what to use.

most the posts on FB are just peole wanting to pound there chest and brag, not actually help out. a large number of guys even go so far to blur out the backgrounds so you cant see where they are at.

that's funny they sure don't mind pushing that tackle they sell in the north west

Information, much like fish, are where you find em. Anyone who isn't willing to learn from a broad spectrum of fishermen misses an opportunity. FB is offering 50 fishing posts a day on different lakes with different tackle. You know who's most likely to teach you something? It's the guy that has no idea how it's supposed to be done and doesn't know the accepted norms. He goes out and finds a new way. The new ways are out there if you are reading where they are posting be it here or anywhere else. Tight lines and happy hook ups!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet