Thread: One More Utah Lake w/ Kokanee - Jordanelle

Default One More Utah Lake w/ Kokanee - Jordanelle

First time on Jordanelle in about 10 years yesterday. First time trying for some kokanee since they introduced them there. The water temp was a little on the cool side at 38.X degrees all the way down to 100 feet. We had 4 hook ups between 8 AM and 2 PM. Lost a rainbow at the net, lost another unknown fish, lost a koke about 15 feet back of the boat, and boated one about 10". Very slow day. I may have to give Jordanelle another go later this year. Much closer to Weber County than Strawberry for a day trip. Smaller size than Strawberry for sure, but easier on the pocket book for solo day trips. And with the addition of wipers recently, Jordanelle is worth a couple trips a year for me. Much easier to launch my cruise ship (ThunderJet Explorer 185) there than at Porcupine.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

To me that is a good day considering it sounded like a scouting trip at what I hope will a prosperous fishing season. I was gonna give it a try today at Jordanelle but afternoon breezes that have been coming up lately have seemed more than just a breeze so I opted out. I agree with how much closer it is than Strawberry but getting a hot breakfast at the Hub on the way up or a burger on the way down from the Berry makes the trip. I'm still going to give it a go at Jordanelle but now I let myself get backed into the corner of having to get some outside chores started.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Hoping to see more reports come in from Jordanelle this year with the new kokes!

Quote Originally Posted by berrykoka View Post
    Hoping to see more reports come in from Jordanelle this year with the new kokes!
    As well as other lakes targeted with the kokanee population.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF