Thread: New to KFF from Colorado

Default New to KFF from Colorado

Hello and thank you for adding me to the forum!

Grew up in Wyoming and now live in Colorado but work in Wyoming. Play in both states. Have mainly been a walleye and trout angler but started getting the kokanee itch a few years ago after catching a couple incidentally. Have read a lot of good information on this site and got more serious about chasing kokes in WY a couple years ago. Started out using bottom bouncers and metered line that first year and had success which caused this new addiction. Had really good luck last year with snap weights, metered line, and softer rods. Picked up a linecounter reel for another rod for this season. I am slowly getting there and am now considering a downrigger either this year or next. Fortunately, they seem to stay within reach of my snap weights, even in mid and late summer, in the WY lake we chase them in. I need to give vertical jigging a try this summer if I can force myself to stray from trolling which has been so fun and effective.

My name is Tom and I have a problem. I am obsessed with those chrome salmon right now (to the point that it is making me stray from my walleye fishing)!

Tight lines.

Welcome WYCOangler
    Will be looking fwd to your bragging pics when you post
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Thanks Bduck! I hope I will have some good reports and photos to share this season.

Welcome Aboard WYCOangler

Thanks Twanger!