Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: 2018 Lucky Peak Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Fished from Spring Shores tuesday March 27, 10:30am-1pm, caught two 16 inch rainbows, one 14 inch koke, and two 17 imch kokes. Lost one other decent koke. Did not see hardly anything on the fish finder, and didnt have any bites until nearly noon. 15-25ft deep. All were caught on red, orange, or watermellon colors, and they seemed to prefer my shrimp flavored shoepeg corn. Had the lake to ourselves for the first half hour, still only 3 or 4 vehicles when we left. Looked like there were a few more down by the dam when we drove past.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Fished Lucky Peak Thursday and Friday with poor results. Caught 1 koke and 1 trout on Thursday and nothing on Friday. Fished mostly between spring shores and birch creek at 15 feet or less. Tried many different rigs and scents. Headed up to Anderson today.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    179

    Default Good luck my friend

    Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeJoe View Post
    Fished Lucky Peak Thursday and Friday with poor results. Caught 1 koke and 1 trout on Thursday and nothing on Friday. Fished mostly between spring shores and birch creek at 15 feet or less. Tried many different rigs and scents. Headed up to Anderson today.
    Thanks for your report and wishes you have a good fishing day in Anderson.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    6

    Default Saturday Mar 31

    Put in at Spring Shores with my boys, were on the water by about 9am. Had 2 fish in the boat and one other miss within the first 10 minutes... but then only one other bite for the next 4 hours. Lots of other boats on the water, but it wasn't too crowded.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Thanks for your report and wishes you have a good fishing day in Anderson.
    Thank you for the good wishes fish4kok. I hope all is well with you.
    We did well at Anderson. See my post under that forum.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Nampa, ID
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Fished lucky peak on Friday 3/30 from 2pm to 730pm and did rather well. Fish were at 8-12 feet, bighting herring flavor corn on orange wedding rings
    21' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Smoke Nissan Titan dragging her

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    and did rather well.
    I have no idea what that means......
    But thanks for the report anyway.

  8. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    I have no idea what that means......
    But thanks for the report anyway.
    last thursday we got 4 koks, 6 trout and 2 squaw fish at Arrowrock Dont think that was " did rather well" limits of Koks would be that?

  9. #34

    Default Not a good start

    Took the grandkids up to Lucky Peak on Wednesday afternoon and fished for a couple of hours near the Forest Service Nursery and Goose Neck Bay. Didn't touch a fish. Fishing with green, red, and white Arrow flashers and hoochies, shoe peg corn, down rigger from 10 to 25 feet.

  10. #35

    Default Fishing Wednesday April 11

    Spent Wednesday morning at Lucky Peak. Nice boat ride, no fish. Fished with down riggers 10 to 25 feet, sling blades and arrow flashers, hoochies and spinners, red, green, white; shoe peg corn and fire corn. Last year was not good for me at Lucky Peak and this year is not starting out good. Must have a Lucky Peak jinx.

  11. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Spent Wednesday morning at Lucky Peak. Nice boat ride, no fish. Fished with down riggers 10 to 25 feet, sling blades and arrow flashers, hoochies and spinners, red, green, white; shoe peg corn and fire corn. Last year was not good for me at Lucky Peak and this year is not starting out good. Must have a Lucky Peak jinx.



    Anyone know whats going on at Lucky Peak as far as Koks

  12. #37

    Default

    I rarely try there anymore. Can't seem to wash the skunk off.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    boise
    Posts
    122

    Default Kokes are biting

    Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    I rarely try there anymore. Can't seem to wash the skunk off.
    Kokes are biting at Birch Creek about 24 feet down using bloody tuna with green gulls hoochie

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1

    Default May 6

    Fished this morning from 7-10. Couldn't stay long. Caught 1 trout. 20 inches. Got another bite, but lost it in the way up. Fishing 25'-35' on a DIY down rigger that worked quite well actually. Pretty proud of myself for that. The trout and the other bite was on a watermelon dodger with 6" of leader and a pink and white hoochie with a spinner blade. Both hooks tipped with pink fire corn. Trolling speed was between 1.1-1.4mph. Water temp was 53 degrees. Wasn't marking a lot of fish. Didn't even mark the fish that hit. Wondering if everything is down deep because of the rising temperature and the changing water levels. Quite a bit of debris in the water so look out.

  15. #40

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by nickwupper View Post
    Fished this morning from 7-10. Couldn't stay long. Caught 1 trout. 20 inches. Got another bite, but lost it in the way up. Fishing 25'-35' on a DIY down rigger that worked quite well actually. Pretty proud of myself for that. The trout and the other bite was on a watermelon dodger with 6" of leader and a pink and white hoochie with a spinner blade. Both hooks tipped with pink fire corn. Trolling speed was between 1.1-1.4mph. Water temp was 53 degrees. Wasn't marking a lot of fish. Didn't even mark the fish that hit. Wondering if everything is down deep because of the rising temperature and the changing water levels. Quite a bit of debris in the water so look out.
    went thurs. last week trolled 5 hours not one bite talked to three boats, each had one - looks like we missed the morning bite next stop Anderson

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    boise Idaho
    Posts
    20

    Default

    is lucky peak cursed? Has anyone been up and fished lately?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mowrus View Post
    is lucky peak cursed? Has anyone been up and fished lately?
    Sure seems like it! Wish the F and G would comment. Mike

  18. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mowrus View Post
    is lucky peak cursed? Has anyone been up and fished lately?
    Fished from 7 am to about 1130 on the 5th. Only caught two kokes, lost 1 or two more, and three trout. hardly marked anything either. The ones we did catch we never marked on the finder. Now DR for us so all long lining.
    The wife calls my boat "My Husbands Little Blue Dingy"

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    boise
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Sure seems like it! Wish the F and G would comment. Mike
    Lots o bites at birch creek down 24 on pink flutter hoochie. 1.4 mph. My Garmin 7sv sucks . Getting a replacement tomorrow
    team Zigzag

  20. #45

    Default wait for it

    We went up for a pre Anderson 4K boat shake down run and since the boat ran good we then fished the white pipe to the helipad area for 2 hours. Two poles standard setup at 10ft to 25ft and we caught 10 rainbows but not a single koke. I'm pretty sure we had one on that we saw some silver flash but it got off. The trout were making it hard to catch kokes. Obviously we weren't dialed in to the right color or depth but we were also limited on time so I "dance with the one that brung me". No large clusters in that small sample size area other than the mouth of Robie which always has a mass of fish but we didn't get any takers there.

    Just like the last three years that I have been fishing LP I expect the following. Slow spring and then HOT SUMMER and FALL. Weird because that isn't the traditional kokanee way but it seems to be the deal at LP. Most likely it's a technique issue. I read a lot of sad fishing stories through the year on this particular thread but we've caught a limit or close to nearly every single trip last year when it was supposed to be DED dead. Sometimes you have to stay a long time but that is the POINT!

    If you want to catch more fish than a human should ever eat go to Anderson. I like LP because it's a cheap and short trip from the house and I can catch a limit of fat healthy BBQ'ers almost every time. Plus there are way more good looking girls in surf boats to look at....(might as well find a positive to that irritating aspect of the game)

  21. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    We went up for a pre Anderson 4K boat shake down run and since the boat ran good we then fished the white pipe to the helipad area for 2 hours. Two poles standard setup at 10ft to 25ft and we caught 10 rainbows but not a single koke. I'm pretty sure we had one on that we saw some silver flash but it got off. The trout were making it hard to catch kokes. Obviously we weren't dialed in to the right color or depth but we were also limited on time so I "dance with the one that brung me". No large clusters in that small sample size area other than the mouth of Robie which always has a mass of fish but we didn't get any takers there.

    Just like the last three years that I have been fishing LP I expect the following. Slow spring and then HOT SUMMER and FALL. Weird because that isn't the traditional kokanee way but it seems to be the deal at LP. Most likely it's a technique issue. I read a lot of sad fishing stories through the year on this particular thread but we've caught a limit or close to nearly every single trip last year when it was supposed to be DED dead. Sometimes you have to stay a long time but that is the POINT!

    If you want to catch more fish than a human should ever eat go to Anderson. I like LP because it's a cheap and short trip from the house and I can catch a limit of fat healthy BBQ'ers almost every time. Plus there are way more good looking girls in surf boats to look at....(might as well find a positive to that irritating aspect of the game)

    Sure like the short drive to lucky peak - any weekend reports?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •