Thread: Folsom Lake 4/28

Default Folsom Lake 4/28

First ever attempt for Kokanee. I have been reading up on the tactics here. Worked like a champ. 31' through the sonar marks. Shasta Humdinger in pearl/silver/sand behind a Seps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chris kok1.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	9397

Quote Originally Posted by Speedpickle View Post
    First ever attempt for Kokanee. I have been reading up on the tactics here. Worked like a champ. 31' through the sonar marks. Shasta Humdinger in pearl/silver/sand behind a Seps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chris kok1.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	9397
    Congratulations on a nice looking Rainbow trout. Folsom has never had a confirmed report of a caught Kokanee that I know of. Bullards Bar and Pardee would be much better bets, Bullards is the hot ticket so far this season.
    2003 Jetcraft SK2125, Yamaha 150, Yamaha T8, 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually

Default Dang it

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Congratulations on a nice looking Rainbow trout. Folsom has never had a confirmed report of a caught Kokanee that I know of. Bullards Bar and Pardee would be much better bets, Bullards is the hot ticket so far this season.
    I hate it when that happens. No fork. Wrong fin. Please excuse the ding o ling miss ID.. According to DFG there are Kokanee in Folsom.. DFG.. I am blaming them for my total inability to do basic homework..That's my story. I believe a book on fish species and a trip to Bullards is on the to do list.. Thank you..

FWIW, they planted a few hundred thousand Kokes in Folsom a few years ago and apparently none survived, based on the lack reports.
    2003 Jetcraft SK2125, Yamaha 150, Yamaha T8, 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually