Thread: 2018 Odell Fishing Report

Default 2018 Odell Fishing Report

With the season Opening on the 22nd thought I would look into the day limits. I can't seem to navigate the ODFW well enough to figure out what the catch limit is for Odell or Crescent. It says 5 limit for trout/ Kokanee in all lakes and reservoirs in the central zone. When I looked at Crescent or Odell they both didn't mention anything about higher limits. Does anyone know if it will be any more than 5 this year?

The way the reg read 25fsh limit at Odell plus 5 trout with counts in your limit thus 30 fsh. Crestant 5 fsh limit plus 5 trout with can be counted it your limit 10 fsh Wickiup this year 5 fsh with 5 trout with can be counted as your total limit 10 fsh hope this help.

Default Odell Limit

You can find this on page 55 of the regs.

Odell Lake
    • Open Apr 22 - Oct 31.
    • 25 kokanee per day in addition to daily
    trout limit. No size limits.
    • 1 lake trout per day, 24 inch minimum
    length.
    • Closed between ODFW markers and the
    mouth of Trapper Cr.
    • Closed between ODFW markers and Odell
    Cr outlet.
    • Closed to angling on tributaries.

Default ODELL LAKE REGS 2018

Odell Lake • Open Apr 22 - Oct 31. • 25 kokanee per day in addition to daily trout limit. No size limits. • 1 lake trout per day, 24 inch minimum length.

Is the fishing picking up yet?

Default Odell report

Bjackisson, I was there on the opener water was 38.7 at the surface 41.5 at 45/50 ft.the fish were stacked on the East end of lake. Absolutely nothing trolling. The fish that were caught were jumpers on the surface casting to and a jig fluttering down. They had lock jaw way to cold. The resent report are pretty much the same. I cancel my plans for next weekend unless things change. The Duck been chasing them doing the best. We jig through large concentrations at 80/100 ft could watch the jigs going through the school just wouldn't touch anything. We were using P line jigs 3/4 oz size had very good success with last season. I seen more lake trout caught then kokanee. Anyway hope this helps. Stayed at shelter cove.

Follow up got a report trolling at tanner creek produce fish trolling this weekend. That good news.

Going to Odell for memorial day just wanted to know if anyone has a recent report

Default Lund troller

Reports have been good,trollers have started picking up fish,jigging is good. Looks like decent weather,there should be no problem putting fsh in the boat.Waters warmed up alot,hope this helps. Good luck.
    Last edited by mrmike; 05-23-2018 at 10:46 AM.