Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Lucky Peak Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Fished from Spring Shores tuesday March 27, 10:30am-1pm, caught two 16 inch rainbows, one 14 inch koke, and two 17 imch kokes. Lost one other decent koke. Did not see hardly anything on the fish finder, and didnt have any bites until nearly noon. 15-25ft deep. All were caught on red, orange, or watermellon colors, and they seemed to prefer my shrimp flavored shoepeg corn. Had the lake to ourselves for the first half hour, still only 3 or 4 vehicles when we left. Looked like there were a few more down by the dam when we drove past.

Fished Lucky Peak Thursday and Friday with poor results. Caught 1 koke and 1 trout on Thursday and nothing on Friday. Fished mostly between spring shores and birch creek at 15 feet or less. Tried many different rigs and scents. Headed up to Anderson today.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Default Good luck my friend

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    Fished Lucky Peak Thursday and Friday with poor results. Caught 1 koke and 1 trout on Thursday and nothing on Friday. Fished mostly between spring shores and birch creek at 15 feet or less. Tried many different rigs and scents. Headed up to Anderson today.
    Thanks for your report and wishes you have a good fishing day in Anderson.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default Saturday Mar 31

Put in at Spring Shores with my boys, were on the water by about 9am. Had 2 fish in the boat and one other miss within the first 10 minutes... but then only one other bite for the next 4 hours. Lots of other boats on the water, but it wasn't too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Thanks for your report and wishes you have a good fishing day in Anderson.
    Thank you for the good wishes fish4kok. I hope all is well with you.
    We did well at Anderson. See my post under that forum.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

Fished lucky peak on Friday 3/30 from 2pm to 730pm and did rather well. Fish were at 8-12 feet, bighting herring flavor corn on orange wedding rings
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    and did rather well.
    I have no idea what that means......
    But thanks for the report anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    I have no idea what that means......
    But thanks for the report anyway.
    last thursday we got 4 koks, 6 trout and 2 squaw fish at Arrowrock Dont think that was " did rather well" limits of Koks would be that?

Default Not a good start

Took the grandkids up to Lucky Peak on Wednesday afternoon and fished for a couple of hours near the Forest Service Nursery and Goose Neck Bay. Didn't touch a fish. Fishing with green, red, and white Arrow flashers and hoochies, shoe peg corn, down rigger from 10 to 25 feet.

Default Fishing Wednesday April 11

Spent Wednesday morning at Lucky Peak. Nice boat ride, no fish. Fished with down riggers 10 to 25 feet, sling blades and arrow flashers, hoochies and spinners, red, green, white; shoe peg corn and fire corn. Last year was not good for me at Lucky Peak and this year is not starting out good. Must have a Lucky Peak jinx.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Spent Wednesday morning at Lucky Peak. Nice boat ride, no fish. Fished with down riggers 10 to 25 feet, sling blades and arrow flashers, hoochies and spinners, red, green, white; shoe peg corn and fire corn. Last year was not good for me at Lucky Peak and this year is not starting out good. Must have a Lucky Peak jinx.

Anyone know whats going on at Lucky Peak as far as Koks

I rarely try there anymore. Can't seem to wash the skunk off.

Default Kokes are biting

Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    I rarely try there anymore. Can't seem to wash the skunk off.
    Kokes are biting at Birch Creek about 24 feet down using bloody tuna with green gulls hoochie

Default May 6

Fished this morning from 7-10. Couldn't stay long. Caught 1 trout. 20 inches. Got another bite, but lost it in the way up. Fishing 25'-35' on a DIY down rigger that worked quite well actually. Pretty proud of myself for that. The trout and the other bite was on a watermelon dodger with 6" of leader and a pink and white hoochie with a spinner blade. Both hooks tipped with pink fire corn. Trolling speed was between 1.1-1.4mph. Water temp was 53 degrees. Wasn't marking a lot of fish. Didn't even mark the fish that hit. Wondering if everything is down deep because of the rising temperature and the changing water levels. Quite a bit of debris in the water so look out.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by nickwupper View Post
    Fished this morning from 7-10. Couldn't stay long. Caught 1 trout. 20 inches. Got another bite, but lost it in the way up. Fishing 25'-35' on a DIY down rigger that worked quite well actually. Pretty proud of myself for that. The trout and the other bite was on a watermelon dodger with 6" of leader and a pink and white hoochie with a spinner blade. Both hooks tipped with pink fire corn. Trolling speed was between 1.1-1.4mph. Water temp was 53 degrees. Wasn't marking a lot of fish. Didn't even mark the fish that hit. Wondering if everything is down deep because of the rising temperature and the changing water levels. Quite a bit of debris in the water so look out.
    went thurs. last week trolled 5 hours not one bite talked to three boats, each had one - looks like we missed the morning bite next stop Anderson

is lucky peak cursed? Has anyone been up and fished lately?

