Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Lucky Peak Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

It’s dead everywhere in Idaho . No one’s catching anything anywhere. Might have to move to California....I hear the bite there is outstanding.

Default K see ya!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MackayGuy View Post
    It’s dead everywhere in Idaho . No one’s catching anything anywhere. Might have to move to California....I hear the bite there is outstanding.

K BYE!!!!!!!! Have a great time in Cali..........

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    didnt go yesterday as planned - looks like wed report was a bust - guess i didnt miss anything - all we have is Anderson - did catch some Arrowrock early but have not seen any reports recently - any reports from there?

Went yesterday to DLP ( dead lucky peak ) had two on ( a double ) both got off and that was it for the day - not another bite - marked a lot but no takers - talked to one boat which had 2 and saw them net another - only net i saw out I guess Anderson is the only show unless Arrowrock is picking up any one have recent report?

Default Arrowrock

Quote Originally Posted by G3 longliner View Post
    Went yesterday to DLP ( dead lucky peak ) had two on ( a double ) both got off and that was it for the day - not another bite - marked a lot but no takers - talked to one boat which had 2 and saw them net another - only net i saw out I guess Anderson is the only show unless Arrowrock is picking up any one have recent report?
    My boss landed a nice koke on lead line with a little Cleo
    team Zigzag

Default Fishing report

Any weekend reports at lucky peak?

Quote Originally Posted by John123987 View Post
    lots of Googins fished till 10 lost 2 out of 3 bites - did have a hughy on got to boat looked to be close to 20 if not more never has a kok hit like that - pulled it down and it never came back up - thought i was on bottom - jumped at least 4 times - one last run at the boat and snapped the snubber- would have at least liked to measure it - counted over 40 boats heading for Arrowrock - bet that was a cluster Back to Anderson this week

Default Lucky Peak

Quote Originally Posted by John123987 View Post
    Got one Kok to the boat 17", 5 bows and 1 Chinook on Friday before the crowds showed up.

sad to see the poor reports. I figured it would pick up with the heat. Guess its Anderson this weekend...…. I much prefer the 30 min drive to LP over the 2 hour drive to Anderson
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Default Sunday

Had 5 hits but no fish... using squids with double
    hooks and corn. I know they are soft mouthed but
    Really? What am I doing wrong??

Default Question

Quote Originally Posted by DEALMKR View Post
    I'm thinking about camping on a dock site for a couple of days. Are they 1 boat 1 camp site and can you have campfires?

I like #31

Sometimes it helps to just put corn on the top hook (the one closest to the pole) That's what I do when I get a lot of short strikes.
    Old ('79) Chrysler tri-hull with Minn Kota bow mount and Penn manual downriggers.

If your gear isn't straight out of the package then sharpen your hooks. I didn't think it was necessary but seemed to have a higher landing rate when I started doing that.

Default Has anyone camped & having your boat on a dock? Campfires?

Feed back please?

Feed back please?
    Uhm, What he said? ^

Or perhaps your luck is that same as everyone else. That's just Kokanee fishing, is it not?

Oh, now I think I'm up to speed. You wanted feedback on fires and camping. Sorry, I have none.

Default hmmm

I'm not stirring the pot (LOL). Not sure that "luck" has anything at all to do with kokanee fishing!

At LP for camping it's an un-regulated first come first serve free for all. Now normal humans see that someone is parked at a dock and move on to an unoccupied dock. (NORMAL) I've seen it all so expect that any given day you might have company at your camp/dock. Most of the good spots that have a fire pit and a cover/table setup are pretty obviously designed for one group. That being said the level of stupidity that I've witnessed up there means it is wise to expect anything! Check with the BLM on fires and burn bans. It's still pretty green so I'm guessing no restrictions yet. Keep in mind that if you light the world on fire you get to pay for it these days.

My thoughts on luck and lucky kokanee fishing might mean a boat full of bikini clad beauties with a cooler full of premium micro beers show up to share your camp/dock. If that happens I change my tune about luck and fishing! That's pretty lucky.

Default Lucky day @ Lucky Peak

Solo fished LP today from 9:30AM ~ 2:30PM. Took home 4 fat kok, 1-18" and other ~ 16". Lost few other when netting, my net is 7' long :) Release 4 rainbow, no Chinook.
    Vance dodger + Pink squid + white corn + herring scent. 35' line out 20' depth with DR.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP_KOK_3791.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	9449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP_18-in-KOK_3783.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	9450  
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

Default I'll second that.

Lucky indeed.
    Although I did not see you near me, I too was lucky today, from 9:30 - 3, 16.5 - 18, only Kokes, near Gooseneck Bay, homemade dodger & spinner, corn with anise.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2991.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	9451
    Quote Originally Posted by fish4kok View Post
    Solo fished LP today from 9:30AM ~ 2:30PM. Took home 4 fat kok, 1-18" and other ~ 16". Lost few other when netting, my net is 7' long :) Release 4 rainbow, no Chinook.
    Vance dodger + Pink squid + white corn + herring scent. 35' line out 20' depth with DR.

