Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Brads Cut Plugs

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Kamloops BC.
    Posts
    39

    Default Brads Cut Plugs

    I am having no luck with the Brads Cut Plugs, in 8 trips out i have caught my limit of Kok's, but not a single fish with a cut plug. I have tried all sorts of combinations, flashers and leader lengths, and scents, but still nothing. As soon as i change to a hoochie or wedding ring, it seems i am in the fish, Do these plugs actually work for you guys, any tips would be helpful?
    Cheers
    Twanger

  2. #2

    Default

    Tried them on two trips last season with no hits. I also would like to hear something positive about them.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,658

    Default

    I had one day last year where they just got smashed. Iíve maybe caught 2 fish on them since. In full disclosure, I donít keep them in the water very long now. If they donít get bit soon they come off.
    Last edited by SuperD; 07-12-2018 at 09:05 AM.
    2003 Jetcraft SK2125, Yamaha 150, Yamaha T8, 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Posts
    63

    Default

    I to have a couple in my tackle box and have yet to catch a fish on one. But I haven't given them there fair share of time in the water either. 20 min of no bites and I'm switching to something else.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bend, Or.
    Posts
    1,824

    Default

    I wondered about those things when they went on the market as a kokanee lure...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    so jordan ut.
    Posts
    329

    Default

    i've fished them a few times and never got a hit off them i don't know whats up ,but i don't have much faith in them right now

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twanger View Post
    I am having no luck with the Brads Cut Plugs, in 8 trips out i have caught my limit of Kok's, but not a single fish with a cut plug. I have tried all sorts of combinations, flashers and leader lengths, and scents, but still nothing. As soon as i change to a hoochie or wedding ring, it seems i am in the fish, Do these plugs actually work for you guys, any tips would be helpful?
    Cheers
    Twanger
    They work. I just fished Bullard's Bar Lake near Oroville CA, and we landed 30 Koks in about 4 1/2 hours fishing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    so jordan ut.
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trlittle View Post
    They work. I just fished Bullard's Bar Lake near Oroville CA, and we landed 30 Koks in about 4 1/2 hours fishing.
    this flawed logic, it's possible another lure combo would have landed even more fish. i've ram cut plugs next to squids and not got a single bit on the plug but many fish on the squid . just sayin

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtncat1 View Post
    this flawed logic, it's possible another lure combo would have landed even more fish. i've ram cut plugs next to squids and not got a single bit on the plug but many fish on the squid . just sayin
    Not flawed logic at all. The question of the thread was whether or not anyone had any luck with them. 30 fish would qualify wouldn't you think? The debate whether there could have been a better lure on any successful day will always exist and never be able to be answered.
    2003 Jetcraft SK2125, Yamaha 150, Yamaha T8, 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Not flawed logic at all. The question of the thread was whether or not anyone had any luck with them. 30 fish would qualify wouldn't you think? The debate whether there could have been a better lure on any successful day will always exist and never be able to be answered.
    I agree...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,658

    Default

    I will say that it seems like the West Coast guys report a lot better luck with them. It makes me curious what the difference might be.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •