Thread: 2018 Lucky Peak Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Hybrid View

Default 2018 Lucky Peak Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Many all your Lucky Peak trips be filled with fish and few wakeboard waves.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default sunday 1/28/18

went out sunday, and fished from 2 to 515. Landed 2 trout and 2 kokes. Super windy, made it hard to keep a good speed. Trout were at 15 feet, and the kokes were at 8 ft. Everything is still pretty spread out, not much action on the fish finder. Water was 38*
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

I keep hearing "gooseneck bay" and "charcoal bay" and have no idea what ya'll are talking about. Can I get some enlightenment????

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    I keep hearing "gooseneck bay" and "charcoal bay" and have no idea what ya'll are talking about. Can I get some enlightenment????
    Look at this map.
    http://www.nww.usace.army.mil/Portal...TearOffMap.pdf
    Grey Hewescraft Sportsman 180 with Yamahas and a black top.

Picked up 6 kokes today. We were marking big schools, but just couldn't get an to bite very often.

Where were you marking them at?

Default map

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    you can get a map of the lake at spring shores sheriff office
    team Zigzag

Default Spring Shores Launch open?

Hoping to take the boat out on Tue for the first time this year. Is the launch ramp at Spring Shores usable, or do we still need to launch by the dam?
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbob View Post
    Hoping to take the boat out on Tue for the first time this year. Is the launch ramp at Spring Shores usable, or do we still need to launch by the dam?
    Yes Spring Shores ramp is useable even a couple of docks in the water. Good luck up there!

Default great boat ride, great fishing, catching not so much

I launched at Spring Shores, had a slow boat ride for about 4 hours, and decided to come home. Not a single tap. I fished east of the ramp and then went back down the reservoir a little beyond the heli pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Physion View Post
    I launched at Spring Shores, had a slow boat ride for about 4 hours, and decided to come home. Not a single tap. I fished east of the ramp and then went back down the reservoir a little beyond the heli pad.
    Hmmm..... That's disappointing to hear Physion. Hopefully this isn't the "off year" for Kokes on Lucky Peak, but it's still early. I was going to give LP a try sometime next week, but now I may head up to Arrowrock. I prefer fishing Arrowrock over LP because the boat traffic is is much lower there. The road there is just a pain in the butt, though. Seems like the road is mostly in rough shape. I can deal with that, but it seems it like it is always dusty or muddy.....which means a lot more work cleaning up when I pull into the driveway. I'll post a report when I go.

Pauli
    Last edited by Pauli; 03-11-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Default Thanks for the report

Thanks for the report. The board at Sportsman's says the trout bite is "great" and Kokes "good. Maybe a bit over exaggerated?
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

The Sportsman's Warehouse locations publish their fishing reports on the web, and they are often word-for-word the same for months and months on end. Terrible source! Mike

One of the guys I ran into at LP on saturday said that he thought the bite was off because they had raised the water quite a bit. I have seen water level changes do that in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by pthept View Post
    Thanks for the report. The board at Sportsman's says the trout bite is "great" and Kokes "good. Maybe a bit over exaggerated?
    that board is a joke in the winter time. Never gets updated. I bet that report was posted in august 2017

we went up to LP last week and got 1 koke by the dam, then proceeded to get nothing for the next 3 hours. Evening trip. The last time we went, we got 6. But the water level has rose about 20 feet since that trip. Last year the bite turned off when they started to raise the water. Give it a week or 2 after it fills up and they will be back on.

Default Water level

I use this site to track water levels on Lucky Peak. You can also get to other reservoirs from this site.

https://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/ram...ir%20Elevation

If the site is correct, Lucky Peak has dropped less than 3 inches since Mar. 5. I don't think that would have much affect on the fishing.

Physion

The USGS are the ones that operate the gage at Lucky Peak. Here is there link. https://waterdata.usgs.gov/id/nwis/u...65,00060,00010

Fished for a few hours on Sunday. No bites the whole day (I'm also a newbie, so take that with a grain of salt). It was a nice day for a boat ride though. Tight lines!