Default 6/7/18

Fished from 3-7 pm, yes through the storm until lightning forced us into the bar for an hour. Anyway water temp is nearly 70 degrees and fish were at 2 and half colors on the lead core and all four hit the orange kokabow behind pop gear. The pink got no action and yesterday. Marked most of the fish from point directly across from Spring Shores. Maybe the bite is warming up?
    1985 grey and black Aquaglass Bass boat 16.5 ft 115 horse mercury.

Feed back please?
    I quit camping there, since my last time 3 years ago. People have NO respect anymore. We regularly had googins/Californians pulling up to my dock and tying up to it, and using it like it was theirs. At one time, I couldn't even get my boat out, because I had 3 other boats tied so close to mine. All their kids were swimming and crowding my dock, that my 3 and 4 year olds could not even play. I finally had had enough and about got into a fist fight with another father. We finally packed up our camping stuff and went home..... a day early...….. On the way out I thanked the very rude man by dumping all my garbage, out of the bag, into his boat, as we pulled away. Hes lucky I didn't shoot him...…. so rude, and no thought as to how rude they were, and basically didn't care my kids could not even play.

So ya, have fun camping at that **** hole. The fishing isn't good enough to deal with that, as well as the ski boats coming within 20 feet of you at full speed when your trolling.
    22' Custom Jet boat, Blue with American Flag waving. Blue GMC draggin'

Quote Originally Posted by terek View Post
    I quit camping there, since my last time 3 years ago. People have NO respect anymore. We regularly had googins/Californians pulling up to my dock and tying up to it, and using it like it was theirs. At one time, I couldn't even get my boat out, because I had 3 other boats tied so close to mine. All their kids were swimming and crowding my dock, that my 3 and 4 year olds could not even play. I finally had had enough and about got into a fist fight with another father. We finally packed up our camping stuff and went home..... a day early...….. On the way out I thanked the very rude man by dumping all my garbage, out of the bag, into his boat, as we pulled away. Hes lucky I didn't shoot him...…. so rude, and no thought as to how rude they were, and basically didn't care my kids could not even play.

So ya, have fun camping at that **** hole. The fishing isn't good enough to deal with that, as well as the ski boats coming within 20 feet of you at full speed when your trolling.
    I have had the same thing happen at unlucky peak, it is a challenge I now go early and am off by noon to avoid the Googins.

Default My plan is to dock camp during the week

For a couple of nights. Should be less googins
    To deal with. How come their aren't more rainbows
    At LP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Lucky indeed.
    Although I did not see you near me, I too was lucky today, from 9:30 - 3, 16.5 - 18, only Kokes, near Gooseneck Bay, homemade dodger & spinner, corn with anise.

Fattys at birch creek. Rocking Katy Perry. Using Paulina peak flutter bug.down 22ft ,1.4 mph. So much fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG2776.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	9452  
    Last edited by nepetbutler; 06-10-2018 at 10:39 AM.
    team Zigzag

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Lucky indeed.

I fished between Pipeline Gulch and Charcoal creek SW side from Gooseneck Bay. Nice catch!
    Yesterday I stopped by Kokanee Tackle Shop to buy some squids but Chris closed the shop at 3:00PM. He left the note that he went fishing and won't be back until Tuesday.
    '92 Gray/Red Crestliner 130HP I/O Mercruiser, 9.9HP Honda kicker

I'm going to head up an try my luck sometime this coming week. You would think that LP wouldn't be too crowded till the weather warms up again over the next week. I like to fish early in the morning and only on week days (fortunate to be retired). Has anyone ever wondered how so many young adults can afford those $60k - $90k wakeboard boats, and then see them back a $60k 4x4 Diesel pickup down the ramp??? I made a great living as a military and commercial pilot and still hesitated to shell out huge bucks for some of the toys that they have. It's just amazing to be at the ramp and see all of these expensive toys being hauled around by such young people.

Pauli

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    I'm going to head up an try my luck sometime this coming week. You would think that LP wouldn't be too crowded till the weather warms up again over the next week. I like to fish early in the morning and only on week days (fortunate to be retired). Has anyone ever wondered how so many young adults can afford those $60k - $90k wakeboard boats, and then see them back a $60k 4x4 Diesel pickup down the ramp??? I made a great living as a military and commercial pilot and still hesitated to shell out huge bucks for some of the toys that they have. It's just amazing to be at the ramp and see all of these expensive toys being hauled around by such young people.

Pauli
    I always wonder how the younger folks afford all the expensive toys, but then they’re likely up to their eyes in debt, whereas I (and likely you) don’t owe anybody anything.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast