Thread: Lucerne 6/20-23

Hybrid View

Default Lucerne 6/20-23

It sure has been quiet on the Gorge discussion. I hope that means the fishing is so off the chart that no one will say

We'll be camping and fishing out of Lucerne 6/20-23. Glad to meet up with any forum members and share tales and(or) recon while we're there

Tight lines to all.

What loop and site this year?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

We were there the fist of the week. The fishing was good water temp about 61 to 65. Fish were in the 35' range. we caught most of the good fish in anvil draw. the weather was great. Caught most fish on RMT dodger and pink squids and mai ti spoons. we will be back up there on the 18th to the 20th Loop b021. come see us.

Quote Originally Posted by oldguysrule View Post
    We were there the fist of the week. The fishing was good water temp about 61 to 65. Fish were in the 35' range. we caught most of the good fish in anvil draw. the weather was great. Caught most fish on RMT dodger and pink squids and mai ti spoons. we will be back up there on the 18th to the 20th Loop b021. come see us.

We will not be get there until late afternoon on the 20th, maybe time for a shakedown run, and expect you likely gone by then?

Just got back yesterday. Was there from June 3 until June 9. Caught fish out of Buckboard and Lucerne every day. Fished behind Kingfisher Island on Friday with good success. Fish are larger the further north you go. Each fisherman we talked to was using different tackle than we did and everybody was catching fish. We found a killer lure for Macs and they would not leave it alone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VH_SEA_SERPENT_large.png 
Views:	290 
Size:	340.8 KB 
ID:	9453
    "VENOMOUS HOOCHIE - UV SEA SERPENT W/NICKLE FLAME"
    We caught at least 5 macs a day on this lure alone with the best day catch of over a dozen. Trolled behind a Deadly Venom dodger - of course.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Thanks, Bob, for the intel. I expect that we'll hit most of those over the 2.5 days fishing. We like to get downstream from Lucerne for at least one go as it is so different down there, and always get to see wildlife going through the cut. Last couple times downstream were marginal at best, but three years ago it was off the hook for us, and some darn nice ones if you had enough gumption to leave smaller fish. Don't have any of the venom stuff, but will look into them as already got more stuff tahn will ever use so whats a bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by dubob View Post
    Just got back yesterday. Was there from June 3 until June 9. Caught fish out of Buckboard and Lucerne every day. Fished behind Kingfisher Island on Friday with good success. Fish are larger the further north you go. Each fisherman we talked to was using different tackle than we did and everybody was catching fish. We found a killer lure for Macs and they would not leave it alone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VH_SEA_SERPENT_large.png 
Views:	290 
Size:	340.8 KB 
ID:	9453
    "VENOMOUS HOOCHIE - UV SEA SERPENT W/NICKLE FLAME"
    We caught at least 5 macs a day on this lure alone with the best day catch of over a dozen. Trolled behind a Deadly Venom dodger - of course.
    Where do they sell them? And at what depth were you on the macs?
    Last edited by gorgehunter; 06-11-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smokepoles View Post
    It sure has been quiet on the Gorge discussion. I hope that means the fishing is so off the chart that no one will say

We'll be camping and fishing out of Lucerne 6/20-23. Glad to meet up with any forum members and share tales and(or) recon while we're there

Tight lines to all.
    We will be there the 21st-26th, my brother and his kids are coming down from ND to meet us there. From what I hear the pups are slowly making it south, with the bigger kokes being found up north. We did catch our share around the 3 pound mark 2 weeks ago in red cliff canyon, but not nearly as consistent as Anvil to Buckboard.