Thread: 2018 Spring Fishing

Default 2018 Spring Fishing

I am headed to Flaming Gorge tomorrow. I am hoping for a report of where I might find active feeding Kokanee this weekend. Speeds and depths would be nice. I cant wait any longer I need to get out and catch some Kokanee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FG kokanee Dave View Post
    I am headed to Flaming Gorge tomorrow. I cant wait any longer I need to get out and catch some Kokanee!!!
    I feel your anxiety levels elevating. I too soon will be making my appearance at the Gorge for my annual April run. Looking fwd to your report.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Default FG Trip

At this juncture, I don't plan on hitting the Gorge until the 3rd of June. I hope to get a couple of trips in to Strawberry & Jordanelle for kokanee before then. Good luck on your current trip.
    Looking forward to your report and some pictures.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by dubob View Post
    At this juncture, I don't plan on hitting the Gorge until the 3rd of June. I hope to get a couple of trips in to Strawberry & Jordanelle for kokanee before then. Good luck on your current trip.
    Looking forward to your report and some pictures.
    I usually put in one April day every year, Jordanelle can be back on my list since its a kokanee fishery and I will be at the Berry for several trips this summer as soon as ice off.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Default Update

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FGMarch2018.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	9365My report is windy windy windy. Water temp at pipeline was 38 degrees. I was finally able to get on the water Friday morning just to get blown off at 9am. I had one in the boat and lost one on the way in. I only spotted lake trout on the fish finder. Saturday was a lot nicer day didn't get blown off till 10am. I ended up with one more in the boat. I threw everything I had at them, changed speeds from 1.1 to 1.8 MPH covered depths from 10'-50'. Moved to 3 of my best locations north of pipeline. Basic pink squid was the only thing that produced.

Troubled water from the big "W". No polecat here at least. The bows should be running their shoreline pattern soon.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

We are heading up there for the Memorial weekend. My first trip is usually the 2nd week of June.

I was there last Tue fished for Kokes about 11 am for a hour and a half did not get a bite by the pipe line
    looked like some kokanee were down 40 to 50 feet. I had my fish finder recording on, need to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by drakebob01 View Post
    We are heading up there for the Memorial weekend. My first trip is usually the 2nd week of June.
    We will be there as well, booked our campsite on Jan 2nd.