Quote Originally Posted by mowrus View Post
    Sure seems like it! Wish the F and G would comment. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mowrus View Post
    Fished from 7 am to about 1130 on the 5th. Only caught two kokes, lost 1 or two more, and three trout. hardly marked anything either. The ones we did catch we never marked on the finder. Now DR for us so all long lining.
    The wife calls my boat "My Husbands Little Blue Dingy"

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Sure seems like it! Wish the F and G would comment. Mike
    Lots o bites at birch creek down 24 on pink flutter hoochie. 1.4 mph. My Garmin 7sv sucks . Getting a replacement tomorrow
    team Zigzag

Default wait for it

We went up for a pre Anderson 4K boat shake down run and since the boat ran good we then fished the white pipe to the helipad area for 2 hours. Two poles standard setup at 10ft to 25ft and we caught 10 rainbows but not a single koke. I'm pretty sure we had one on that we saw some silver flash but it got off. The trout were making it hard to catch kokes. Obviously we weren't dialed in to the right color or depth but we were also limited on time so I "dance with the one that brung me". No large clusters in that small sample size area other than the mouth of Robie which always has a mass of fish but we didn't get any takers there.

Just like the last three years that I have been fishing LP I expect the following. Slow spring and then HOT SUMMER and FALL. Weird because that isn't the traditional kokanee way but it seems to be the deal at LP. Most likely it's a technique issue. I read a lot of sad fishing stories through the year on this particular thread but we've caught a limit or close to nearly every single trip last year when it was supposed to be DED dead. Sometimes you have to stay a long time but that is the POINT!

If you want to catch more fish than a human should ever eat go to Anderson. I like LP because it's a cheap and short trip from the house and I can catch a limit of fat healthy BBQ'ers almost every time. Plus there are way more good looking girls in surf boats to look at....(might as well find a positive to that irritating aspect of the game)

Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    We went up for a pre Anderson 4K boat shake down run and since the boat ran good we then fished the white pipe to the helipad area for 2 hours. Two poles standard setup at 10ft to 25ft and we caught 10 rainbows but not a single koke. I'm pretty sure we had one on that we saw some silver flash but it got off. The trout were making it hard to catch kokes. Obviously we weren't dialed in to the right color or depth but we were also limited on time so I "dance with the one that brung me". No large clusters in that small sample size area other than the mouth of Robie which always has a mass of fish but we didn't get any takers there.

Just like the last three years that I have been fishing LP I expect the following. Slow spring and then HOT SUMMER and FALL. Weird because that isn't the traditional kokanee way but it seems to be the deal at LP. Most likely it's a technique issue. I read a lot of sad fishing stories through the year on this particular thread but we've caught a limit or close to nearly every single trip last year when it was supposed to be DED dead. Sometimes you have to stay a long time but that is the POINT!

If you want to catch more fish than a human should ever eat go to Anderson. I like LP because it's a cheap and short trip from the house and I can catch a limit of fat healthy BBQ'ers almost every time. Plus there are way more good looking girls in surf boats to look at....(might as well find a positive to that irritating aspect of the game)

Sure like the short drive to lucky peak - any weekend reports?

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    Sure like the short drive to lucky peak - any weekend reports?

going give L P a try tomorrow afternoon - any words of wisdom?

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    going give L P a try tomorrow afternoon - any words of wisdom?
    Haven't been there in over a month. I hope you do well. Let us know.

Default wedesday

Fished wednesday from 9 am to 2 pm..
    Mouth of robie creek <<<< Nothing.
    Birch creek area...... Nothing.
    out in front of marina...... 2 trout....

fished 3 rods caught all fish on longline 3/4 oz weight. 75 feet out.

DR's everything from 12 feet to 25 feet. 50 feet back. 75 feet back. NOTHING!!!!!!
    saw 1 fish jump.
    very few boats. No nets being dipped.
    No schools of fish.

HMMMMMMMM.........

nothing like it was 3 years ago...... SAD!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon8r View Post
    Fished wednesday from 9 am to 2 pm..
    Mouth of robie creek <<<< Nothing.
    Birch creek area...... Nothing.
    out in front of marina...... 2 trout....

fished 3 rods caught all fish on longline 3/4 oz weight. 75 feet out.

DR's everything from 12 feet to 25 feet. 50 feet back. 75 feet back. NOTHING!!!!!!
    saw 1 fish jump.
    very few boats. No nets being dipped.
    No schools of fish.

HMMMMMMMM.........

nothing like it was 3 years ago...... SAD!!!!!!!!

didnt go yesterday as planned - looks like wed report was a bust - guess i didnt miss anything - all we have is Anderson - did catch some Arrowrock early but have not seen any reports recently - any reports from there?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast