Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Lucky Peak Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Default This is part of the reason we had a Real Estate meltdown.

Big Truck Pmt + Big Boat Pmt + Big House Pmt
    Lose a job and bingo... BK and foreclosure.
    Over Exiended...
    New Duramax $70000 I don't know how They can sell them... As it should be I'm 63 with everything
    Paid for...
    Last edited by DEALMKR; 06-10-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEALMKR View Post
    Big Truck Pmt + Big Boat Pmt + Big House Pmt
    Lose a job and bingo... BK and foreclosure.
    Over Exiended...
    New Duramax $70000 I don't know how They can sell them... As it should be I'm 63 with everything
    Paid for...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	9455

LP yesterday - did catch some fish released a chinook two trout and some small kokes - did put a few in cooler - one was 17 in. but was a football - Googins out by 1 so got ugly

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	9455

LP yesterday - did catch some fish released a chinook two trout and some small kokes - did put a few in cooler - one was 17 in. but was a football - Googins out by 1 so got ugly
    Football might be an understatement.

gonna try this evening for a few hours. Any tips on depth? seems a lot of you are fishing at gooseneck, any luck across from spring shores?
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

As G-daughter and I were pulling out about 2 PM Friday, IF&G were backing their stocking truck down Spring Shores ramp. They dumped a big slug of Koke fingerlings. Big thrill for my G-daughter. Truck driver said they had made a dump somewhere below and were heading up to Arrowrock next. The beat goes on - lucky us.

We fished from 6-9. Got one 8", and two 18" fatties. Fattest fish I have got out of L.P. ever. 25ft and only got bites on pink hoochies

Fished from 5 to 8:30pm. Caught 1 rainbow and released 1 small koke. Few other small hits. Caught them both on green dodger with pink hoochie tipped with firecorn trolling from white pipe to gooseneck about 25’-30’ down. Not much goin on but talked to some anglers at the ramp and they caught 1 big one near white pipe. Heading up to Anderson tomorrow. DONT FEED THE DUCKS! Followed for awhile and got annoying.

Only caught 4 yesterday, 14 - 17"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2995.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	9466  

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Only caught 4 yesterday, 14 - 17"

pretty good for this year. what time of day? I have found its been better in the pm

10:30 - 4. Near Mack's Creek.

They're not as big as the fish caught from the Goose Neck Bay area
    Last edited by Patience; 06-22-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Default still really slow

Fished on Sunday and while it was a beautiful day the fishing at LP is brutally slow. We boated only one nice almost 18" football and lost another that was it's twin right at the net. Then only about 5 pop off's with no fish and that was it. Slowest fishing at LP in history for my boat. Did see another boat catch a decent fish on a rainbow colored dodger and orange looking squid. We used our standard orange spinner flasher combo. Tried all depths from 6ft to 45ft. Most of our bites were at the 28ft that seems to be a popular depth for us both Anderson and LP. One fish we didn't land was on 1/2 ounce 150ft back at 2mph so we figure right up on top.

There were more people at LP on Sunday by 1pm than I have ever seen in my pretty long life. People waiting out on the main road at Spring Shores to put in because all of the parking spaces were full. They were even double parking rigs and had a crew of kids managing the parking lot like at the fair. One lane road throughout the parking lot and you couldn't even stop to put your boat away properly before another guy would pull up on you. On our way out we counted almost another 100 rigs with boats and trailers heading up. There were boats cris-crossing in every direction with the lake beaten into a froth and it's just shear madness!!!! Broke the cardinal rule of LP on the weekend. BE GONE BY 10am or ELSE.

They need a giant sign on the highway. $hitter is full Clark...GO BACK HOME!

Quote Originally Posted by F-Bomb View Post
    Fished on Sunday and while it was a beautiful day the fishing at LP is brutally slow. We boated only one nice almost 18" football and lost another that was it's twin right at the net. Then only about 5 pop off's with no fish and that was it. Slowest fishing at LP in history for my boat. Did see another boat catch a decent fish on a rainbow colored dodger and orange looking squid. We used our standard orange spinner flasher combo. Tried all depths from 6ft to 45ft. Most of our bites were at the 28ft that seems to be a popular depth for us both Anderson and LP. One fish we didn't land was on 1/2 ounce 150ft back at 2mph so we figure right up on top.

There were more people at LP on Sunday by 1pm than I have ever seen in my pretty long life. People waiting out on the main road at Spring Shores to put in because all of the parking spaces were full. They were even double parking rigs and had a crew of kids managing the parking lot like at the fair. One lane road throughout the parking lot and you couldn't even stop to put your boat away properly before another guy would pull up on you. On our way out we counted almost another 100 rigs with boats and trailers heading up. There were boats cris-crossing in every direction with the lake beaten into a froth and it's just shear madness!!!! Broke the cardinal rule of LP on the weekend. BE GONE BY 10am or ELSE.

They need a giant sign on the highway. $hitter is full Clark...GO BACK HOME!
    We were up there Sunday and your right.. By noon I thought that I was on the Ocean🤯🤯. Zoo it was.. It was a record for us.. We got one bump and that was it. Disappointing is a understatement ,was nice morning to be on the water😎😎

Default 1st time kok. limited at LP - 2018 :)

Solo fished at LP from 9:00 ~ 2:00PM. Took home 6 fatty Kok. 2-18.5", 2 -~18", 1 17", 1-16". Released 4 little Kok and 1 rainbow.
    It was windy so I troll from Pipeline Gulch to Charcoal Creek. 1st hour was nothing from 10' to 20', then from 10:00AM caught my 1st fish at 20' with DR then more action with the little new planers, by 11:00Am I boated 3 fatty Kok. Then I troll from Charcoal to Gooseneck Bay and I caught other 3.

Kokabow dodger + pink squid + shoepeg corn with herring scent. DR from 20 to 28 with about 30' line out. 1.5 MPH

Reservoir wasn't busy. The area that I fish was only me there. Saw few other boats by Goose Neck Bay.

Good day, good fishing.

Name:	LP_KOK_0410.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	497.3 KB 
ID:	9476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP_KOK_0407.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	474.4 KB 
ID:	9477  
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default not much luck

Fished LP from 8 -3 yesterday, no Kokes, but two rainbows. Fought the wind early morning and wake through the afternoon. Tried pink hoochies and some mack spinners, long line at 30ft down.
    Sea Eagle 12ft Foldcat with 3.5hp Nissan and 30lb Minnkota. Also 1987 Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, 225 Volvo.

Default Spring shores

the kokes were biting good till the wind came up, most bites were on pink flutter hoochie. The scent was pro cure kokaknee magic
    team Zigzag

Default Slow!

Fished today in LP from 8:00Am ~ Noon. Released 2 good size rainbow, lost 2 Kok close to the boat. fishing was very slow...Talk to other couple, they said they didn't get any hit....
    Trolling with same setup and depth that I posted on 6-26-18 above.

Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    2 good size rainbow
    I very much appreciate the report. Would you mind explaining what that^ means?

Quote Originally Posted by hooknhunter View Post
    I very much appreciate the report. Would you mind explaining what that^ means?
    Hi hooknhunter,
    The rainbow trout is good eating fish, but we (wife and I) are prefer the Kokanee. If the rainbow trout get a chance to survive then I'll release them. The trout I released today about 14 ~ `15".

Thanks.

Default Unlucky peak

Going to hit it tomorrow morning and see what’s up.

Default Lucky Peak Blues

Fished LP yesterday morning. LPO=1 us=0. Just maybe the toughest day up there in the 50 years I've fished it. Caught one dink trout at 20', two drive-bys at 45 and 50'. That was it. Never saw a net. Fished the narrows, and Goose Neck. It'll take some really good posts to lure me back there!!! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Fished LP yesterday morning. LPO=1 us=0. Just maybe the toughest day up there in the 50 years I've fished it. Caught one dink trout at 20', two drive-bys at 45 and 50'. That was it. Never saw a net. Fished the narrows, and Goose Neck. It'll take some really good posts to lure me back there!!! Mike
    I'm with ya Mike. Definitely shucks...

Default Un Lucky Peak

Fished LP this morning from 8 to about Noon. Hooked one "dink" koke that was lost at the boat when it wrapped the line around the downrigger line and one very nice trout. Fished from Spring shores, all the way thru the narrows and down to Gooseneck. Both fish were hooked down around Gooseneck. Very disappointing. Did not mark hardly any fish on the finder. Gotta question going back.
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Fished last night after work for about 3 hours. Ended up with 5 in the boat. All around 12-13 in. Fished by the dam at around 25 feet deep.

Default Spring shores

Birch creek koke on pink kokabow. 1.7 mph down 24'.all bites at 9am.

Name:	IMAG2927.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	9497  
    team Zigzag

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast