Thread: Early season Koke Fishing

Default Early season Koke Fishing

Just thought I would try to get help with early fishing How soon is the best. I know you need to troll a long ways back and shallow. Don't know speed, how early and if you still fish to channel areas. Any info would be helpful

Default Fairweatherman

Great question, when the best time,ask ,try to talk with someone been on your body of water. Water temp is important. Ask on the forum for a fishing report maybe someone been out and about. For a set back place one at 60 one at 70 and see what working if there isn't a lot of boat traffic 40 ft might do it. Trial and error, one thing about kokanee fisherman they will share what's working.

Quote Originally Posted by fairweatherman View Post
    Just thought I would try to get help with early fishing How soon is the best. I know you need to troll a long ways back and shallow. Don't know speed, how early and if you still fish to channel areas. Any info would be helpful
    Early season kokes can be found but it can turn into a hunting trip. Have caught some from Wildhorse to Rawlins Draw which my early season areas. I like doing a trip in April when the rainbow spawn is active. The bows are running in wolf packs along the shoreline which is fun to catch some of these brutes tossing a spoon or rooster tail. Its never too early as long as you can tolerate the weather conditions Wyoming has to dish out. You should be climatized since your from that region but your screen name might be a camouflage for something. Your trolling speed will vary according to presentation. Try zigzag method speeding up presentation on one side while slowing it up on opposite side. Sometimes thats usually a good indicator how the kokes will react.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF