Thread: A Mission 4-27-2018

Default A Mission 4-27-2018

Met up with my good friend Ryan(Wyo307) at Lucerne. Did some searching for kokes but water temps were still in 40's range. Finder picked up lakers but hardly any kokes. Using downriggers to as far as depths of 40 FOW they were not there. However we did find them in the top 10 FOW. Long lining using one planer board and enough depth using downriggers we managed to catch our limits. This is why we couldn't see them on the finder. They are there but close to the surface. All kokes caught were in the 14-15" class, but no dinks. Its only going to get better from here. Pinks & orange were the flavors.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Nice work bduck. Looks like they are starting to bite, we will be there in a couple of weeks. to spend the summer. Did you find them going north?
    Thanks for the report

good job finding them and catching them.

Strawberry Kokes are bigger than that I have been catching ones that are 16 to 19" they are down 19 to 45' you can see them on the fish finder. I have been putting shrimp on one of the hooks and it has been working.

Roger, good to hear that you gout out and had some catching. I got my boat ready to do some bass fishing, but mother-in-law passed away yesterday and not a good time to leave wife alone. Still working on when can set Gorge and/or Strawberry trips, hopefully in June.

Tight lines.

smokepoles, sorry for your loss. Take care of the wife, the fish will be there.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by smokepoles View Post
    Roger, good to hear that you gout out and had some catching. I got my boat ready to do some bass fishing, but mother-in-law passed away yesterday and not a good time to leave wife alone. Still working on when can set Gorge and/or Strawberry trips, hopefully in June.

Tight lines.
    Sorry to here of your loss Chuck. The size of kokes we encountered was only one class throughout a wide area. The biguns are there, just wasn't our day to hook into them. We did come home with a descent limit stock. A day trip out I won't turn this down. Now we have 2 good weather makers coming in that will keep me off of the lakes at least for the week. The Berry is a priority this summer for me which might be cutting out a couple of the Gorge runs.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

It was a great day Roger thanks again for the boat ride!
    2016 Lund 1775 Crossover XS aka the "Play N Hooky"