Thread: Quick trip to the Gorge

Default Quick trip to the Gorge

Made a quick trip to the Gorge this weekend and found that I am a little rusty on the lake trout fishing but I can still get the kokes.

We started fishing around three Friday afternoon and fished for macks until dark with only a few bites.

Saturday we were up early and headed out from Holmes crossing, we dropped lines out in Lowe point and headed north. Fishing was slow but we ended up getting are 6 fish all but one were real good fish. Green RMT dodger with a green squid worked the best. We got off the water around noon. After taking Bill (aka bad luck Bill) in and grabbing lunch I was back after the lake trout and ended up getting one around 15 pounds.

Sunday morning I went out on a friend's boat and we tried trolling for lake trout but didn't have any luck so we started jigging and got a few bites with no hook ups.

It was a fun trip and it felt good to fight a bigger fish and get some bigger kokes. Thanks for coming with Bill.

We rolled into camp about 2:00 this afternoon. I spent the afternoon getting rods set up for tomorrow morning. Will hit it early and see what we can do.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

[QUOTE=nofish;62929]Made a quick trip to the Gorge this weekend and found that I am a little rusty on the lake trout fishing but I can still get the kokes. QUOTE]

Aaron, Its always a plus when you can come away with your koke supply. You also can tune your Mack fishing in at the Bear, so all is not lost. I have lost out much of the summer fishing this year do to an accident which has told me I have better hang around, in which my future of fishing is in the wait & see balance. This gave me the opportunity to dismantle my boat for some much needed upgrade work repair for the time being, if nothing else its having a to do project. I'm still hoping to make a day run at least once this summer to hit the Gorge but that's not looking possible at the moment.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Quote Originally Posted by nofish View Post
    Made a quick trip to the Gorge this weekend and found that I am a little rusty on the lake trout fishing but I can still get the kokes.

We started fishing around three Friday afternoon and fished for macks until dark with only a few bites.

Saturday we were up early and headed out from Holmes crossing, we dropped lines out in Lowe point and headed north. Fishing was slow but we ended up getting are 6 fish all but one were real good fish. Green RMT dodger with a green squid worked the best. We got off the water around noon. After taking Bill (aka bad luck Bill) in and grabbing lunch I was back after the lake trout and ended up getting one around 15 pounds.

Sunday morning I went out on a friend's boat and we tried trolling for lake trout but didn't have any luck so we started jigging and got a few bites with no hook ups.

It was a fun trip and it felt good to fight a bigger fish and get some bigger kokes. Thanks for coming with Bill.
    What did you catch the 15 pounder on? And Holmes Crossing is where we found a few 3 pounders last trip.

I hope everything is good with you Rodger, I can't wait to get back after them in two weeks.

I got the Mack jigging over in swim beach.

I heard over and over how slow the koke fishing was over the weekend, I hope it picked up for you Dave.

It was a slow but steady pick today. The weather was a little weird today with fronts passing through so we ended a little early with 15 Kokes and 1 nice Mack to the boat.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    It was a slow but steady pick today. The weather was a little weird today with fronts passing through so we ended a little early with 15 Kokes and 1 nice Mack to the boat.
    D, sounds like you had a full boat today - good on ya

going up Wed leaving my house at 2 am start fishing by the ranch house for kokes
    hope the wind lets me fish for lakers later by linwood
    will be my first trip since Feb.
    My wife doesn't have a WY stamp yet.

fish lake Kokes are getting big, biggest was 19 1/2 most 16 to 18"

Thanks for the invite Arron was awesome to go with you hopefully I can get my boat repaired and take you out. Maybe Strawberry???

Thanks for coming it was great having you in the boat. Let me know if I can help with the boat? I would love a trip to Strawberry.